Which is better, Original rims or change new rims

kennytansk

On 10/15/2019 at 8:39 AM, riot168 said:

I'm intending to change to original 17 inch sports rim ..

the tyre shop advertised it as original stock.

how to know?

its too cheap ... $300-500 per set of 4 rims.

example.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/used-17-original-mercedes-rims-256710195?t-id=17431325_1567687048322

too cheap ? I say $400 is too expensive. 

1. Its used

2. Its sprayed black

3. Its inclusive of trade in. 

4. You need tyres right ? So they earn again. 

Stock rims, except for some has no value one. Am pretty sure is genuine. Have not seen/heard of any fake "stock" rims before [laugh]

If its me, I would buy it at tops $200. 

Edited by Othello
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

30 minutes ago, Othello said:

too cheap ? I say $400 is too expensive. 

1. Its used

2. Its sprayed black

3. Its inclusive of trade in. 

4. You need tyres right ? So they earn again. 

Stock rims, except for some has no value one. Am pretty sure is genuine. Have not seen/heard of any fake "stock" rims before [laugh]

If its me, I would buy it at tops $200. 

Ya, just a layman to these sorts of things. Nowadays, they say genuine original also come from China. 🙂

Anyway, if it's real, then I am good with it since genuine rims are more sturdy and well made. 

sidetrack a bit, You got any idea those selling amg steering wheels with airbags for $1,200 to $2,000 is real mercedes one or real replica one? LOL.

I am thinking of chaning my 4spoke wheels to a 3spoke wheels. But also worried about safety.

25 minutes ago, riot168 said:

Ya, just a layman to these sorts of things. Nowadays, they say genuine original also come from China. 🙂

Anyway, if it's real, then I am good with it since genuine rims are more sturdy and well made. 

sidetrack a bit, You got any idea those selling amg steering wheels with airbags for $1,200 to $2,000 is real mercedes one or real replica one? LOL.

I am thinking of chaning my 4spoke wheels to a 3spoke wheels. But also worried about safety.

JUST TO share

Original doesn't meant it must be manufactured in Original Origin.

They are some Audi , Mercedes , BMW original wheels are made in CHINA ,only different you can see They had Embossed Original LOGO to certified is Original

I had never Doubt of all this Products made in CHina if they are original Parts.

MHO

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone can recommend a good tyre/rim shop to change rims? Am looking for original audi rims or good quality ones for conti cars, 19" if possible. Thanks and appreciated!

On 1/19/2020 at 9:58 PM, Acezz said:

Hi, anyone can recommend a good tyre/rim shop to change rims? Am looking for original audi rims or good quality ones for conti cars, 19" if possible. Thanks and appreciated!

You can try Autokinetics at 290 MacPherson Road, they specialize rims and tyres for Audi. If you want high quality forged rims, the boss is also manufacturing it locally, which they have ready designs or can help you to custom make designs to your desire.

↡ Advertisement