Formula 1 (2016)

Thaiyotakamli

Good that Ros manage to get a title before next year's change. There is no guarantee that Merc can maintain the title as next year is aero based and not engine based. Ham did made the race much more interesting to watch but I was wondering why Ros did not try to challenge Ham. Preserving the engine maybe.

↡ Advertisement

I think Nico should race Hamilton. He should try to overtake Hamilton and not seat behind him. Since Hamilton ignored team orders liao. If wana crash, both hug together and crash.

What kind of racing is this? A racer should always try to overtake the guy in front. Not seat back and win the WC. <_<

Look at Max. Thatz what I call racing!!! [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

hamilton strategy - back up rosberg

rosberg strategy - finish as P2 or P3 make no mistake

both running their strategies

last time got suggestion double points for last race right? lol

Edited by Wt_know

Rosberg will not attack Hammy, any attack in the last 3 laps means vettel and vestapan have great chance to attack him successfully.

Rosberg is gonna be the new Prost => win at the slowest time possible. He won the world championship with that move on Vestapen. risk only when absolutely necesary.

Hammy will cont to try be the new Senna, he tried to be Prost yesterday, but too late to learn.

i am happy Rosberg win. Hammy just dun cut it for me

Rosberg will not attack Hammy, any attack in the last 3 laps means vettel and vestapan have great chance to attack him successfully.

Rosberg is gonna be the new Prost => win at the slowest time possible. He won the world championship with that move on Vestapen. risk only when absolutely necesary.

Hammy will cont to try be the new Senna, he tried to be Prost yesterday, but too late to learn.

i am happy Rosberg win. Hammy just dun cut it for me

Don't you feel F1 Champion should be an aggressive winner rather than a passive one? It's racing after all so who dares should win and be the mantra right?

Football partly also the same but I can accept a passive(kiasu) winner in football to a certain extent though an exciting team certainly makes it a more worthy winner but for sure F1 needs an aggressive driver to be Champion, my 2 cents.

• Praise 5

I've always been more a Lewis supporter based on his talent.

But last night, after I saw the way Nico overtook Mad Max on the track when it really mattered, I decided Nico was a worthy WDC after all. He made his bones, it wasn't a cakewalk by any means.

Lewis's tactics at the end left a slightly sour taste in my mouth, especially after he'd said he wouldn't be doing those things in the pre-race interview. And he accomplished nothing except piss off everyone in his team. Good luck to him next season. He kept accusing his team of sabotaging his car this season, maybe they'll really do it next season. :D

Anyway, well done Nico. Keke is likely very proud. And that's a sweet wife you got there (again Nico seems a more stable family man type than Lewis by far).

At the end of the day, "my" team AMG Petronas won, so all's well. And the guys on Ferrarichat got their little bit of joy, taking digs at Lewis (he's public enemy No. 1 there).

Edited by Turboflat4

hopefully vettel, max and ricciardo got good car and able to challenge hamilton and rosberg in 2017

especially vettel and mad max !!! both are extremely aggresive drivers

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

GP ABU DHABI - Jackie Stewart Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): "It takes a bit of dignity"

FORMULA 1 - Like many other observers, Jackie Stewart, three-time world champion, did not really appreciate the behavior of Lewis Hamilton, who deliberately disobeyed instructions Mercedes.

Certainly, Lewis Hamilton's attitude (Mercedes) has displeased many. Jackie Stewart as the Briton should obey his team and increase his race pace in the closing laps of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.Mercedes had repeatedly radioed to his driver to raise the rate, fearing a victory over the wire Sebastian Vettel ( Ferrari ), who took up to two seconds a lap to the German team's drivers at a time of race. 

I think at my age, nobody would have done this or said that ," responded Stewart, assayed three times during his F1 career, the micro channel Sky Sports . " We followed the team orders otherwise. Lewis is fortunate that Mercedes is at this point dominatrix. He should be grateful. It takes a little dignity you know, both in victory and defeat. We must forget the past. Today, he won the Grand Prix is his tenth victory of the year, so he should be happy, especially that he has already won the title three times! I'm sure Lewis will again have the opportunity to fight for the title in the future, " he says. Without a doubt.

http://www.eurosport.fr/formule-1/grand-prix-d-abou-dabi/2016/gp-d-abou-dabi-jackie-stewart-a-lewis-hamilton-mercedes-il-faut-un-peu-de-dignite_sto5964074/story.shtml

Its Google-translated from an interview with Sir Jackie in the pits post race. 

Edited by Blueray

I've always been more a Lewis supporter based on his talent.

But last night, after I saw the way Nico overtook Mad Max on the track when it really mattered, I decided Nico was a worthy WDC after all. He made his bones, it wasn't a cakewalk by any means.

Lewis's tactics at the end left a slightly sour taste in my mouth, especially after he'd said he wouldn't be doing those things in the pre-race interview. And he accomplished nothing except piss off everyone in his team. Good luck to him next season. He kept accusing his team of sabotaging his car this season, maybe they'll really do it next season. :D

Anyway, well done Nico. Keke is likely very proud. And that's a sweet wife you got there (again Nico seems a more stable family man type than Lewis by far).

At the end of the day, "my" team AMG Petronas won, so all's well. And the guys on Ferrarichat got their little bit of joy, taking digs at Lewis (he's public enemy No. 1 there).

Toto Wolff undecided on Hamy's backing up tactics....

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10674958/lewis-hamiltons-backing-up-tactics-leave-toto-wolff-undecided

Honestly, I would have done the same if I was in Hamy's shoes cos I'm fighting for the title so any tactics is deemed Ok to me except if drivers safety is at risk which is not the case for this backing up situation. Not forgetting, Hamy also at risk cos by backing up, he himself risked being overtaken by Vettel and Max so not as if it's one way, my 2 cents.....

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

Mercedes F1 team naive about Lewis Hamilton's tactics - Horner

But when asked by Autosport what he would have done with his drivers in that situation, Horner claimed he would not have interfered.

"With where they were at, it was just down to those guys, so it was only ever going to be that kind of battle between the two of them," said Horner.

"Congratulations to Nico, he's driven a great season, he's a very worthy world champion but it was naive to think that there would be any different approach with what's at stake."

Horner added that Hamilton's tactics were legitimate and that there's no reason to criticise the outgoing world champion.

"He played completely within the rules, winning the race wasn't going to be enough for him today," said Horner.

"He needed cars between him [and Rosberg] and if he'd charged off into the distance that wouldn't have created that possibility.

"He won the race as slowly as he could, it's only like in a football game where a team might protect from the opposition by kicking the ball around and not enabling them to get hold of the ball.

"There's only two drivers competing for the world championship, it was totally obvious that we was going to do that.

"He didn't do anything dirty, he didn't do anything against the rules and it would be unfair to criticise Lewis for the way that he drove."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127299

Agree. I am not a Hamilton fan but logically speaking, what Hammie did was not wrong. He has to fight his own title too. If Ros did not manage to overcome what others throw at him then he is not worthy. In the even if Seb or Max manage to overtake Ros then its his job to defend the win.

Recall Toto said last night that Mercedes directive was to win races. Period.

And Vettel's pace was really fast (we see the Vettel of days past  [thumbsup] ) and they could see Vettel potentially overtaking both Mercs and taking the win.

Hence the call to Lewis to go faster.

Nothing to do with who wins the championship. Race win was the objective.

There's also money at stake for constructors points, so if Merc had ended up 2 - 3, means less money from the distribution pool also.

Wolff: Hamilton ignored our fears that Mercedes could lose win

Mercedes F1 executive director Toto Wolff says it was the fear that Ferrari could steal victory in Abu Dhabi that caused his team to intervene with team orders – and that he's conflicted over Lewis Hamilton ignoring them.

Hamilton’s race engineer and technical chief Paddy Lowe both radioed Hamilton in the race, instructing him to raise his pace – but Hamilton defied this by attempting to back up teammate Nico Rosberg in an attempt to claim the world title for himself.

“I was in a bit of a schizophrenic situation,” Wolff told Sky Sports. “There’s the control freak, team leader, that has a rulebook and everyone has to obey it – and that’s how we got to where we are.

“Then there’s the racer in me and I was questioning what I would have done. [Hamilton] had two situations – one, disappear into the distance and show he’s the best racing driver and it could have been his season. Or he could back [Nico] up, and that’s what he decided to do. I’m a little bit in two minds.

“This is what I mean as a racing driver. It would have come to my mind [to back him up] and it came to others’ mind. Christian [Horner, Red Bull boss] had the same idea before the weekend, he followed Christian’s instruction so maybe he wants to drive for him! You see, I’m going from one side to the other side [in my mind].

“Nico kept it very cool under pressure, maybe he would have launched an overtake also, another game. I know it’s difficult to have a solution for every single issue.”

When asked why Mercedes felt compelled to interfere with Hamilton’s tactics, Wolff replied: “We could let them off the leash completely and have less rules, but the consequence would be we would win less races and we would be losing championships, because there are some other clever blokes on the pitwall.

“And there’s one philosophy we’ve followed all through the years, which is: we will not interfere, as long as we can guarantee the race win. And there was a situation here where we calculated we would lose the race, because [Lewis] was getting slower and slower.

“This was where we decided to intervene, he decided to ignore it. There’s just one thing: does this set a precedent for the future?

“This is what we have to assess, but fundamentally we have to cheer up. Nineteen wins and a new world champion, great spirit within the team.”

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-hamilton-ignored-our-fears-that-mercedes-could-lose-win-854598/

Recall Toto said last night that Mercedes directive was to win races. Period.

And Vettel's pace was really fast (we see the Vettel of days past  [thumbsup] ) and they could see Vettel potentially overtaking both Mercs and taking the win.

Hence the call to Lewis to go faster.

Nothing to do with who wins the championship. Race win was the objective.

There's also money at stake for constructors points, so if Merc had ended up 2 - 3, means less money from the distribution pool also.

I can understand where Toto is coming from but I can also understand where Hamy is coming from as well.

Whilst Vettel was fast for sure and closing in, I don't think Hamy is silly enough to let Vettel close him down till he can overtake him cos don't forget if Hamy doesn't win the race, he doesn't win the title as well so he also has it to lose by slowing down so it's not as if he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3