Anyone using IPTV?

Bluepica

What are they targetting ?

Boxes ?

Boxes are not illegal. It's only hardware.

When does it bcom illegal ?

When you load a certain "illegal" software or when the software start to stream from "illegal" sources ?

Computers can stream from "illegal" source, does it make computer illegal ?

Just bcuz Sgporeans buy the most boxes doesn't necessary make it the most rampant in video piracy.

If they really want to clamp down, go clamp down on the "illegal" streaming sources.

↡ Advertisement

We are in a time whereby digital entertainment is simply overflowing. There's no way one person can consume so much content. If something is too expensive like premier league, then simply just don't watch lor. There are plenty of other things to watch or do with your time...

Like YouTube, gamers can watch streamed games, walkthroughs or girls can watch make up videos lol... Sounds silly and stupid but all these take up people's attention

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

i think our garment is not doing strong clampdown because many SGreans are still paying hundreds of bucks per month for cable TV... as mentioned, those who dont subscribe can probably live without it anyway... 

i think our garment is not doing strong clampdown because many SGreans are still paying hundreds of bucks per month for cable TV... as mentioned, those who dont subscribe can probably live without it anyway...

i know of many who uses streaming boxes but i am not 1 but its always tempting. Some yrs back i know of Malaysians who bought satellite boxes in Sim Lim and bring it home to piggyback on MY private satellite channels for free.....heck they even buy many illegal stuff to reduce their electricity and water tariff. Its an open secret for them and nobody complain and they basically dont sabo each other.

We are in a time whereby digital entertainment is simply overflowing. There's no way one person can consume so much content. If something is too expensive like premier league, then simply just don't watch lor. There are plenty of other things to watch or do with your time...

Like YouTube, gamers can watch streamed games, walkthroughs or girls can watch make up videos lol... Sounds silly and stupid but all these take up people's attention

agreed. nowadays got netflix, youtube, etc. Anyway, just because something one feel is expensive does not justify stealing it....

I remember I was SHOCKED that a couple of years back my relative bought an android TV from one of the MAJOR electrical chain here and it came if the streaming software installed for them to access illegal streams. That is like really blatant.

Boxes ?

When you load a certain "illegal" software or when the software start to stream from "illegal" sources ?

Just bcuz Sgporeans buy the most boxes doesn't necessary make it the most rampant in video piracy.

If they really want to clamp down, go clamp down on the "illegal" streaming sources.

I think they are saying why these box can be sold openly everywhere in established shops and IT shows.

contents can be stream from any device but they make it easy and convenient using the box, computer users have to be slightly savvy and to search, not ordinary old people and housewife can do [laugh]

I am not good in searching and watching from. computer. I bought a TV box and it became an white elephant after 2 weeks [sweatdrop] I still stream movies from iPad, again didn't watch often cos dun have the time and the screen is small.

Netflix is good but I heard from people that content is slow, some blockbuster can take up to a year before you get to watch it.

Hence I still have starhub TV for my mum to watch in her room, we get to watch those Taiwan/china variety shows, Korean drama [laugh]

Twincharged

Boxes ?

i think they are still sore that they lost the suit with the stupid movie Dallas Buyers Club last time ... so now just just blame everything on SG.

i know of many who uses streaming boxes but i am not 1 but its always tempting. Some yrs back i know of Malaysians who bought satellite boxes in Sim Lim and bring it home to piggyback on MY private satellite channels for free.....heck they even buy many illegal stuff to reduce their electricity and water tariff. Its an open secret for them and nobody complain and they basically dont sabo each other.

streaming boxes are relatively cheap considering what people are paying for cable... also since its being sold openly, and garment not doing anything, people take it as legal... 

if too much publicity and complaints by the coalition then garment may clamp down... but there will always be other means... so many streaming links available online... 

streaming boxes are relatively cheap considering what people are paying for cable... also since its being sold openly, and garment not doing anything, people take it as legal...

if too much publicity and complaints by the coalition then garment may clamp down... but there will always be other means... so many streaming links available online...

Luckily i weaned myself off EPL about a decade ago! I have Starhub just to watch their documentaries and the only series i watched is The Walking Dead. My 2nd favourite series was NCIS until Anthony Dinozzo's character was changed and Fez (70s Show) took over! The chemistry between Dinozzo and the rest of the characters makes the series somewhat funny and likeable especially Gibbs. I first watched the series on TV2 and when agent Kate was killed i got toally hooked to the series.

Well, maybe the whole world knows that Singaporeans are easily controlled by the gov thats why they are aimming at us and us being small and much easier to govern make us the biggest figure 11 in the world....

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

As I said it’s not just steaming boxes... my relative new tv came with all the pirate software PREINSTALLED so that all the old uncle and auntie just need to press button from the remote controller to watch pirate streams.

They bought it from one of the major electrical chains.... I think this is too much and deserves a clampdown. Last time got all the pirate dvd and games shops in Sim Lim until it was clamp down

As I said itâs not just steaming boxes... my relative new tv came with all the pirate software PREINSTALLED so that all the old uncle and auntie just need to press button from the remote controller to watch pirate streams.

They bought it from one of the major electrical chains.... I think this is too much and deserves a clampdown. Last time got all the pirate dvd and games shops in Sim Lim until it was clamp down

hmm do we really want a clampdown? means no more cheap cable TV...

Content needs funding to be produced. That's why they are being charged. Whether premium or not, depends on the local content providers (e.g. mio or StarHub) as they bid to purchase the content for release in Singapore.

Yes, we can complain that it might be too expensive but then again, we have the choice not to purchase it and live with the FTA content which may not be as engaging or interesting to watch.

At the end of the day, something's gotta give.

Just my humble tuppence.

• Praise 2

hmm do we really want a clampdown? means no more cheap cable TV...

there are costs involved in being so blatant about piracy.

The obvious is some foreign companies will not invest in locations with poor IP controls. 

can only give one reason for why it is happening here......the bloody cable tv providers here are charging way too much for their packages.

sorry... i will never forget....  watch until the most exciting moment in 2012... kenna disrupted... and all i got was a sorry... and abt 2mins of wtf is going on...  

As I said it’s not just steaming boxes... my relative new tv came with all the pirate software PREINSTALLED so that all the old uncle and auntie just need to press button from the remote controller to watch pirate streams.

wat clampdown? many of my peers and me have been watching it for FREE over the years with ease with a computer... 

the box just allowed less tech savvy ppl to access it...  i hv been using my netbook with HDMI output to watch movies on demand for years... way before this ''pirated'' boxes...   

• Praise 2

Content needs funding to be produced. That's why they are being charged. Whether premium or not, depends on the local content providers (e.g. mio or StarHub) as they bid to purchase the content for release in Singapore.

Yes, we can complain that it might be too expensive but then again, we have the choice not to purchase it and live with the FTA content which may not be as engaging or interesting to watch.

At the end of the day, something's gotta give.

Just my humble tuppence.

agree on this. btw i'm also subscribing to Mio TV, so nothing against cable TV. 

as bro @superbored mentioned, even if there is a clampdown on the devices, we can still stream from our laptops and mobile devices as long as its connected to the net. 

there are costs involved in being so blatant about piracy.

The obvious is some foreign companies will not invest in locations with poor IP controls. 

nowadays no country is immune to piracy... the onus is on the company to set up the necessary security systems and firewalls for their online systems. 

funny that some of the website in China need to subscribe and pay for their membership before you can watch the latest show/movies. Some you even have problem access, is this a way to curb piracy? The question is did they get their source legally? [laugh]

funny that some of the website in China need to subscribe and pay for their membership before you can watch the latest show/movies. Some you even have problem access, is this a way to curb piracy? The question is did they get their source legally? [laugh]

china is different... the TV stations themselves have tie-ups with streaming websites.... 

and as i quantified in the first sentence... CHINA IS DIFFERENT...  

↡ Advertisement