Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Hi guys, just got this unit second hand. 

May i check if any of you have this issue of the volume automatically adjusting louder/softer as vehicle speed differs?

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Me using Z5050 for almost 2yrs and is working perfectly fine.

Using iPhone plug into the USB cable extended from the set.

Use google maps, Siri voice command and sound superb.

Cannot watch youtube but play songs via ipod.

Just dekit and use on another car.

Considering the 9150 set for my new car but no hurry.

On 9150, this can be set under ASL.

Hi guys, just got this unit second hand. 

May i check if any of you have this issue of the volume automatically adjusting louder/softer as vehicle speed differs?

Regards

On 9150, this can be set under ASL.

Hi sir, where can i find ASL? I tried under the audio sub menu but cant seem to find such an option

In fact, i tried almost all the sub menus. I think i might need specs  [laugh]

On AVH-Z9150, it's in the Audio setting menu, below A-EQ&TA Measurement.

I'm not sure if it's available on 8850.

Hi sir, where can i find ASL? I tried under the audio sub menu but cant seem to find such an option

In fact, i tried almost all the sub menus. I think i might need specs  [laugh]

Selling a 11 mths old Pioneer AVH-X8850BT for $500

Pm me ur number if keen

Bought new from Audio Solution in 2017 Dec.

Sorry mod cos i dun know where to post this

Anyone used both X and Z series before can feedback if there is any noticable difference in sound quality?

I am currently considering X595BT and Z5050BT. I don't really need AA but if sound quality is really better, willing to pay extra for Z series.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone updated firmware to 1.07 which is meant for aussie/nz sets. Any difference?

Cheers

From Pioneer Australia site - 

This firmware update (version 1.07) contains the following improvements:
- Improve connectivity with Apple CarPlay
- Fix following problems
*No sound comes out when the USB is reconnected after removing the USB while using CarPlay.

I use Android Auto so I probably won't bother.
Edited by whitey66
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am getting intermittent connection issues with iphone xr. Most of the time carplay does not automatically start and iphone not detected. Sometimes carplay starts for a few minutes and then disconnects. Anyone care to how to solve this? Thanks. 

Neutral Newbie

I am getting intermittent connection issues with iphone xr. Most of the time carplay does not automatically start and iphone not detected. Sometimes carplay starts for a few minutes and then disconnects. Anyone care to how to solve this? Thanks. 

Are you running the latest pioneer firmware?

Is your Iphone software updated?

Have you tried another phone?

Neutral Newbie

Are you running the latest pioneer firmware?

Is your Iphone software updated?

Have you tried another phone?

latest firmware 1.06, iphone latest firmware, no issue on iphone 5,6,7 but connection issues for iphone XR...

Wonder anybody here facing same issue and manged to solve it. 

Neutral Newbie

Have you done all of this - 

https://www.ikream.com/2019/04/how-to-fix-apple-iphone-xr-bluetooth-pairing-that-suddenly-stopped-working-cannot-pair-with-other-bluetooth-accessories-troubleshooting-guide-29941

From the link - But just recently, reports have it that a small number of iPhone XS and iPhone XR owners are experiencing Bluetooth connectivity issues in which the phones fail to connect to the car’s entertainment system and some third-party accessories

Edited by whitey66

Hello all, i just upgraded my HU to 8850BT. Would like to check is there anyway to retained the last files played via the USB thumbdrive? previously on my 5850BT i do not have this issue. Everything i power on the unit or switch between video and music files it will always reset back to the first file on the drive. I try reading the manual but it doesn't have any description on this. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hello all, i just upgraded my HU to 8850BT. Would like to check is there anyway to retained the last files played via the USB thumbdrive? previously on my 5850BT i do not have this issue. Everything i power on the unit or switch between video and music files it will always reset back to the first file on the drive. I try reading the manual but it doesn't have any description on this. Thanks.

Have you checked that your unit is wired correctly? It sounds like your constant power is not connected properly. Does the clock reset every time you turn it on? If it does, check the wiring. Sometimes the Acc power and the constant power wires get swapped accidently.
↡ Advertisement