Is fiat still alive in SG?

Lchong

Does anyone know the cost to replace the clutch on a Panorama Doblo 1.4? 

is it auto or manual or the selespeed type???

Is it diesel or petrol?? 

How much mileage has it done??

How old is your vehicle??

Depends whether you want to replace or overhaul it ??

Edited by BanCoe
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

5 speed manual (normal clutch) 1.4 petrol Fiat Doblo Panorama....

Y.O.M 2007

what difference does mileage make to clutch replacement? 

overhaul how much, replacement how much? 

is it auto or manual or the selespeed type???

Is it diesel or petrol?? 

How much mileage has it done??

How old is your vehicle??

Depends whether you want to replace or overhaul it ??

Turbocharged

Y.O.M 2007

why not juz give the usual suspects a call. Sportivo or city.

Y.O.M 2007

i don't really know yet, mine just went in but its a diesel auto Fiorino (but its 1.3L- i think so)

Today only sent in to Agent (Motorviva) its 5 years old already & cannot gear shift upwards no more & only after 3500 rpm it shifts so its kind of crazy to strain so much (usually around 2200rpm) it shifts;

This european vehicles damn frustrating one; one thing after another after 5 years  

So far they quoted about $1500; yet to receive final bill as its still in workshop;  They actually told me that they will have to "overhaul" the clutch thing      

Turbocharged

why not juz give the usual suspects a call. Sportivo or city.

Because the clutch is still working, I am just looking, I haven't bought the vehicle yet and I can't be arsed getting a proper quote by looking up the workshop number and going the dance of what I want with my atrocious accent. 

Just sitting in the office wasting time I was hoping maybe there might be someone reading who could advise or guess or has done something similar. 

Chances are, my best guess I wouldn't need to replace - but if I had info on the cost, it would help in making a good decision - if it's a relatively minor repair ($300-$500 sorta thing, which I expect of a manual reconditioned clutch) or a total arse of a job at circa $1,500 then I can adjust my thinking accordingly. 

Yours is an automated manual (AKA Selespeed type system?) 

Or a proper torque converter auto...

Sounds crazy expensive. 

i don't really know yet, mine just went in but its a diesel auto Fiorino (but its 1.3L- i think so)

Today only sent in to Agent (Motorviva) its 5 years old already & cannot gear shift upwards no more & only after 3500 rpm it shifts so its kind of crazy to strain so much (usually around 2200rpm) it shifts;

This european vehicles damn frustrating one; one thing after another after 5 years  

So far they quoted about $1500; yet to receive final bill as its still in workshop;  They actually told me that they will have to "overhaul" the clutch thing      

Because the clutch is still working, I am just looking, I haven't bought the vehicle yet and I can't be arsed getting a proper quote by looking up the workshop number and going the dance of what I want with my atrocious accent. 

Just sitting in the office wasting time I was hoping maybe there might be someone reading who could advise or guess or has done something similar. 

Chances are, my best guess I wouldn't need to replace - but if I had info on the cost, it would help in making a good decision - if it's a relatively minor repair ($300-$500 sorta thing, which I expect of a manual reconditioned clutch) or a total arse of a job at circa $1,500 then I can adjust my thinking accordingly. 

Yours is an automated manual (AKA Selespeed type system?) 

Or a proper torque converter auto...

Sounds crazy expensive. 

Its a Selespeed type - yeap an automated manual and diesel one ; I am sure if done at outside workshops the price would be no more than 1k, i guess.

Also gotta be sure that the regular workshops can do it??; apparently sometimes some parts always last minute have to change here and there and again they have to go agent n get it and then they will say come back next day .....n all that stuff

Depends on how you want to break it down -

"mainstream brands" I would think would include

Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Volkswagen and Mazda, probably also the mainline offerings of Mercedes, BMW, Volvo...

Definitely can subcategorise these brands...

Niche brands -

Certainly Skoda (volume), Alfa (personality), SAAB (parent issues), Renault (maybe), Mitsubishi (volume), Ford (Volume), the chinese brands (quality issues)...

Not to mention all the supercars (a different sort of niche classification)

Quite where you put Fiat (main stream or niche) could be argued either way....

You wouldn't base on popularity though -

If you did that, Toyota would come out as a "premium category"

You'd base the "tier" on a combination of features, price, accessibility, quality, after sales....

You wouldn't base on popularity though -

If you did that, Toyota would come out as a "premium category"

You'd base the "tier" on a combination of features, price, accessibility, quality, after sales....

Exactly, but the posts my reply is addressing keeps harping on popularity...

the last Fiat I drove was a Fiat 131 ... [:)]

Oh the FIAT 131 Miriafiori? *thumbsup*

I drove an old FIAT 124 Special, when the 131 was launched.

Your post lost all credibility with "first tier brands like VW..."

Wahahahahahaha

VW first tier meh? :D

The Merc, BMW and Audi are Tier Zero? :D

That means is Alfa lah... [:p]

My Dad had a Fiat way back when (in the 90s). It was terrible. [laugh]

Hmm ... I had the pre-FIAT-owned Alfa Romeo flat-4

Boxer with twin-carb Webers.

Manual-everything and w/o power-assisted steering

But only for 2 years and sold it due to gross unreliability! :D

Oh the FIAT 131 Miriafiori? *thumbsup*

I drove an old FIAT 124 Special, when the 131 was launched.

yup ... 131 Supermirafiori.

steering see bay heavy, I once went into a dead end road and had to do 5-point to get out ...  :blink:

it was my Dad's car. and I think prior to the 131 was a 124 Special. Green one.

my Dad was a fan of Fiat.  [:)]

yup ... 131 Supermirafiori.

steering see bay heavy, I once went into a dead end road and had to do 5-point to get out ... :blink:

it was my Dad's car. and I think prior to the 131 was a 124 Special. Green one.

my Dad was a fan of Fiat. [:)]

Eh, I bought a 9-yr old green 124 Special at about same time as when the 131 was launched.

A long shot: Was your father's house in East Coast area?

Eh, I bought a 9-yr old green 124 Special at about same time as when the 131 was launched.

A long shot: Was your father's house in East Coast area?

haha ... no lah ... we were staying at Thomson then.

my father bought his Fiats second hand and his regular mechanic was at Mackenzie Road, used to follow him down. Car overheats easily.

Fiat joins rank of failed brands

Fiat agent TTS Eurocars has thrown in the towel to join a growing list of brands which have failed to take root in Singapore.

After 11 years of holding the franchise, TTS Eurocars chief executive Jeslin Teo told The Straits Times that "it's difficult... there's no suitable model".

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/fiat-joins-rank-of-failed-brands

(edited)

Fiat really didn't help them did they? Poor reliability, low parts availability, expensive parts, poor quality control, poor quality... these are things outside the authorized dealer's control. For Fiat, I think these were significant contributory factors other than a lousy dealer.

I wonder who would now want to market such a marque with such poor reputation.

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Fiat really didn't help them did they? Poor reliability, low parts availability, expensive parts, poor quality control, poor quality... these are things outside the authorized dealer's control. For Fiat, I think these were significant contributory factors other than a lousy dealer.

I wonder who would now want to market such a marque with such poor reputation.

Fiat didn't produce many models as compare to all it's counterpart , whether it's European or Japanese marque which may or may not contribute to the down fall of its AD in Spore .

If one don't have anything new to sell to the consumers ,  you are as good as dead . 

↡ Advertisement