Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Can pioneer 2850bt work?

No.

Only works on 8850.

Anyone's ATT works? When I press Mute, instead of "ATT" which is suppose to lower the volume, it just goes into Mute instead which is total silence.

Bro, go to settings. Under Mute settings, can choose to silence or attenuate when u press the Mute button.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, 

I am waiting for installer to install AVH8850 on my new ride. I would like to ask if its worth it to pay $50 for the USB cable and HDMI?

I need to use both iOS and Android for this HU. 

I was given an option to provide them with my cables or buy from them at $50. 

Does it work with any non-pioneer brand cable?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

• Praise 1

Hi guys,

I am waiting for installer to install AVH8850 on my new ride. I would like to ask if its worth it to pay $50 for the USB cable and HDMI?

I need to use both iOS and Android for this HU.

I was given an option to provide them with my cables or buy from them at $50.

Does it work with any non-pioneer brand cable?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

The HDMI and USB cable is not that expensive. You can bring your own and remind them to install together with your head unit. The USB extension I suggest you get the USB port that can be mounted on in the driver side (beside steering wheel). At least not so messy with the cables all exposed.

Just browse carousell for some good deals.

Neutral Newbie

The HDMI and USB cable is not that expensive. You can bring your own and remind them to install together with your head unit. The USB extension I suggest you get the USB port that can be mounted on in the driver side (beside steering wheel). At least not so messy with the cables all exposed.

Just browse carousell for some good deals.

Hi guys, I managed to successfully connect my android auto to my pioneer 8850( yipee!) Silly me after downloading the Apk, didn't know that I had to install the app through my download folder! Guys don't forget to do this.

Question: have you guys installed the app radio live and app radio mode apps onto to you handphone? I did but it could not mirror the screen to my pioneer head unit set. Please help! Cheers

Neutral Newbie

On my last question on mirroring app radio from android handphone to HU, it seems that I cannot connect via the usual USB port 2 but instead for app radio to work I need to connect via HDMI as stated in HU manual (first attachment), which means I need to purchase 2 additional items (CD-AH200): hdmi cable, MHL adaptor(2nd attachment).

Has anybody successfully install it?

Thanks alot!

post-65310-0-30669600-1484059615_thumb.png

post-65310-0-14501800-1484059629_thumb.png

On my last question on mirroring app radio from android handphone to HU, it seems that I cannot connect via the usual USB port 2 but instead for app radio to work I need to connect via HDMI as stated in HU manual (first attachment), which means I need to purchase 2 additional items (CD-AH200): hdmi cable, MHL adaptor(2nd attachment).

Has anybody successfully install it?

Thanks alot!

You need to get the MHL cable in order to connect via Appradio. But do make sure that your phone supports MHL. My S7 and Note 5 doesn't so the MHL cable is a white elephant now.
  • Praise 1

My 8850 rattles a little. Not sure if it is poor installation workmanship or inherent design or my unit poor quality. Usually if i press the front panel abit it rattles less. So i stuck something to hold the panel tight. I am refering to the front panel lcd screen that can be removed.

Anyone has rattle noises with their 8850?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

You need to get the MHL cable in order to connect via Appradio. But do make sure that your phone supports MHL. My S7 and Note 5 doesn't so the MHL cable is a white elephant now.

Hi Steiner, thanks for the advice! Mine is a Sony Xperia Z5 premium and I believe it should support MHL. 2 questions on the MHL installation :

1) Will it continue to charge my handphone (currently it does from USB port 2)

2) With the MHL connection to enable Appradio viewing, can Android auto still be run so that I can continue to use Google map?

Thanks a lot

Hi Steiner, thanks for the advice! Mine is a Sony Xperia Z5 premium and I believe it should support MHL. 2 questions on the MHL installation :

1) Will it continue to charge my handphone (currently it does from USB port 2)

2) With the MHL connection to enable Appradio viewing, can Android auto still be run so that I can continue to use Google map?

Thanks a lot ð

I don't think the MHL can charge your phone. At least I didn't notice any charging when I last used it a year ago.

The Appradio only allows you to use the navigation app offered by Appradio. If you wanna mirror your phone screen to the HU, I suggest you use a miracast device instead.

Neutral Newbie

I don't think the MHL can charge your phone. At least I didn't notice any charging when I last used it a year ago.

The Appradio only allows you to use the navigation app offered by Appradio. If you wanna mirror your phone screen to the HU, I suggest you use a miracast device instead.

Hi Steiner what's a mirror cast device? Is it a hardware or an app that I need to download? Compatible to pioneer 8850? Thanks
  • Praise 1

Hi all. I've managed to get my car to be equipped with 8850BT. Has anyone tried android auto and apple CarPlay in their current unit. Please share

hi

i used android auto with my 8850. works fine. are you able to connect your android device to your HU?

• Praise 1

If you're using Android Auto please make sure the USB extension cable is connected to USB Port 2 at the back of the unit, not port 1.

I've found it extremely sensitive to the quality of the connecting cable.  When I connected with the OEM charging cable for my Xiaomi phone, I had multiple crashes.  When I upgraded to a Verbatim branded cable from Popular, the crashes virtually disappeared.

I didn't need any sideloaded APK.  Just standard Android Auto downloaded form the store, on my Xiaomi Mi5s Plus on Global ROM.  Your experience may vary.

• Praise 1

what the next model below 8850?my car scaping end of the year. not worth to get such a high end HU

Next model below 8850 is 5850 but note that 5850 does not support Android Auto nor Apple Carplay.

• Praise 2

Next model below 8850 is 5850 but note that 5850 does not support Android Auto nor Apple Carplay.

thks, 8850 is 300 dollar more than 5850

↡ Advertisement