Toyota Axio 1.5L 2007 Engine Valve Cover Gasket & Plug Seal

Vulcann

Hi there ppl,

I am new in this forum and am desperate for help.

I am driving a year 2008 toyota axio and it's starting to give me problems.

Car will STALL while idle, moving off after stopping or at low speed. Recently got really problematic as it needs a few turns on the ignition before it can get going again.

I have changed the parts stated below:

Airflow sensor, Air vacuum sensor, fuel pump and filter system, and have the throttle body cleaned as well.

None of those changes work and to be honest, I have been going from WS and they can't find the root cause of the problem.

Need you guys kind assist in this.

Thanks.

bro, maybe it's just the plugs or battery? or ecu needs to be reset / reprogrammed?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Hi there ppl,

I am new in this forum and am desperate for help.

I am driving a year 2008 toyota axio and it's starting to give me problems.

Car will STALL while idle, moving off after stopping or at low speed. Recently got really problematic as it needs a few turns on the ignition before it can get going again.

I have changed the parts stated below:

Airflow sensor, Air vacuum sensor, fuel pump and filter system, and have the throttle body cleaned as well.

None of those changes work and to be honest, I have been going from WS and they can't find the root cause of the problem.

Need you guys kind assist in this.

Thanks.

My Sylphy had erratic idling while stationary. Cleaned MAF sensor and TB (plugs were recently changed). Problem persisted but no fault codes or CEL surfaced. Poured in STP Injector Cleaner while at Zenxin Organic Farm near Ayer Hitam and drove back to Singapore. Problems seems to have gone away  [laugh]  Clogged injectors, I guess.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1

my 07 axio clocked 410k but i didnt experience any related problem?  [:p]

bro chk w u - for such mileage, any expensive repair / service done to drivetrain such as transmission rebuild / overhaul, engine top overhaul? in case i should renew my coe. present mileage only 150k km..

update: v/v cover gasket n plug seal replacement + ATF replacement labour cost at S$80; pm me if u need similar svc w BYO parts.

bro chk w u - for such mileage, any expensive repair / service done to drivetrain such as transmission rebuild / overhaul, engine top overhaul? in case i should renew my coe. present mileage only 150k km..

update: v/v cover gasket n plug seal replacement + ATF replacement labour cost at S$80; pm me if u need similar svc w BYO parts.

so far the major repair i had done is reparing my gearbox, my gearbox repair was done around 300k mileage, so far the car is running smooth without any major wear and tear even at this meilage, maybe i will do a engine top overhaul when i am renewing my coe, generally this car is problem free  [smash]  ^_^

so far the major repair i had done is reparing my gearbox, my gearbox repair was done around 300k mileage, so far the car is running smooth without any major wear and tear even at this meilage, maybe i will do a engine top overhaul when i am renewing my coe, generally this car is problem free [smash]^_^

Tks for response bro. So I may somehow suggest reliability of cvt gearbox is around 250-300k km.. My ex colleague nissan prairie cvt failed him at 290k km (9th yr).

Tks for response bro. So I may somehow suggest reliability of cvt gearbox is around 250-300k km.. My ex colleague nissan prairie cvt failed him at 290k km (9th yr).

an advice for everyone out there driving an axio, or any cvt transmission gearbox cars, service reguarly between 5k-10k, change gearbox oil after a few servicing, and try not to rev and push the car too hard. hahaha [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Allion owner here, regular service check up, miliage abt 13000. was told the car engine valve cover and gasket need to change, $ 450 before GST.how come aluminum material can be melted?

Not melted, maybe warped due to prolonged usage n heat. Previous mech in shell autoserv told me some cars r lidat, dunno how true. But engine valve cover stockist sell 270 thereabout for my previous Korean suv

Allion owner here, regular service check up, miliage abt 13000. was told the car engine valve cover and gasket need to change, $ 450 before GST.how come aluminum material can be melted?

What EO are you using?

sorry bro for the late reply... for such mileage, i only rebuild my gearbox once, and for my engine wise..i did not do any overhaul, i just service it and do the usuals for every 10k mileage. cheers!  [laugh]

oh by the way , i already renewed my coe for another 5 years, car still going strong even after 400k++ mileage...but loss of power is defintely felt, but i can say axio is pretty reliable, doesnt give me much problem except for the aircon.

• Praise 1

sorry bro for the late reply... for such mileage, i only rebuild my gearbox once, and for my engine wise..i did not do any overhaul, i just service it and do the usuals for every 10k mileage. cheers!  [laugh]

oh by the way , i already renewed my coe for another 5 years, car still going strong even after 400k++ mileage...but loss of power is defintely felt, but i can say axio is pretty reliable, doesnt give me much problem except for the aircon.

Hi can share which which shop you went to for you gearbox?

Is there any symptom before/ when the gearbox fail?

No body change valve cover, only the gasket and valve seals.

Yes, correct, you are right.

Only if the valve cover screw is loose, or the valve cover melted. then need to change

The gasket leak, also can be the valve cover is not in good condition

sorry bro for the late reply... for such mileage, i only rebuild my gearbox once, and for my engine wise..i did not do any overhaul, i just service it and do the usuals for every 10k mileage. cheers! [laugh]

U changed the gearbox n AC.

It seems like the r cherry picking on things u prefer to believe

On 2/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, TRD said:

so far the major repair i had done is reparing my gearbox, my gearbox repair was done around 300k mileage, so far the car is running smooth without any major wear and tear even at this meilage, maybe i will do a engine top overhaul when i am renewing my coe, generally this car is problem free  [smash]  ^_^

repair gearbox how much ah? My car mileage also 300K++...I'm thinking to do some repair also...when I reverse sometimes will jerk? Also thinking to do an engine top overhaul as well...going to renew COE this year-end....Im driving TOYOTA Allion 08

↡ Advertisement