Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

I just did a search and i found that Pioneer just released some head unit models for 2017 and it seems that AVH-Z5050BT is their highest model for 2din units. Do you think that the Z5050BT is the successor of X8850BT?

Does anyone also know if they area already available in the market? Where can i buy one? thanks

From what I know, Its not out here yet, but will be here soon.
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I just had 8850 installed in my vehicle, and also a roof monitor connected to the head unit.

Here comes the problem, I wanna mirror my ipad to the rear monitor through HDMI, but apparently this HU does not support HDMI input to AV output.

I was adviced that I need to get a HDMI to RCA converter to input the HDMI to AV input through the converter. BUT I was warned that the output videos will show wave lines on the imaged when using the converter.

Does anyone have any better solution on how on how to mirrorlink my ipad to the rear monitor via the HU.

Pls share with me. Thank you!

Can you use Waze on AppRadioLive while having Carplay on to receive and reply messages etc at the same time?

Neutral Newbie

No bro use this head unit to install 3 way active ? My HU gg liso need to get a new one please advice bros

Was using my 8 ch amp with high and lo pass to do 3 way using standard rca out. Depending on your amp you might need processor.

Neutral Newbie

is there any difference between pioneer and alpine, especially on the sound output.

by the way if i have component speaker and amp, does it mean it mean no difference on the headunit.

thanks.

Hi members,  does anyone encounters any issue on the Bluetooth auto connect function from the Pioneer unit?  I was able to pair and register my iPhone 6s plus successfully and the head unit will auto connect to my phone without any issue (if my phone's bluetooth is on).    

However,  If my phone bluetooth is not on,  the head unit will display a auto connect fail after few minutes of searching.    When I turn on the bluetooth on my mobile phone (after the failure message),  by right the head unit should auto connect but it doesn't.    I did check the setting.   The bluetooth is set as "Yes" on the auto connect.   So Im a bit puzzle what's strong with the unit.  

Anyone has the same problem?  

If Im not wrong, after successive tries and fail to connect, it will stop trying.

Then you need to go to your BT menu and click on your phone to connect manually. 

Phone, can't control anything on the 8850 LCD.

And that sucks... 

Neutral Newbie

If Im not wrong, after successive tries and fail to connect, it will stop trying.

Then you need to go to your BT menu and click on your phone to connect manually. 

Thanks!  Yeah,  this was exactly what I had experienced.  It's really frustrating.  

I just install AVH5050BT last week,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Every thing seems fine

Waze, google map, blue tooth connection and usb movies all ok

Only youtube cannot.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I just install AVH5050BT last week,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Every thing seems fine

Waze, google map, blue tooth connection and usb movies all ok

Only youtube cannot.

this is AVH-Z5050BT right?

is it must physically plug cable from phone to HU to show Waze, or can via Bluetooth?

Edited by Eyke

this is AVH-Z5050BT right?

is it must physically plug cable from phone to HU to show Waze, or can via Bluetooth?

Yup, that's the model.

I connect my Iphone 6+ (turn on carplay) via cable and use Appradio Live. Just tap on Waze.

Edited by jcchia

I installed AVH-X8850BT & AppRadio doesn't work. Called Pioneer & apparently need to connect using the HDMI & Apple Digital AV Adapter.. need to fork out more money to get installer to run the HDMI cable cos apparently it is not included in the package & need to buy the Apple Digital AV adapter. Really crap.

I installed AVH-X8850BT & AppRadio doesn't work. Called Pioneer & apparently need to connect using the HDMI & Apple Digital AV Adapter.. need to fork out more money to get installer to run the HDMI cable cos apparently it is not included in the package & need to buy the Apple Digital AV adapter. Really crap.

Maybe U can check in this forum further before committing to purchase those adapter and its not cheap too.

This set are supposed to support carplay n android auto. What hp u using?

Maybe U can check in this forum further before committing to purchase those adapter and its not cheap too.

This set are supposed to support carplay n android auto. What hp u using?

Paid $850 for the headunit & $150 for the panel, so total $1K.

Then AppRadio was not working & installer don't know why.

Called Pioneer and they advised the above.

Checked with installer & he said need to pay $45 to fix the HDMI cables. For the AV Digital cable, I checked it's about $60+. So that means, need to fork out about $100 more apart from the $1K I already spent.

I'm using iPhone 7 & Huawei P10 Plus. When connect the cable via USB, AppRadio does not launch for both. Argh.

Paid $850 for the headunit & $150 for the panel, so total $1K.

Then AppRadio was not working & installer don't know why.

Called Pioneer and they advised the above.

Checked with installer & he said need to pay $45 to fix the HDMI cables. For the AV Digital cable, I checked it's about $60+. So that means, need to fork out about $100 more apart from the $1K I already spent.

I'm using iPhone 7 & Huawei P10 Plus. When connect the cable via USB, AppRadio does not launch for both. Argh.

what panel is the $150 for?

as for HDMI cables, can get cheap cables but installation is the issue. Its quite easy (2 mins job) but need to know how... since u already spend 1 k at the shop, maybe just turn up with ur own cable and try asking the shop to help to fix.

↡ Advertisement