Car parts from Online

Lotr

just got a pair ( 16 + 28" ) front windscreen wipers for estima 08 for ard rmb33 + $1-2 shipping( split with other items i ordered) . Cheap?

Working well so far. Smooth and wipes very well. if it can last then it will be a very good buy.   [laugh]

Definitely cheap!!!

I too bought a pair of wipers and a pair of replaceable rubbers.  Advertised as factory originals, cost about SGD35 incl. shipping.  Receiving them soon, will see if it is worth the extra money, otherwise will just go for 3rd party instead of factory originals.

I bought window visors.  After delivery from seller to taobao warehouse for consolidation, it was rejected by the warehouse as the item was too long.

Contacted seller and was told that it was more than 1m.  (Didn't give me exact length).  

Damn troublesome to communication with seller and taobao, especially have to type in Chinese, when something goes wrong with purchase

↡ Advertisement

May I know do you all go to the China region by clicking to change the region on the top left corner or stay in Singapore region to search for car parts? I couldn't find any car related part in the Web though.

Any link here would also be good.

TIA

May I know do you all go to the China region by clicking to change the region on the top left corner or stay in Singapore region to search for car parts? I couldn't find any car related part in the Web though.

Any link here would also be good.

TIA

world.taobao.com, top left corner says 新加坡

can also access via shopback for a bit of cashback.  A minor hassle, you can try it out to gauge if it is worth the time

• Praise 1

don't mind my asking, are the stuffs you bought Made in China or imported?  How to ensure that the parts are the right ones, any tips to share, especially those typically non user replaceable kinds like water pump, power steering pump?

I bought a engine cover strut for my car, doesn't fit though China has same model.  Wasted 40 bucks

All parts made in China. For Taobao need to be sure the parts are the one you need. Usually they will say for the same model (you need to be sure about your car model which is usually the same world wide). Water pump, power steering pump actually just 1 to 1 replacement  so these are user replaceable. Just need a bit of elbow grease.

For engine parts need to be sure as different region use different engine even though the cc might be the same. eg for Honda can have some many variants just for the K20 and K24 series.

If in doubt just provide them your full chassis number and they should be able to check for you.

Hi. I tried this Taobao purchase on 19 Feb for car accessories items. My feedback on first time using this online purchase.  Basically taobao has a lot of policies in place such as refund for non delivery, faulty items, payment etc. you can also track the very detailed breakdown of where your item is as it moves along from vendor to courier, to shipping to customs, to arriving in Singapore port, to Singapore customs..etc..etc

When we make payment online, it is actually paid to the taobao website and not to the vendor direct.  Only when goods received in proper order then the vendor will receive the payment.  Two ways of processing payment when I called up Taobao to ask.  One way is to click on "confirm goods received" against the item that you ordered and payment will be made to the vendor.  The other way is that there is a countdown timer next to the "confirm goods received" button, let the timer countdown by itself and then payment will automatically be wired to the vendor.  The second option was recommended by the operator because he told me sometimes the goods maybe defective after a while, so we may reject the goods so that payment will not be made.

Two products I ordered on 19 Feb which is the LED interior lights and chrome accessories and items arrived at my doorstep on 23 Feb and 25 Feb. Was surprised that the delivery was so fast and everything was in order.

Two other items which I ordered encountered a little bit of problem. I order one pair of rear LED lights and after one week, I noticed that the vendor was still in the process of contacting the courier service.  I did not realize that they actually instant message in Taobao website to me on 24 Feb to say that they cannot deliver to Singapore and asked me to do something. (I only saw the message on 27 late night).  We communicated thru IM Taobao that night and the vendor told me to order the rear LED lights thru Aliexpress which their company is also listed there as they can do free shipping to Singapore.  I was a bit skeptical but went ahead to order the same item thru Aliexpress on Sat midnight.  As of last night, I received an email from Aliexpress which informed me that my product has been shipped.  The vendor also told me to seek a refund for the Taobao order which I did that night and immediately the vendor approved my refund and as of last night the refund process is already completed.  

One item I ordered from another vendor was the spoiler on 24 Feb. Again I did not know that the vendor IM me in Taobao website the next day and I got an overseas phone call during the day from the vendor who said that the price I paid did not include shipping to Singapore and I had to pay 450RMB more for the shipping fee if I want. We communicated thru watsapp and I realized that I have a vpost China address and I asked him if he could ship to the vpost address and he said can and I will no need to pay the 450RMB. As of this morning after checking the tracking order, the item has arrived at my vpost address.  He even bothered to take a picture of the courier receipt and send to me thru IM Taobao.

Taobao, Amazon, Aliexpress have polices in place to process refunds, defective goods, etc.  I also ordered things last week from Amazon JP and the items have been shipped from vpost warehouse in Japan because the vendors don't ship direct to Singapore.  Though I have to pay a fair bit of shipping charges for vpost.

Good to sign up for a free vpost account as they will provide you four vpost addresses.  One each for Japan, China, USA and Europe. So you can get vendors to deliver to these vpost holding warehouses in the respective countries and pay shipping on your own thru vpost.

So far my experience with them is good. And its the first time I ordered things online.

Edited by Wildaltum
  • Praise 2

Glad you have good experience with taobao. What you said about the payment to seller is actually held with taobao first until customer confirm goods receipt or expiry of a certain number of days if customer did not confirm goods receipt is true.

I started using taobao only around the middle of last year, main complaint is the hassle of communication in Chinese. I also think the shipping cost is quite high usually around 25% of purchase. And there is 3% surcharge by taobao for credit card usage.

• Praise 1

Glad you have good experience with taobao. What you said about the payment to seller is actually held with taobao first until customer confirm goods receipt or expiry of a certain number of days if customer did not confirm goods receipt is true.

I started using taobao only around the middle of last year, main complaint is the hassle of communication in Chinese. I also think the shipping cost is quite high usually around 25% of purchase. And there is 3% surcharge by taobao for credit card usage.

tips:

- use eNets for payment if the cart total cost is more than ~180 yuan. Standard SGD1 for any amount.

- less than 180 yuan use credit card.

- eNets only available for PC/Desktop taobao.com website. if you are using mobile taobao app, just check out but do not agree to finalize payment using credit card. Later go back to a PC to use eNets for payment.

- Some taobao shops will auto discount for taobao.app purchase, so I will usually use the taobao.app to finalize the cart to lock in the discounts before making payment via PC/Desktop.

• Praise 3

some tips:

usually before i make payment, i will ask seller 2 standard questions, if there is stock and when they will send the item out.

If item sent out and you have not received, you can extend the payment that will be credited to seller only 1 time... i think is 5 days or 1 week so do it at last min.

if you mobile pay, there are some discount sometime but convert to SG usually not much.

you can try using Alipay mobile to pay... that's what i do... so my credit card and bank details are kept safe.  Disclaimer: i never use Alipay top up card before. I do transfer from my china bank account to alipay instead.

http://www.axs.com.sg/axsStation_eservices.php

And if there is dispute on the items/refund, you can appeal to taobao to interfere, they will decide who is right and who is wrong and decision is final

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 2

tips:

- use eNets for payment if the cart total cost is more than ~180 yuan. Standard SGD1 for any amount.

- less than 180 yuan use credit card.

- eNets only available for PC/Desktop taobao.com website. if you are using mobile taobao app, just check out but do not agree to finalize payment using credit card. Later go back to a PC to use eNets for payment.

- Some taobao shops will auto discount for taobao.app purchase, so I will usually use the taobao.app to finalize the cart to lock in the discounts before making payment via PC/Desktop.

Useful information. Thank you!!

• Praise 1

Having bought car stuffs from amazon, taobao and ebay, I am wondering what other websites are there for us to source for parts.

I chanced on a few from UK and a bit concerned about shipping cost eroding any savings from the lower online prices.  Though I found one, mick's garage that seem to offer flat shipping rate.  Anyone bought from this website before with experience to share?

UK or US shipping is not cheap.

Free shipping proly is for local delivery or simply is a scam.

not really lah, many have bought engine oil from amazon with free shipping :D

Amazon an exception, reputable spare parts retailer seldom offer free shopping.

Why not try checking out with a purchase and see if it offer free oversea shipping.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone bought car parts and accessories from taobao and care to share their experience?

Been looking around and prices are really affordable for many things likes accessories and even service parts.

Of course I am concerned about imitations but seems like some items are genuine but made for their local market.

Currently, I am looking at stuffs like car door visors, windshield wipers and diy soundproofing rubber strips.

Hello There,

I just bought my first car and I want to make some changes to it on my own. So I decided this time to buy carparts online rather go to the garage and other car parts store. If you have proper details about what you want for your car then online marketplace is the good option just add the details of parts and accessories you want to buy and you can get them on less $$. 

I'm using Tridon Wiper Blades after long research on the Internet I select it from onlineautomoitve. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

post-226942-0-43839400-1533441883_thumb.jpg

I recently bought this Audi accessory for my car and chanced upon this new local retailer selling parts and accessories online at pretty decent prices and delivers right to your door. My experience is that their delivery service is really fast and the packaging was good, maybe can check them out. Apparently my friend mentioned you can even chat with them to enquire for any part you need

Link: https://www.lazada.sg/shop/sgcarparts

Cheers  [:p]

Edited by junyz
↡ Advertisement