Free Parking Near Changi Airport

Obscurest

I dont think there are any places with free parking within walking distance from Changi Airport.

Understand a few Captains, Airline pilots or cabin crew who instead ride their bikes to work.  Its only $1.30 per day.

If you need to park your car somewhere with free parking, the 2 places seems fine if you dont mind 10-20 min walking (from MRT)

1) Pasir Ris park (not sure if still free or have gantry)

2) Private estate area near Expo (have to cross upper changi road to Sunbird, Jalan Angin laut area)

For landed estate, remember not to park too near someone house/gate (causing inconvenience to the residence)  and follow direction of road (can be fine if park opposite way). Also, if the "lot" is the usual favourite lot for the residence, there is a risk that the residence may not be happy and hence complain to LTA (but not sure whether any action will be taken if all parking rules complied).

If money no issue, safest and most convenient is to just park at Changi Airport itself and pay the $50-60 per day. 

Suggest Terminal 3B basement 2 area (this parking area is nearest the train/shuttle to T1T2).

ok this is by far the most constructive reply to TS queries.. hahaha. 

↡ Advertisement

WOW... folks.. hold ur guns..

Is my fault for not making it clear enough.

Yes im travelling from the west area...

Im not asking to park near changi airport but somewhere nearby so that i can minimize the taxi fares.

Why i need to cause when we return, it will be past midnight and if i have my own car, i can send all of them back.

That's my intention......

Cool ok...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Maybe TS got folding bike. Park at Paris Ris park, and cycle to changi airport. Just lock the bicycle to one of more hidden lamp post.

Supersonic

If you looking to park somewhere nearby airport but not say must be free. Either park at expo or simei hdb. These two places consider the nearest to airport, either by taxi or train.

Supercharged

Changi Airport main carparks no longer cap at 20 or 30 bucks per day liao hor ...

These days , due to the closure of T1 carpark , they charge by the minute liao . Paid almost 180 bucks when I park there for 3 days lor ...

Unless you park at the South Carpark , it's capped at 35 bucks per day , but this carpark needs to walk like 5 minutes to T2 .

• Praise 5

Twincharged

singapore airport don't have

not like overseas airports 

can park free until collect dust also nobody tow away (aka abandoned)  [laugh]

article-2133890-12BA20BD000005DC-272_634

Im not asking to park near changi airport but somewhere nearby so that i can minimize the taxi fares.

Why i need to cause when we return, it will be past midnight and if i have my own car, i can send all of them back.

Cool ok...

Juz take taxi la.

got lah, the private estates there still got foc parking.. just need to make sure u follow the traffic rules, i.e no parking near junction, no yellow lines etc..

then park liao need to cab/mrt/bus to airport lo.. overall cheaper than airport parking..airport parking is not cheap.. per day think over $20 liao..

i still remember last time when airport still uses the coin token parking system, u can park for days and come back declare u lose the coin token and pay a flat fee think $20.. hahaha.. 

Now $50 (call tow truck)

Supersonic

singapore airport don't have

not like overseas airports 

can park free until collect dust also nobody tow away (aka abandoned)  [laugh]

Maybe in overseas car owners not so precious of their car. They can leave the car at public carpark until collect dust also no worry. Unlike car owners in sg, most of them will worry to death if they leave their car at public carpark even for 1 night.

Maybe in overseas car owners not so precious of their car. They can leave the car at public carpark until collect dust also no worry. Unlike car owners in sg, most of them will worry to death if they leave their car at public carpark even for 1 night.

those are abandoned cars cos in those countries you owe $$$ or bankrupt they chop off your kkj, so all the AMDK no $$$ faster drive to airport and zao. 

Changi Airport main carparks no longer cap at 20 or 30 bucks per day liao hor ...

These days , due to the closure of T1 carpark , they charge by the minute liao . Paid almost 180 bucks when I park there for 3 days lor ...

Unless you park at the South Carpark , it's capped at 35 bucks per day , but this carpark needs to walk like 5 minutes to T2 .

Remind me few months ago

I park in south carpark for 4 days trip and fly off from T2. Come back plane gate at T3. Kns need to walk from T3 to T1 then T2 then south carpark. About 15 mins fast walk. Siong!!!

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows is there any place that is near to Changi Airport? Reason being i am travelling for only a few days and is really much more convenient for me to drive rather than to take cab.

I am thinking Pasir Ris Park or those private housing estate at Tampines or Changi area.

Not that i am trying to save money but i really need the vehicle when i returned.

Thanks.

Don't have

If u travelling alot fam, take maxi cab flat rate $60.

Unless u go overseas for 2-3 days then can park at south

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Changi Business Park, near Changi City Point has some roadside parking. Just tear coupon for 7am to 5pm daily. Costs you $10 a day. Cheapest.

Cool ok...

Seriously TS, isn't it so much easier to get a cab and send your fellow travellers home?

Even if they are at different locations, the overall hassle of parking somewhere nearby the airport & not to mention the safety aspect for your car is definitely not a good idea. Like someone has mentioned it's a case of penny wise, pound foolish.

As a last resort, why not get someone(a close friend perhaps) to drive there to receive you guys and you can send this person home too?

• Praise 3

Overseas airports have long term parking especially for these kind of cases. Too bad here don't have.

I think the best solution here would be to hire maxi cab there and back. Overall cost probably cheaper than parking at airport.

Alternative is as mentioned, get a friend to drop off/pick up.

Twincharged

Cool ok...

Cheaper and faster to just take cab/uber. More convenient for everyone as well. Anyway, since you say it is not about saving money, then why don't just park at the airport?