2015 BMW X1 sDrive20i

zhehao

A bit too early to tell because DCT launched end 2017. But so far seems not as bad as VW DSG.

On handling, it depends on how particular you are. For sure the F30 3 is much better because lower CG and RWD. The new G20 3 should be even better.

Oh really? Only from 2017. Thought x1 started from 2015 and already had it.

On handling, I am afraid I will regret big time switching from f30 to x1, especially after I put f30 on 18". The only thing is I have never tried an suv and now the overtrade is delicious. Tough decision. Hahahha.

Thanks bro.

↡ Advertisement

A bit too early to tell because DCT launched end 2017. But so far seems not as bad as VW DSG.

On handling, it depends on how particular you are. For sure the F30 3 is much better because lower CG and RWD. The new G20 3 should be even better.

https://www.greencarcongress.com/2015/02/20150213-getrag.html

The 7DCT300 features a wet dual clutch, electro-mechanical gear actuation and new electro-hydraulic clutch actuation, enabling significant reductions in fuel consumption compared to earlier transmissions. The oil in the 7DCT300 is fill-for-life, which results in considerable advantages in terms of maintenance and running costs.

Sound familiar

On handling, I am afraid I will regret big time switching from f30 to x1, especially after I put f30 on 18". The only thing is I have never tried an suv and now the overtrade is delicious. Tough decision. Hahahha.

Thanks bro.

F30 vs F48

Ground Clearance: 157mm vs 183mm

Height: 1.43m vs 1.6m

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thanks bro.

Yes, before 2017 was the 6 and 8 spd aisin gb.

Some variants of x1 also come with 18", but that's not the key point. But if you are serious about handling, better stick with RWD sedan cars unless you go for Macan or X3M. Lol.

Edited by Douglam

Yes, before 2017 was the 6 and 8 spd aisin gb.

Some variants of x1 also come with 18", but that's not the key point. But if you are serious about handling, better stick with RWD sedan cars unless you go for Macan or X3M. Lol.

I am not those who will drift but a properly balanced car give me very good confidence going into a corner and out...e.g. the BKE to PIE band and the CTE to havelock exit. The tailgating taxis can never follow me through.

I am not those who will drift but a properly balanced car give me very good confidence going into a corner and out...e.g. the BKE to PIE band and the CTE to havelock exit. The tailgating taxis can never follow me through. ð Hahaha.

I can accept slightly lower handling (go slower lor) but not too big a drastic change from f30. Also thought of changing as nvr owned a suv b4 plus also for aging parents getting in out of car. Dilemma. Ha.

With the higher CG in the x1, definitely more body roll when cornering. Laws of physics. Plus with the FWD in the x1, it will be a very different feeling when you accelerate out of the turn. Best to test drive and see for yourself whether you can accept the "downgrade". Hahaha.

With the higher CG in the x1, definitely more body roll when cornering. Laws of physics. Plus with the FWD in the x1, it will be a very different feeling when you accelerate out of the turn. Best to test drive and see for yourself whether you can accept the "downgrade". Hahaha.

Test drive can't go to BKE/PIE or CTE/havelock exit to try. Hahaha. Test drove usual AYE route, seems ok.

X2 fwd can’t really feel it but X1 very obvious

• Praise 1

Test drive can't go to BKE/PIE or CTE/havelock exit to try. Hahaha. Test drove usual AYE route, seems ok.

Lol. If you can't tell the difference, means you didn't drive hard enough. Hahaha. Anyway, like Pohhenry mentioned, maybe can consider the x2 if you are concerned about handling.

I am not those who will drift but a properly balanced car give me very good confidence going into a corner and out...e.g. the BKE to PIE band and the CTE to havelock exit. The tailgating taxis can never follow me through.

(edited)

lowered the SUV to reduce body roll ... lol

but that defeat the purpose of SUV

Edited by Wt_know

lowered the SUV to reduce body roll ... lol

but that defeat the purpose of SUV

///M sports suspension kit can fix that problem easily

I have test driven a number of SUVs, such as X1, CX-5, Tiguan, Harrier.

The Tiguan and Harrier have the typical SUV body roll. However I found that the X1 and CX-5 have excellent handling. While they will not handle better than a RWD BMW, they were as good as my previous car (RWD conti sedan with lowered suspension) in a normal drive, not fast cornering.

But Douglam is right, I didn't drive them hard enough.

This sounds good enough! I know mazda is the most conti-like japanese car, having own a mazda before.

I don't drive like a mad man but a sure footed ride makes a whole of difference.

///M sports suspension kit can fix that problem easily

No $$ to further zng the car. Moreover I am always having itchy backside on the 4th years onwards, so will not wanna waste $$ to zng the car further. Might as well buy a reasonable well set up stock car.
  • Praise 1

No $$ to further zng the car. Moreover I am always having itchy backside on the 4th years onwards, so will not wanna waste $$ to zng the car further. Might as well buy a reasonable well set up stock car.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:09 PM, Rskc said:
On 6/14/2019 at 10:25 PM, Davidtch said:

You can always indent for ///M sports.

[thumbsup]

No $$!!

Edited by Globe
↡ Advertisement