Which is better, Original rims or change new rims

kennytansk

(edited)

If stock rims came with tpms is it moee troublesome to change new rim ?

Not at all. It was my concern on my previous ride. But having gone thru' it, including on the current ride, no issue at all (I changed rims on both my old and new rides that come with TPMS). The only thing you will need to observe is, on each air refill, just remember to calibrate the air pressure before you drive off (it's only pressing a button in your car for a few secs and after an acknowledgement beep sound, it's done).

Edited by X5actor

And also the AD dont know will they void warranty or not .....

This has always been the common "not so sure question" that often pops up. Some ADs were known to give the go-ahead to do it, while some gave "unconfirmed/unsure" responses. What I do know some people did was, email the AD your intention to change the wheels and provide the AD with the new wheels spec. Then see what the AD replies. More often than not, I saw more positive responses, i.e. change new wheels would not void warranty. And thru' email, it would serve as an official confirmation.

If stock rims came with tpms is it moee troublesome to change new rim ?

just my sharing.

there are 2 type of TPMS equipped originally fitted with your New car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire-pressure_monitoring_system

Generally most TPMS required you to re-set (re initialize / Store etc) whenever you do any issue to your tires (Punctured repair/ tire changed  / wheel balancing / rotation / regular tire inflation etc ) 

if not the System could trigger a Faults alarm . 

Reason : the system once detected your new Pressure setting is out of the pre-set value (previous stored).

and another reason(only apply to Sensor base or Direct) TPMS is also once the New position of the wheels had changed location from old one the Sensor will still read but it still show your Original wheels position which Original fitted.

Just MHO.

Do share your View or Questions here .

Just 1 advise , always remind the Workshop you have this TPMS so that they will pay more attention especially come to Tire change or Puncture repair , heard of Mech accidental damaged the Sensor .

Just to add on some

beware of your Direct TPMS fitted with your new car , when you plan to change to new wheels please make sure the Workshop transfer your TPMS from stock wheels to new wheels.

otherwise you have no longer enjoin the Benefit of TPMS.

to check simply go to your Car driver panel and do a search from your system , if it show TPMS in-operative or IN-cooperative  it shows the car is not able to connect the TPMS. 

for Old car it could be your TPMS battery dead or malfunction.

New car owner please take note.

Those Original fitted TPMS could cost you up to $500 per sensor FYI.

Aiyah read this too late.

I don't mind buying his lousy 1 day old second hand rims.

I don't mind it's low class MB factory original rims.

I not so fussy.

:D

post-28406-0-27150000-1532186019_thumb.jpg

this is the rim is coming with my ride.. what do u think?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

[thumbsup]

really? was thinking sia la.. how can MB give this kinda stock rim.. v ugly

in a dilemma if i should change it out on the 1st day...

Edited by Soho

Supersonic

if you think its ugly then just change it out.

changing from stock to after market wheels is No problem if you like other design, But do remember to go for Same or better Quality wheels .

I tend to realize appreciation of rims is very individual. It's solely up to you; your choice, not others'. To ask if a particular set of rims is nice or not is like asking if a particular girl is pretty, or if a particular watch model is nice, etc.

Best is to ask yourself if you like and can live with driving in those rims. If yes, case closed. If not, go change to one that you will like. Otherwise, everyday, I guarantee you are going to keep looking at other people's rims and start to compare all over again and again.

My honest opinion for the rims you posted, I will live with it.

• Praise 3

I tend to realize appreciation of rims is very individual. It's solely up to you; your choice, not others'. To ask if a particular set of rims is nice or not is like asking if a particular girl is pretty, or if a particular watch model is nice, etc.

Best is to ask yourself if you like and can live with driving in those rims. If yes, case closed. If not, go change to one that you will like. Otherwise, everyday, I guarantee you are going to keep looking at other people's rims and start to compare all over again and again.

My honest opinion for the rims you posted, I will live with it.

Another thing... Don't wait too long to decide if you want to change. Time flies and by the time you have decided, maybe it's time you want to change your ride already :XD:

Hi all. Just wanna check If currently my stock is 225/45/r17

If I wanna change rims. Would it be weird to stay at 17 inch and change the rims.

Or just up size to 18inch

I just changed my tyres 6 months ago so abit dont wanna change.

Just not sure issit defeating the purpose. Do many pple just stay the same rim size as oem but just upgrade rims

Many thanks

• Praise 1

Preference for rims is very subjective. Wanna change, just change, dun think too much..life is more than this.

But do note that the "wow" effect will only last for months or even weeks Hahaha..

• Praise 1

Hi all. Just wanna check If currently my stock is 225/45/r17

If I wanna change rims. Would it be weird to stay at 17 inch and change the rims.

Or just up size to 18inch

I just changed my tyres 6 months ago so abit dont wanna change.

Just not sure issit defeating the purpose. Do many pple just stay the same rim size as oem but just upgrade rims

Many thanks

its an individual preference. i changed the rims but remaining same size. =) upsizing the rims would also mean tyres may cost more and perhaps ride comfort could be affected.
  • Praise 1

People change rims mostly for aesthetic purpose and that I agreed.

But it's also ironic that after a decade or two or even more, most coe car I see actually look best in their stock rim. It simply gives the nostalgic feels of the original design.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1