About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

(edited)

Hi.

My Dads stock tyre profile states 175/70R14

We intend to change it in Malaysia to save cost.

But we cant seem to find that.

Workshop is suggesting 175/65/14

Does it work?

Possible to also add me into the whatsapp grp?

Edited by dnumde
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Hi.

My Dads stock tyre profile states 175/70R14

We intend to change it in Malaysia to save cost.

But we cant seem to find that.

Workshop is suggesting 175/65/14

Does it work?

Possible to also add me into the whatsapp grp?

175/70/14 is a common size. Go to another place

Neutral Newbie

Hi I understand that there is WhatsApp chat on accent driver. I just bought mine, how do I get in the group chat?

• Praise 2

Any one here experience ECU of Accent spoil?

Its a 1 year old Accent.

It was down 3 weeks ago and they say the car is no longer safe to drive so they have to ground it.

They say the delay is due to the fact that the ECU comes from Korea but they will expedite.

Although it is under warranty but there will be no replacement car.

Today they updated me and told me the ECU is made to order so it will arrive earliest by 13 Sep... not including repair time...

Any advice?

Is this the norm?

And no replacement car as well?

Btw, possible to add me into the whatsapp group please?

• Praise 1

Getting my accent in abt 2 weeks. Still deciding to change to 15" or 16" rims .. Any members can share their accent pic in 16 and 15 inch. Want to compare see how it looks. Also can share ur handling experience with the 2 size tyres. Thanks in advance

• Praise 1

Getting my accent in abt 2 weeks. Still deciding to change to 15" or 16" rims .. Any members can share their accent pic in 16 and 15 inch. Want to compare see how it looks. Also can share ur handling experience with the 2 size tyres. Thanks in advance

Basic is 14

Upgrade is 15

16, might hit the mud-guard wall when you steer

• Praise 1

Basic is 14

Upgrade is 15

Thanks. Are u running on 15" for your Accent? if possible, can share a pic cos want to see how it looks with 15" rims. thanks

Two areas I realised here:

1) Why every new Accent owner needs to join a separate chat group? What's there to conceal and not share about this model?

2) That the fuel consumption of Accent is high. In the newspapers, it's advertised 6.4l/100km, whereas Honda HRV 1.5 is 5.7l, Jazz 1.5 is 5.6l, Corolla is 6.1l.

Wow!

Almost all owners of same model will have their private chat group. I’m surprised u not aware of this.

Even old uncles join WhatsApp chats n as the group goes bigger, they migrate to Telegram.

• Praise 5

Almost all owners of same model will have their private chat group. Iâm surprised u not aware of this.

Even old uncles join WhatsApp chats n as the group goes bigger, they migrate to Telegram.

Be wary when the telegram group chat starts organizing group buys by one or two person, most of the time they have vested interested..

No need to make it too explicit.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Be wary when the telegram group chat starts organizing group buys by one or two person, most of the time they have vested interested..

All the same in every group. No one will do a group buy for free. Quite some blatantly rip off the rest! Just expose lor. This sort of “buddies” don’t have also like that!
  • Praise 2

So long there are cost savings or other benefits from joining in the group buy, and not getting lemons, why not let the organizers get some benefits for themselves? 

We should not always expect to benefit at the expense of others.

In life, everyone has vested interest in one way or another, monetary wise or others. Some organizers derive satisfaction from helping others, others derive satisfaction from making some monetary gains. So long as both organizers and participants obtain win-win, all is good.

On the flip side, one should not also be too naive. Need to check to make sure lemons are not bought.

• Praise 2

On the flip side, one should not also be too naive. Need to check to make sure lemons are not bought.

Unless it is a group buy for lemons, then better get lemons! Not lime.

Basic is 14

Upgrade is 15

The Accent in Korea 16" rims is an option. Just be sure to get correct rim and tyre size for any size increase.

• Praise 1

Unless it is a group buy for lemons, then better get lemons! Not lime.

The Accent in Korea 16" rims is an option. Just be sure to get correct rim and tyre size for any size increase.

Thanks. Thinking of changing to 16" rims with 205/50/16 tyres. If any bros here are using 16" or 15" rims, can share your car pics. Want to see the difference in the looks. For performance wise, i have been using 16" for my avante for about 3 years and 205/50/16 tyres handles much better than 195/65/15 (stock) tyres

Also if anyone can share their experience with 16" on accent, would be helpful as well. Appreciate it!

16 inch profile can fit according to the car manual.

Yup. Have seen the RB model in 16" alloy rims in Hyundai Australia site. But those models are 1.6l variant. Body weight and size I'm not sure if they are similar

Thanks bro!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. Thinking of changing to 16" rims with 205/50/16 tyres. If any bros here are using 16" or 15" rims, can share your car pics. Want to see the difference in the looks. For performance wise, i have been using 16" for my avante for about 3 years and 205/50/16 tyres handles much better than 195/65/15 (stock) tyres

Also if anyone can share their experience with 16" on accent, would be helpful as well. Appreciate it!

Yup. Have seen the RB model in 16" alloy rims in Hyundai Australia site. But those models are 1.6l variant. Body weight and size I'm not sure if they are similar

Thanks bro!

Im using 185/50/16 and i think thats the max, otherwise tyres will protude out which u will fail for inspection 

post-224160-0-05052700-1566060316.jpg

• Praise 1

For Accent, no problem going up till 195/50 R16, below official spec.

Front tread
175/70 R14 1507 (59.3) 1507 (59.3)
195/50 R16 1489 (58.6) 1489 (58.6)
Rear tread
175/70 R14 1511 (59.5) 1511 (59.5)
195/50 R16 1493 (58.8) 1493 (58.8)
↡ Advertisement