Toyota C-HR

Carbon82

toyota is famous for 10 20 years design no change one. if you want to buy a toyota than you have to learn to accept this fact lor. thats why they call toyota "uncle" car ma.

anyway the so called  facelift is still same and ugly as the pre facelift.

↡ Advertisement

Personally I like it

its a nice sporty looking mini hatch on stilts 

not the practical spacious type like the HRV or QQ but the chassis is well set up and begs for more power than the puny 1.2t we are offered here. 

Had a blast driving it and the seats are very comfy even when you drive for very long hours. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, therock said:

Personally I like it

its a nice sporty looking mini hatch on stilts 

not the practical spacious type like the HRV or QQ but the chassis is well set up and begs for more power than the puny 1.2t we are offered here. 

Had a blast driving it and the seats are very comfy even when you drive for very long hours. 

The new 2L hybrid powerplant with 178bhp has been added as another engine choice in Europe, wonder if it will make it here. 

It's a good handling car. Can throw it around corners and drift...LoL...

But seriously I doubt it competitors can handle just as well. No need to be powerful or fast. The handling makes it fun to drive.

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The new 2L hybrid powerplant with 178bhp has been added as another engine choice in Europe, wonder if it will make it here. 

That  new 2L hybrid also power the new sub compact Lexus UX-250h...which ironically share the same TNGA platform as current C-HR.

The new power plant should do justice to the proven impressive and balance C-HR chassis setup. Goes to show how rapidly a new gen of Toyota line is coming along...

UX_C-HR.jpg

Edited by Wishcumsback
  • Praise 1

19 hours ago, StreamRSZ said:

CHR is really a fugly car. nothing looks fascinating from design in and out. looks of the exterior looks very odd. this is my personal point of view. Even lelong i wont buy this car for sure.

I rented this car a few times when visited Japan,  the hybrid version is a fantastic car to drive.

Sat in one when I booked a grab to the airport, the insulation is amazing. Couldnt even hear the engine roar or any vibrations but the rear passenger space/design makes you feel really claustrophobic. 

Probably a good driver's car but not so for passengers. 

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Sat in one when I booked a grab to the airport, the insulation is amazing. Couldnt even hear the engine roar or any vibrations but the rear passenger space/design makes you feel really claustrophobic. 

Probably a good driver's car but not so for passengers. 

There is less space in a C-HR than the HRV, but definitely the ride is alot more polished. Can't tahan the hard, jolty and bouncy suspension from the rear seats of the Honda.

13 minutes ago, livingproof54 said:

Hi guys I am seroulsy contemplating buying a chr. But the boot space is such a let down. I need to put my foldable bicycle. Are there any ways to increase boot space? TiA. 

Buy a Vezel?

But seriously bro, this is a compact hatchback on stilts, so space is limited. You can fold down the seats, that's it. How else can you expect to generate space out of thin air bro?

14 minutes ago, therock said:

Buy a Vezel?

But seriously bro, this is a compact hatchback on stilts, so space is limited. You can fold down the seats, that's it. How else can you expect to generate space out of thin air bro?

Nah.. Vezel..its my own opinion - can't shake off the uber stigma. I like the aesthetic of chr exterior. Also good reviews for sound insulation and FC. 

But I saw the boot I was utterly disappointed. Urghh.. I m heartbroken as Ive had eyes on chr for a year! 

14 hours ago, therock said:

Well I had two large bags in my boot during my trip ..

I went for viewing and my bike cldn fit into the boot. Its too shallow. I wonder if it remove the Styrofoam platform underneath, wil it create some space?

15 hours ago, livingproof54 said:

Nah.. Vezel..its my own opinion - can't shake off the uber stigma. I like the aesthetic of chr exterior. Also good reviews for sound insulation and FC. 

But I saw the boot I was utterly disappointed. Urghh.. I m heartbroken as Ive had eyes on chr for a year! 

So CHR no uber stigma? A stock CHR looks fine, but many modded ones really dunno what they are thinking.

For daily usability, Vezel would be a better choice. And if you definitely had to carry your foldable bike all the time, you may want to consider other cars.

↡ Advertisement