Which is better, Original rims or change new rims

kennytansk

make sure you get original rims that are really original, and not those cheap imitations, I seen crack on those imitations before, and you wont like the sight of it.  besides, getting a good set of rims can compliment the car itself

mine is BBS cheap version, called Anzio..might not heard of it, cost 550 per rim..

post-52485-0-55522500-1456270116_thumb.png

Edited by Keithchue
↡ Advertisement

Please let us know what brand and model and sub-model. Then can advice if the rim is direct from factory or locally fitted.

If from factory, then best to continue using. If locally fitted, then changing is not much impact

Thanks for the advice.

I'm actually preparing for my car arrival. Not even got the COE yet, AD told me not successful [bigcry] . Bcos wifey likes shinny chrome rims as per previous cars, we changed both cars to shinny ones [;)] .

I'm not even sure what the rims and tyres will be as the AD said the factory will fit it as send to us. Cannot control what and which type of rims and tyres the new car will come with. Only know it will be a 18inch rim, that's all.

UpZ u 5pts. Appreciate! Sorry, realised that I've Upz u before. Cannot for now, thanks anyways.

Carbon fibre rims are the best! No, these are not stock rims...

I doubt these are cheap too.

I believe good things don't come cheap and cheap things don't come good. As long as you are satisfied to the price quality ratio, it is good value for money.

At most you can nego a bit and satisfied with the nego process.

And yes, those rims are chio man! I like it!! [thumbsup]

Thanks

UpZ u 5pts.

Edited by kennytansk

Thanks for the advice.

I'm actually preparing for my car arrival. Not even got the COE yet, AD told me not successful [bigcry] . Bcos wifey likes shinny chrome rims as per previous cars, we changed both cars to shinny ones [;)] .

I'm not even sure what the rims and tyres will be as the AD said the factory will fit it as send to us. Cannot control what and which type of rims and tyres the new car will come with. Only know it will be a 18inch rim, that's all.

Watch this and maybe you will make better decision:

• Praise 5

last time I have seen with my own eyes at a tyres shop,

the guys using a sledge hammer trying to hammer back a Volvo orginal rim , 17' I believe.

its really using 2 hand full force wack, ( the tyres is on the rims to lower the sound )

but they still fail to hammer back the dent.

orginal rims esp conti ( bmw benz ) is that tough

where else those cheap rims, u just need to go over a few time pot hole, u dun see dent, they straight got hair line crack,

my own experience,

tyre shop check no nail, put in water, knn 1 small line crack, got bubble

but dun be mistaken, those so call repical rims cheap rims, they are perfectly legal and meet all the standard TUV  bababa.

but the material is simply different, and of course the price

the Boss or his supervisor probably does not what is alloy rim ?

this is something really bad because if he managed to fix the dent but the integrity of the rim (inside could have crack) is very dangerous to use it anymore

Unlike some engineering shop at least they heat up (soften it before knocking) (but again is still not recommended to do so.

modern business model seems like the Bosses of the company just simply do not care about how their worker do their job

only focus on marketing their business , unlike Olden way Bosses are hand on and they know what they are doing

Is correct that some replica rim are actually OK (with certain standard)

getting Premium rim is 100% better

Watch this and maybe you will make better decision:

Exactly my point.  Unless the aftermarket rim is forged, I ll stick to the stock rims.

There are reasons why some things are cheaper.  Rims and tyres, I will never compromise.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Original also got many are made by aftermarket company like BBS / ROH / RONAL etc etc...

yes many rim company like BBS / ROH / Ronal / ATS / Enkei also make Original equipment rim 

yes many rim company like BBS / ROH / Ronal / ATS / Enkei also make Original equipment rim

All the F1 teams use rims from OZ Racing, BBS, Enkei, Rays and etc. If F1 use them, why not? Haha

• Praise 1

last nigh I ENG I watched the Video

I think they are talking about the Fake/ imitation rim

Not Replica / copied rim

Imitation rim manufacturer come for no where (because they scare to get legal action)

watch carefully the imitation rim behind they embossed made in Germany (ground off) ??? 

Replica rim manufacturers could be a well established factory with proper test  

If those imitation rims are really that bad quality(Safety issue) why our relevant LTA not taking any action or educate Public about such issue?  

• Praise 1

IMHO, try to answer this question first. which is more important to you. LOOK or PERFORMANCE?

if how you styled your new car to look fantastic could make you feel shiok for days, months, years...change the rims to what you

wanted to be seen. no point buying a car and you do not like this like that. you wouldn't feel motivated to drive the car and you would

soon feel your money was not well spent for something you do not like (car).

if what the above is truely you, then you should change the rims once you got the new car or you would have to lugi more for the trade-in price.

as for me, i would go for look over performance. driving a nice car can make me wet :a-happy: , a fast car (speeding) would make me sweat (tio speeding ticket)  :a-m1524:

12806009_10207910861462649_4824394948371

mai tu liao...

Edited by Yeobt
  • Praise 2

Unless you care about bling more than anything else, don't upsize your rims. If you're going lightweight, go for the same diameter.

This is because the wheel size (rims plus tyre sidewall) affects the final drive ratio. Going to a larger rim is like lowering your gear ratio, causing your car to have lower acceleration. True, top speed is theoretically increased, but that doesn't matter when the car is limited anyway (and what does top speed matter on public roads anyway?).

Edited by Turboflat4

Unless you care about bling more than anything else, don't upsize your rims. If you're going lightweight, go for the same diameter.

This is because the wheel size (rims plus tyre sidewall) affects the final drive ratio. Going to a larger rim is like lowering your gear ratio, causing your car to have lower acceleration. True, top speed is theoretically increased, but that doesn't matter when the car is limited anyway (and what does top speed matter on public roads anyway?).

Upsize can, but tyre fit lower profile, keeps the same diameter. 

Take original wheels please, fake wheels are less rigid and dangerous if your are driving fast on the road! Don't be idiot sell your original wheels worth thousands of dollars and change to cheap hundred of dollars wheels made from China

• Praise 4
  • Dislike 3

Upsize can, but tyre fit lower profile, keeps the same diameter. 

So if original tyres are 225/40R18, can change to 225/35R19? Is this how it works?

Spending a little bit more money for the blink plus can use back the original tyres would be nice.

Actually I'd like to have the blink and the wider tyres at the sametime...hehehe. Tam Sim!!!  [:p]

Take original wheels please, fake wheels are less rigid and dangerous if your are driving fast on the road! Don't be idiot sell your original wheels worth thousands of dollars and change to cheap hundred of dollars wheels made from China

Quite sad this guy got downvoted, what he said might be blunt but it's also true. Original rims are heavy but they are made of solid materials and good quality. If you change to a cheap aftermarket replica rim, you run the risk of them giving way or chipping like shown in the youtube video above.

• Praise 1

Quite sad this guy got downvoted, what he said might be blunt but it's also true. Original rims are heavy but they are made of solid materials and good quality. If you change to a cheap aftermarket replica rim, you run the risk of them giving way or chipping like shown in the youtube video above.

Hey Flashbang, 

thanks for speak up to me. I am really appreciate that!

It doesn't matter what people think of me,I just speak up the truth. I was once love replica wheels so much, as it is stylish and cheaper compared to original wheels and I really almost installed to my ride but then I did a lot of research why these replica wheels are so cheap. 

Then I decided to stick to the original wheels, and yea I get myself a set of original TRD wheels rather than using the cheap replica wheels. I even got the wheels colored to black color, to refine its outlooks :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2