Bukit Batok bi-election!

Duckduck

Turbocharged

I see it as political strategy at work. He is planning long term.

He knows BB is almost impossible to win given the overwhelming ground support for the incumbent there.

He is keeping his "general" for the next GE. The prof as good as he is as a candidate, do not have the political experience and exposure to weather too many defeats. CSJ do not want prof to be seen as a political newbie who keeps failing.

This one he takes it himself to give his party and his political platform a chance to air. Plus likely the percentage win for the opposition there will be improved from the last GE. All these will add points and credibility to SDP in the next GE.

Good point. % increase hero.. % decrease zero
↡ Advertisement

Goode morning count, hearsay is u vote for the party the candidate come from not the candidate himself :D

so no headache liao..keke

Oh I see. During the 80s I like disco parties.

• Praise 1

the nuts in kacang putih and Tong Garden comes from same tree.

:grin:

You may be right, but the roots are not, definitely and the soil, weather & climate plays a part too.

It's like drinking wine from wine glass and plastic cup is a world of different. ( pouring from the same bottle of Lafite ) :a-noway:

• Praise 1

Now, both candidates announced....

Hopefully the election date is announced soon ...

Maybe on Saturday, so won't have much disruption to the residents ...

Hmmm... wondering which date?

• Praise 1

Simi MP?

He is minister of state!

That was his posting under the PMO office..... :ninja:

He is an MP of AMK-YCK GRC ...... :ignoring:  

If not erected as MP cannot be Minister of State ... :a-aggressive:

:XD:       :XD:

• Praise 1

That was his posting under the PMO office..... :ninja:

He is an MP of AMK-YCK GRC ...... :ignoring:  

If not erected as MP cannot be Minister of State ... :a-aggressive:

:XD:       :XD:

I know la.

But that's like saying that LHL is an MP (which he is). Usually should go for the highest title.

You may be right, but the roots are not, definitely and the soil, weather & climate plays a part too.

It's like drinking wine from wine glass and plastic cup is a world of different. ( pouring from the same bottle of Lafite ) :a-noway:

I am someone who do not know how to appreciate wine. peasant here. A $25 bottle of wine vs $120 bottle I cannot tell the difference....don't even need to bring in plastic vs glass cup.

There lies in the same point.....most Singaporeans don't really appreciate the substance. To "bao kiak" just go for the brand name packaging ie. white pants and shirts.

• Praise 1

I am someone who do not know how to appreciate wine. peasant here. A $25 bottle of wine vs $120 bottle I cannot tell the difference....don't even need to bring in plastic vs glass cup.

There lies in the same point.....most Singaporeans don't really appreciate the substance. To "bao kiak" just go for the brand name packaging ie. white pants and shirts.

Some studies have proven that even the so called experts can't tell the difference.... If you tell them the 120$ bottle cost 25 bucks, they will say very lousy.

If you tell them the 25 bucks one cost 120 dollars, suddenly become very good. 

• Praise 1

Some studies have proven that even the so called experts can't tell the difference.... If you tell them the 120$ bottle cost 25 bucks, they will say very lousy.

If you tell them the 25 bucks one cost 120 dollars, suddenly become very good. 

yup..

Oscar Wilde had Lord Darlington quip that a cynic was 'a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

pretty much like most economists and politicians.

• Praise 2

Now Fellali is Son of Bukit Batok

don't pray pray okaayyyy...

Even in the least likelihood that he don't make it into parliament this round, I guarantee plus chop that he will turn up again in some GRC during the next GE.

Fellali is Son of  BB ? 

Son of @babyblade ?  hmmmm 

• Praise 2

I nv like the PnP and has nv vote for them.... but i fear that SDP will lose this one again.. why?

given my last 3 elections experience.. there are many balless and brainless morons in Singapore whom only know to KPKB. when time to walk the talk.. they gave all sort of excuses why they should vote for PnP (well hypocrisy at its very best)

anyhow.. at least this by-election can provide us another round of Dr. Chee powerful and intellectual speech...something that lack since Mr Chiam and Mr Low sort of tone down over the years....

lastly, ought to give Dr Chee some credit when his party was defeated badly few months ago, he still solider on and give everyone (including himself) a chance to have an alternative view while others may have disappear and telling us off "Stop complaining because this is what most of us has chosen"

no need too many reasons... juz the fact that 73% victory is near impossible to overturn. when LLL won son of punggol, she did not even achieve this given all the favorable winds blowing in her direction then.

73% means in this 26k ward, we need 6k to change their vote juz to force a tie. you ke nen ma?

btw, i am anti-establishment and has always liked CSJ since my poly days. but I am also realistic. cutting the margin to 60-40 would already be a huge huge achievement. 

Even if u don't know. U taste also can tell lah. Talking about wine nia. Politics you all continue.

Even if u don't know. U taste also can tell lah. Talking about wine nia. Politics you all continue.

I don't know and really don't know how to appreciate.

I did go for wine pairing session that has a sommelier taking us through the appreciation part......End up I still feel that I rather spend the money on a nice fat steak at morton's.

Peasant nose & tongue.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

I did go for wine pairing session that has a sommelier taking us through the appreciation part......End up I still feel that I rather spend the money on a nice fat steak at morton's.

Peasant nose & tongue.

Nothing to do with know or don't know.

Just need to find some on give u two cup of the same wine.

One out Inside plastic cup. The other use proper wine glass cup.

Drink from there one after another and u can tell the different.

Peasant nose & tongue.

Peasant nose & tongue.

Some says eating durian at ground zero and eating durian at the roof top are completely different in taste , how true or not, anyone can tell?

here we have p&P sitting in Ivory Tower and most parties would be hitting the ground harder, who has the most sought after handshake and pounding the ground ?

The answer is obvious . . . :a-m1212:

↡ Advertisement