2015 BMW X1 sDrive20i

zhehao

Was at PML last Sat, and saw the sDrive18i. Everything looks the same as sDrive20i, except with a 6 speed gearbox. Maybe I am not a BMW expert, but visually, can't tell the 2 model apart (and not looking at the badge).

- B38 1,499cc 3 cylinder TC petrol engine

- Max horsepower @ 136ps

- Max torque @ 220Nm

- 0 - 100Km/h @ 9.7sec

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

See attached specs and equipment list. Falls under Cat B - 136hp

Thks good info!! so it's Cat B after all, likely same output as the 318i

Price wise it is at most $10k to $15k+ difference from the 2litre model so wondering if buyers will bite?

You do get much better performance with the 2litre n with its heavy body not sure if this is a good choice?

• Praise 3

Thks good info!! so it's Cat B after all, likely same output as the 318i

Price wise it is at most $10k to $15k+ difference from the 2litre model so wondering if buyers will bite?

You do get much better performance with the 2litre n with its heavy body not sure if this is a good choice?

Just look at Audi Q3. The 1.4TSI 150ps version has become the main seller.

• Praise 4

Just look at Audi Q3. The 1.4TSI 150ps version has become the main seller.

IMO, for the lower end BMW buyers, price and competition ie choices plays a part.

The 216GT sold well I feel cos price was reasonable and practically no competition for a premium MPV and it helped they had full specs.

X1 on the other hand has quite a few competitors so unless it stands out price, specs, aesthetic or handling wise, it might not move as well. On top of that, a bigger brother X1 2litre complicates matters I feel. My 2 cents and let's see though as our S'pore car buying population are no fools for sure!!  

• Praise 3

(edited)

Seriously x1 is nt a good buy at all. Interior feels very very cui

I just went n took a 2nd look. Cant justify why anyone want to buy the x1. Boot is small, interior dated.

Just dont give any wow factor when stepping in

Edited by Rayoflight

I just went n took a 2nd look. Cant justify why anyone want to buy the x1. Boot is small, interior dated.

All BMW interior look the same so except for gear shift, I don't see much diff in term of interior between 520 and X1.  In fact for passengers , X1 probably better as it has lower middle "trunk" vs 520 or RWD BMW.

(edited)

same goes to M3 and M4 or X1 to X6 series ...

the idrive and the center console design is dated (not ugly) but we have seen enough ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

All BMW interior look the same so except for gear shift, I don't see much diff in term of interior between 520 and X1. In fact for passengers , X1 probably better as it has lower middle "trunk" vs 520 or RWD BMW.

520 vs x1 interior where got no difference bro.. 一个天一个地. Haha, dont say the center console la. All bmw almost the same. Its the side door panel leather wraps etc which makes it feel luxury. U step inside the x1 is really like bare. Edited by Rayoflight

520 vs x1 interior where got no difference bro.. 一个天一个地. Haha, dont say the center console la. All bmw almost the same. Its the side door panel leather wraps etc which makes it feel luxury. U step inside the x1 is really like bare.

I think they bring in the basic with Sensatac leather and basic trim. I don't really like the Black gloss trim, feels plastiky and japanese.

If you were to add those wood trims and Dakota leather with double stitching, it will be the same luxurious feel as X3 5series.. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

IMO, for the lower end BMW buyers, price and competition ie choices plays a part.

The 216GT sold well I feel cos price was reasonable and practically no competition for a premium MPV and it helped they had full specs.

X1 on the other hand has quite a few competitors so unless it stands out price, specs, aesthetic or handling wise, it might not move as well. On top of that, a bigger brother X1 2litre complicates matters I feel. My 2 cents and let's see though as our S'pore car buying population are no fools for sure!!  

Actuall X1 s18i makes perfect sense when compared to GLA180 and Q3 1.4TSI. Specs are higher than GLA180 and price matches at $163,888, while undercuts Audi Q3 1.4 TSI price of $168,300.

GLA and Q3 are Cat A, while X1 s18i is Cat B. 

Of the 3, X1 is most roomy. 

• Praise 1

Actuall X1 s18i makes perfect sense when compared to GLA180 and Q3 1.4TSI. Specs are higher than GLA180 and price matches at $163,888, while undercuts Audi Q3 1.4 TSI price of $168,300.

Agreed bro, good comparisons!

Only apprehension I have is on a petrol 3cyl, 1.5litre car pulling this SUV unlike its more powerful 2litre sibling. That said, it should be the same output as the 318 n so far no adverse feedback yet but that's a saloon unlike this heavier SUV!

• Praise 7

I think they bring in the basic with Sensatac leather and basic trim. I don't really like the Black gloss trim, feels plastiky and japanese.

If you were to add those wood trims and Dakota leather with double stitching, it will be the same luxurious feel as X3 5series.. [thumbsup]

Sensatec leather? Is that BMWspeak for fake leather?

• Praise 1

Sensatec leather? Is that BMWspeak for fake leather?

Yes and for comparison I think Benz calls it artico leather.

• Praise 5

Q3 with 150ps falls into cat B. And it can be had for ~S$150K "only".

• Praise 5

Creative marketing all around...

artico or sensatec, it feels like the real thing, and it last longer than many genuine leather wrapped locally. 

• Praise 1

artico or sensatec, it feels like the real thing, and it last longer than many genuine leather wrapped locally.

Well, if you sit long enough, especially on a warm day, there is a difference. Pleather (plastic leather) will feel warmer than genuine leather because Pleather does not breathe as well.
  • Praise 1

Well, if you sit long enough, especially on a warm day, there is a difference. Pleather (plastic leather) will feel warmer than genuine leather because Pleather does not breathe as well.

Agreed but the one good thing is that for sure sensatec/artico should last longer as real leather tends to crack esp in our hot weather unless you regularly apply conditioner which most us us don't do unfortunately.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5