About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

(edited)

This thread seems to be dying. Let's revive it with some discussion, my fellow accent's bros and sis.

Anybody here

1. Modify the Halogen lights to LED light?
2. Modify the side mirror to retractable?
3. Add on DRL to your car?
4. Change the antenna to Shark fins antenna?
5. Change the handle to Chrome handle?
6. Any good brands for HUD speedometers to recommend?

Let's share some lobang if you know of any.. Price, location etc etc. If you have personally done some mods to your accent, be it good or bad, also can share for everyone's awareness so that everyone can benefit from this information. Let the sharing and discussion begins!

[smash]

Edited by BtyCheers
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

(edited)

This thread seems to be dying. Let's revive it with some discussion, my fellow accent's bros and sis.

Anybody here

1. Modify the Halogen lights to LED light?

2. Modify the side mirror to retractable?

3. Add on DRL to your car?

4. Change the antenna to Shark fins antenna?

5. Change the handle to Chrome handle?

6. Any good brands for HUD speedometers to recommend?

Let's share some lobang if you know of any.. Price, location etc etc. If you have personally done some mods to your accent, be it good or bad, also can share for everyone's awareness so that everyone can benefit from this information. Let the sharing and discussion begins!

[smash]

Support your post.

1) hyundai logo a bit waste money cos I tot it would block off the sun. Did it at JJ decal. But still looks OK and helps when I park in a crowded car park. Look for hyundai logo from afar and I know it's mine.

post-57859-0-94155900-1552037026_thumb.jpg

2) Originally I made both the bowl and door handles black with matte wrap but the wrap on door handles did not last (partially torn after a few road trips up north) so changed the handles to chrome. It's just a chrome cover so it's not the handle changed.

post-57859-0-56848800-1552036348_thumb.jpg

3) even my friend say I cover everything. Like I scared of leather. Yup you can see it's manual. So it's the last manual car for the accent

post-57859-0-60944300-1552036462_thumb.jpg

4) changed the HU so it has the reverse camera on the screen. Before you ask, the HU must be changed cos mine is the old model with no reverse camera. I know the new models come with a reverse camera

post-57859-0-45157500-1552036526_thumb.jpg

5) self install one TPMS

post-57859-0-22538200-1552036639_thumb.jpg

Most done at Tong Lee Wee except for the wrap by sggarage and the hyundai sticker by JJ decal.

Haiz my pictures all wrong rotation again.

Edited by Philipkee

Support your post.

1) hyundai logo a bit waste money cos I tot it would block off the sun. Did it at JJ decal. But still looks OK and helps when I park in a crowded car park. Look for hyundai logo from afar and I know it's mine.

20190308_170331.jpg

2) Originally I made both the bowl and door handles black with matte wrap but the wrap on door handles did not last (partially torn after a few road trips up north) so changed the handles to chrome. It's just a chrome cover so it's not the handle changed.

20190308_170339.jpg

3) even my friend say I cover everything. Like I scared of leather. Yup you can see it's manual. So it's the last manual car for the accent

20190308_170408.jpg

4) changed the HU so it has the reverse camera on the screen. Before you ask, the HU must be changed cos mine is the old model with no reverse camera. I know the new models come with a reverse camera

20190308_170538.jpg

5) self install one TPMS

20190308_170607.jpg

Most done at Tong Lee Wee except for the wrap by sggarage and the hyundai sticker by JJ decal.

Thanks for sharing. Other than needing to flip my phone around. Every else looks great!
  • Praise 1

Support your post.

20190308_170331.jpg

20190308_170339.jpg

20190308_170408.jpg

20190308_170538.jpg

5) self install one TPMS

20190308_170607.jpg

Very nice... actually the front Hyundai decal on the windshield could have been slightly wider? There's a legal limit to the width... it does help to shade the sun when it's directly above you, especially if you drive on the North-South Highway in Malaysia during 11 to 2 pm... useful...

Hi, I just bought my first car, Accent.

Expected to collect by end of the month. Can add me in the chat grp? New car owner, a lot of noob questions to ask all the Accent seniors here.

Thank you!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Anyone owned an Accent 2018 and drove it up to Genting?

Yup I did, 4mths back.(but mine is a Nov 17 accent thou it’s the same sedan)
  • Praise 1

Anyone owned an Accent 2018 and drove it up to Genting?

Why not? Malaysia kancil/axia/wira all fly up genting easily. Shouldnt be an issue with the 1.4 accent unless you are going full load, it might be a strain but it will still make it up.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just bought Accent, first tank is only 10km/l. Anyone has such consumption on first tank? Will it improve subsequently?

• Praise 1

I just bought Accent, first tank is only 10km/l. Anyone has such consumption on first tank? Will it improve subsequently?

It's your driving style... drive more gently bro...

If you drive peak hour traffic with loads of traffic light, 10kml is good enough.

You want good consumption, go drive on the highway at 2am from tuas to changi, guaranteed 20km/l minimum no questions asked, provided you dont rev it thinking it's a Ferrari. Cruising at 100kmh will definitely give you 20km/l for the 50km.

Seldom see Accent on the road. Mostly see Elantra.

People rather pay more to buy elantra. Price difference not that huge. Accent not worth the money unless you on super tight budget