Pioneer AVH-X8850BT

Idaddy88

Neutral Newbie

I see, thanks for clarifying. As I know, Australia headunits is also increasing in 0.2Mhz, same as those from USA.

For me, I enjoy listening to the radio show on the way to and from work. I toggle between 92.00 and 93.80 Mhz. so USA and Australia head units are no no for me.

Just confirming that the Aussie version does have 0.05 Mhz increments, you can change it from 0.1 to 0.05 in the settings.

I did the firmware update and the bluetooth update, haven't had any issues since. Before I did the firmware update I couldn't get the steering wheel controls to work, the selection was greyed out in the menu and I couldn't access it. I had to reebot the unit several times before the steering wheel settings were selectable. After the firmware update it is selectable all the time now.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is it just me or the steoreoness of the unit has more stereo? I mean, the distinction between the left and right channel is more distinct. Using Spotify on ip7 though.

Besides being able to connect our hp, does the HU improve the sound quality over the car original HU?

It depends on your car's original HU doesn't it? It could be a lousy Thai made HU or it could be something from Bose, Mark Levinson or Bang and Olufsen. Edited by Macrosszero

Hi bros! :)

For those with the Pioneer 8850 HU installed for their Prius, have you got it linked in a way where you can activate Siri directly from a button on the steering wheel?

Anyone knows if it can be done or if so, how?

Tks.

Anyone tried mirror link (iPhone) and was successful?

8850 with Apple lightning digital av adaptor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUyvj810xUU

Yes works well for me.

With the AV Adaptor hook up, just put the set into HDMI mode. Everything gets mirrored, including YouTube, twitch, iPhone stock video player etc. However control is from the

Phone, can't control anything on the 8850 LCD.

(edited)

Yes works well for me.

With the AV Adaptor hook up, just put the set into HDMI mode. Everything gets mirrored, including YouTube, twitch, iPhone stock video player etc. However control is from the

Phone, can't control anything on the 8850 LCD.

Hey Mercur1al, wow... Tks for sharing. Didn't know that! :)

Now I'm going to simply get the AV adaptor and appear as a hero to my child. Woo hoo!

Where did you get the cable from? And how much?

And what about the orientation? Will it be using the full screen of the 8850 on landscape / portrait modes?

Update:

Found it at https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=97... Anywhere else cheaper?

Edited by DizzyHead

Hey Mercur1al, wow... Tks for sharing. Didn't know that! :)

Now I'm going to simply get the AV adaptor and appear as a hero to my child. Woo hoo!

Where did you get the cable from? And how much?

And what about the orientation? Will it be using the full screen of the 8850 on landscape / portrait modes?

Update:

Found it at https://www.apple.com/sg/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter?fnode=97... Anywhere else cheaper?

No idea bro. I bought it from Mustafa $68.

Only problem is that the wiring is now damn messy. AV adaptor is huge. I ordered an extension wire from AliExpress, hopefully it works. Will be able to store everything in glove box then and only have the extension wire coming out from glove box.

Works in both landscape and portrait mode. Just need to rotate your phone. Also, not sure if I mentioned it, but on iPhone 7+8850, appradio works well for Waze. Can control Waze from headunit as well.

Neutral Newbie

Hi members,  does anyone encounters any issue on the Bluetooth auto connect function from the Pioneer unit?  I was able to pair and register my iPhone 6s plus successfully and the head unit will auto connect to my phone without any issue (if my phone's bluetooth is on).    

However,  If my phone bluetooth is not on,  the head unit will display a auto connect fail after few minutes of searching.    When I turn on the bluetooth on my mobile phone (after the failure message),  by right the head unit should auto connect but it doesn't.    I did check the setting.   The bluetooth is set as "Yes" on the auto connect.   So Im a bit puzzle what's strong with the unit.  

Anyone has the same problem?  

Twincharged
(edited)

Hi,

Can 8850 support front camera ?

Yes. A friend done it on 5750, use the av in. No idea why it's needed though. Edited by Mkl22

Neutral Newbie

Do you guys know when the Pioneer X8850BT will be changed to a new model? I believe Pioneer releases new head units on a yearly basis and X8850BT came out around April 2016. It's now July 2017 so there should be a successor anytime soon right?

Anyone knows when the new one will arrive?

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

I just did a search and i found that Pioneer just released some head unit models for 2017 and it seems that AVH-Z5050BT is their highest model for 2din units. Do you think that the Z5050BT is the successor of X8850BT?

Does anyone also know if they area already available in the market? Where can i buy one? thanks

↡ Advertisement