CLA Shooting Brake

Mazdarati

Sorry but I'm old-fashioned. A shooting brake should only have 2 doors and the rear hatch. smlj you make a station wagon then try to give it a fancy name.

• Praise 1

How so? Can share the details?

compared with the latest iDrive? (on a similar spec entry level 3 serie)

Merc's COMAND is slower and much less intuitive. The control system is also confusing with quick buttons situated all over and you really need to take your eyes off the road to look them before pressing + and the touchpad area keeps getting in the way when trying to use the rotary knob, rest your hand on the pad and something gets pressed.... Coupled to that a it's slow response, makes for a really sucky experience if you accidentally hit something.   The C-Class i sat in also dun have Nav.... wtf

The 3's iDrive is much more intuitive with easily accessible quick buttons that with a short amount of practice, you can easily find without having to take your eyes off the road. 

If you go even further into the latest iDrive on the 7, that's a Dream, super intuitive, super fast response, and touchscreen capable. Very well thought over. 

post-26533-0-29196600-1458120112_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Merc's COMAND is slower and much less intuitive. The control system is also confusing with quick buttons situated all over and you really need to take your eyes off the road to look them before pressing + and the touchpad area keeps getting in the way when trying to use the rotary knob, rest your hand on the pad and something gets pressed.... Coupled to that a it's slow response, makes for a really sucky experience if you accidentally hit something. The C-Class i sat in also dun have Nav.... wtf

The 3's iDrive is much more intuitive with easily accessible quick buttons that with a short amount of practice, you can easily find without having to take your eyes off the road.

If you go even further into the latest iDrive on the 7, that's a Dream, super intuitive, super fast response, and touchscreen capable. Very well thought over.

Woohoo thanks for the detailed write up, will plus +5 later,

Not being able to rest the hand there is damn dumb lah, I guess only option is to turn off the touchpad (If possible). When I first saw that overhang on the knob I thought it looked cool but I can see how practical use is hindered.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Merc's COMAND is slower and much less intuitive. The control system is also confusing with quick buttons situated all over and you really need to take your eyes off the road to look them before pressing + and the touchpad area keeps getting in the way when trying to use the rotary knob, rest your hand on the pad and something gets pressed.... Coupled to that a it's slow response, makes for a really sucky experience if you accidentally hit something.   The C-Class i sat in also dun have Nav.... wtf

Unless you sat in a fully equipped car I think it is only running the so called Audio 20 system. COMAND is a different operating system altogether. It should be more responsive than the Audio 20 system

But I agree fully with you about their control scheme being rather nonsensical. At least on Audi, the touchpad is integrated onto the top surface of the knob, doesn't obscure the knob like with the Mercedes design.

On 3/16/2016 at 3:32 PM, Myxilplix said:

Sorry but I'm old-fashioned. A shooting brake should only have 2 doors and the rear hatch. smlj you make a station wagon then try to give it a fancy name.

YUP

old skool.

den,shouldn’t OPEN yr mouth!

merks have reinvented the coupe with the 4 door ,like wise the estate ,a cooler word for wagen & reinvented the word SHOOTING BRAKE.2 & 4,does it realli matter?