About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

On 2/8/2020 at 11:14 PM, Brass said:

Screenshot_20200208-231138_Gallery.jpg

With Hyundai in Korea having stopped sales and possibly production of the RB Accent, will we see KMC bringing in Indian-made HC version? 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, nickyps2 said:

Can add in the groupchat? Thank you. 

PM sent.

Ok one point BUT not directed to you but since I am quoting you.... :D

anything can pm me on message and I will send the whatsapp group chat link.

cos I am noticing people are putting their handphone numbers on the open forum...  later you get sales calls dont blame MCF... :D lol

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Congrats! You bought at the perfect timing.  The Accent is now priced at one of its lowest level at $62,999.

I saw the pricelist $66,999 and not $62,999 ?

4 hours ago, Cybertech said:

I saw the pricelist $66,999 and not $62,999 ?

$66,999 is the published price.

$62,999 is the discounted price.

Car distributors usually work this way - if you call them to enquire or make a physical trip to the showroom, you'll be surprised with a lower price.

Some, like Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, the prices are negotiable and can be bargained down further even after you are offered a discounted price. Their profit margins are sinfully high.

Screenshot_20200216-003047~2.png

Edited by Vinceng

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Car distributors usually work this way - if you call them to enquire or make a physical trip to the showroom, you'll be surprised with a lower price.

Some, like Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, the prices are negotiable and can be bargained down further even after you are offered a discounted price. Their profit margins are sinfully high.

For some reason Kah motor doesnt do that.  The published price is the official price. Unless there are code words I can use...

6 hours ago, Philipkee said:

For some reason Kah motor doesnt do that.  The published price is the official price. Unless there are code words I can use...

Just book an accent. Can add me in the group chats. Thks

Neutral Newbie
On 2/16/2020 at 12:27 AM, Vinceng said:

Avante is 70K? Base mode or S trim? Can DM SE contact please

Neutral Newbie

Can I check how is the fuel consumption? Been Owning it for 2 years and the fuel consumption quite bad. 90/10 highway. FC around 9 for me. Pls add 86587745

Edited by Chiawt

14 hours ago, Chiawt said:

Can I check how is the fuel consumption? Been Owning it for 2 years and the fuel consumption quite bad. 90/10 highway. FC around 9 for me. Pls add 86587745

10% or 90% highway? My FC is around 10, about 50/50 highway.

By the way I sent you the link to join the chatgroup.

P/S for others reading, 10km/l is exactly 10 liter per 100km.

15 hours ago, Chiawt said:

10%highway and 90% city with 9km/l. 

That's decent. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I'm considering to buy an Accent as my first car....should I?

Need some honest opinions from you guys if possible.

Thnks

6 hours ago, AugGX said:

Thnks

Mine is 2016 model.  Last of the manuals.  So my FC is different from the rest.

Size wise its comfortable but a bit snug. So if its just you and a friend, no issue.  But if you are having a big family, might be crammed. 

Maintenance so far for me no major issue except a handbrake issue but it was under warranty.  Otherwise I have driven from Singapore to ipoh as furthest.  Reaching three years old and my mileage almost 56k km.  No major issues.  Minor issues like cigarette lighter fused.  

Acceleration I wont comment.  Different when its manual as compared to auto.

Boot space so so.

Fuel tank so so.  It's not a big issue in singspore (43L) but something to think about if you do regular road trips to malaysia.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:50 AM, AugGX said:

Thnks

I have been driving my Avante since Jan 2010, now it has passed 10 years, I am still getting 11-12 km/lit for local driving, in Malaysia I'll get 14-16 km/lit NSHW Northbound and about 18-20 km/lit Southbound. The trips were recorded from SG-KL-SG. Avante is still the choice because Accent's engine is smaller and cannot afford its body, Avante's body weight over engine power ratio is much better.

Edited by Low_waisum
↡ Advertisement