Do you finance the car yourself or through household income?

Runforyourlife

Twincharged

Touchy topic, worth a discussion since most peeps tend to say "my car".

My own car is paid all by me. My other family cars are shared between me and my parents. We share the cost of buying and maintenance.

Ownself fund = my car

Household fund = family car

Everyone you meet and in this forum tend to say 'my ride' even if it's household fund... Edited by Runforyourlife

My 2 cars.

I lend one of the cars to my wife to drive FOC. I cover her petrol, her insurance and her road tax. Also any of the minor scraps and dents repair incurred by her. In exchange I get a peaceful happy family.... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 10

It is not so easy to pinpoint own fund or household fund.

If one is suppose to give to household fund but chose not to do (give whatever excuse) and channel the money to build up own fund which is then use to pay for car, it is effectively funded by household right?

On surface seem like own fund but effectively it is taking away from household.

Same logic applies if suppose to give parents' money but choose not to and use money to build up own fund to pay for car.

Effectively, car funded by parent right? So on surface, ownself pay for own car but effectively is it so?

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 4

My 2 cars.

I lend one of the cars to my wife to drive FOC. I cover her petrol, her insurance and her road tax. Also any of the minor scraps and dents repair incurred by her. In exchange I get a peaceful happy family.... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

same here. happy wife happy family equal happy man. i better i provide life time warranty and free servicing for her plus option of free upgrade/down grade when she likes after 3years.

It is not so easy to pinpoint own fund or household fund.

If one is suppose to give to household fund but chose not to do (give whatever excuse) and channel the money to build up own fund which is then use to pay for car, it is effectively funded by household right?

On surface seem like own fund but effectively it is taking away from household.

Sorry bro i have no idea what you are talking about :S :S My ang moh standard beri cui.

Sorry bro i have no idea what you are talking about :S :S My ang moh standard beri cui.

No worries, what I am saying is it is not so straight-forward to say it is own money or household money.

No worries, what I am saying is it is not so straight-forward to say it is own money or household money.

So yours is household or personal?

Personal = not in joint account for simplicity sake :S

Sowing discord this thread. Heehee. More Geng is whose ride funded by Wife?

This one ji tao is wanna one knife two pieces :S

Edited by Runforyourlife

So yours is household or personal?

Personal = not in joint account for simplicity sake :S

This one ji tao is wanna one knife two pieces :S

ok I see, if you are just referring to physical account then for me, my personal = household. they are one. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement