About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Mine is about 14++ km/litre. 1 1/2 years old manufacturers accent.

Used to be 15+ km/litre earlier this year.

70% hw/ 30% city due to shift work and work location.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys.

I got my Dad an Accent (Lake Silver) in Jul first bidding during the COE dip.

I was promised VERBALLY the car will be ready in mid Aug.

Then in mid Aug, there was a delay mentioned by the agent that it will be delayed to mid Sep because of shipment issues.

I trust the agent pretty much because he seems like a sincere man of my Dad's age.

Then today, after asking, I was inform that it will be further delayed to early Oct.

I am not sure what's wrong but I feel like a 2 months delay seems to be too much?

Any one facing the same issue and what can we do about it?

Thanks!

Just to add, the COE was secured in 2nd bidding of Jul.

Hi dnumde,

I face exactly the same scenario as you. I booked my accent (lagoon blue) in Jul first bidding, secure my COE in jul 2nd bidding and face the same delay duration from August to September and to October too. Did U manage to get any new update on the shipment?

Oh and can anyone add me to the Hyundai Accent whatapps group Where I can learn from all my fellow accent bro and sis? :)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi dnumde,

I face exactly the same scenario as you. I booked my accent (lagoon blue) in Jul first bidding, secure my COE in jul 2nd bidding and face the same delay duration from August to September and to October too. Did U manage to get any new update on the shipment?

Oh and can anyone add me to the Hyundai Accent whatapps group Where I can learn from all my fellow accent bro and sis? :)

According to my SE, the new shipment is scheduled to arrive by end of Oct or early Nov, barring any shipment delays.

I assume you haven't collected your car?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

According to my SE, the new shipment is scheduled to arrive by end of Oct or early Nov, barring any shipment delays.

I assume you haven't collected your car?

Hi tmtmy, I am currently still waiting for my SE to call me up for registration and lastly the collection of car. If your SE info on the shipment is accurate i.e end Oct or early Nov, I guess the shipment is consider delay again as I was told it is early Oct. Sigh~~
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi tmtmy, I am currently still waiting for my SE to call me up for registration and lastly the collection of car. If your SE info on the shipment is accurate i.e end Oct or early Nov, I guess the shipment is consider delay again as I was told it is early Oct. Sigh~~

I booked and secured my COE in early September, which means my car may have been assigned to a later batch of shipment than yours.

I did hear from the Elantra forum that a batch of shipment just arrived in late September. Perhaps your car belongs to that batch of shipment?

Have you paid the balance sum? Normally the SE won't ask you to pay the balance sum unless they're confident of delivering the vehicle to you in 2 weeks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I booked and secured my COE in early September, which means my car may have been assigned to a later batch of shipment than yours.

I did hear from the Elantra forum that a batch of shipment just arrived in late September. Perhaps your car belongs to that batch of shipment?

Have you paid the balance sum? Normally the SE won't ask you to pay the balance sum unless they're confident of delivering the vehicle to you in 2 weeks.

Nope. My SE have not called me for any balance payment or any other paperwork settlement. Hopefully will receive her call soon :)
  • Praise 1

Hi dnumde,

Hi yymartin.

Very sorry to hear about this.

My SE was pretty upfront with me. He screenshot the delay of the shipment for my Dad's Lakesilver. It arrived in early Sep.

But there was a further delay after the shipment arrives and my SE explain clearly to me the scenerio.

He says that the car is not at Komoco but was handled by the appointed shipping company which cause the delay. He says that it depends on our luck because shipping is by first in last out scenerio. Ours was delayed because it is somewhere at the back.

What he can do is try to pull strings to get them to retrieve the car earlier., which is a hassle to them.

Fortunately, we got our car last week.

Maybe you can speak to your SE nicely and make him or her understand that you really need the car.

Base on my understanding, different colours arrive in different shipment.

Goodluck.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi yymartin.

Very sorry to hear about this.

My SE was pretty upfront with me. He screenshot the delay of the shipment for my Dad's Lakesilver. It arrived in early Sep.

But there was a further delay after the shipment arrives and my SE explain clearly to me the scenerio.

He says that the car is not at Komoco but was handled by the appointed shipping company which cause the delay. He says that it depends on our luck because shipping is by first in last out scenerio. Ours was delayed because it is somewhere at the back.

What he can do is try to pull strings to get them to retrieve the car earlier., which is a hassle to them.

Fortunately, we got our car last week.

Maybe you can speak to your SE nicely and make him or her understand that you really need the car.

Base on my understanding, different colours arrive in different shipment.

Goodluck.

Hi dnumde,

Thanks so much for the info and also Congrats for getting your car!! :)

I guess is time for me to check and chase after my SE for more update. Thank you.

Hi all.

I opted out of the free servicing.

Anyone have any idea what is the mileage for first servicing?

What EO to use? He drives quite frequently. W20 is more fuel efficient I heard?

• Praise 1

Hi folks,

I am seriously considering Accent 1.4A.  I have not bought a new car since a long time ago, so will like to seek some advice from the bros and sis here.

1) does anyone have a good SE to recommend?  Prefer to deal with a good SE directly than to try my luck walking in.  When I last bought a new car, I was locked to the SE who served me...this lock-in lasted a few months I think.

2) I read a bro managed to get a good discount (~$5k) by opting out some items like free servicing and other stuff.  did other bros managed to do the same?

3) Accent seems to be the first Hyundai with CVT?  anyone has prob with their CVTs?

4) Anyone replace the stock radio to aftermarket 2-din car stereo?  I notice the rear view camera has reverse video built in, but I prefer the reverse video on a bigger screen.  Also I am used to the wide angle rear view mirror that I have been using since my 1st car, so I will like to continue using it in the Accent.

5) If you changed to aftermarket stereo, is it able to connect to the buttons on the steering wheel?  e.g. volume, phone calls, etc.

Thank you for your advice in advance!

You bought the Accent already bro? 

Hi all.

I opted out of the free servicing.

Anyone have any idea what is the mileage for first servicing?

What EO to use? He drives quite frequently. W20 is more fuel efficient I heard?

1k for the first service and thereafter every 10k is what is recommended by Komoco. The car manual will recommend differently.

For EO, Komoco uses Shell Helix 5W-40, manual recommends 5W-30 or 5W-20, these two viscosities are a bit harder to find. Lower number is lower viscosity and is better fuel effeciency but lower engine protection.

Hey bro, got a Jazz instead, but need to wait long long till next year  [laugh]

even more popular than Accent

Edited by V-280
  • Praise 2

even more popular than Accent

haha, my kid wants that because no backside.  Price is slightly on the high side compared to Accent and Elantra (during closed door sale).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1