About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Seldom see Accent on the road. Mostly see Elantra.

$68,111 avante...

1.6l,

6 airbags

Hill start assist

Rear aircon

7 inch infotainment

Drive mode selection

IHLS Top Safety Plus pick

All alloy 15 inch rims

vs $62,999 nett

Difference just over $5k. Bigger, better...

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

$68,111 avante...

1.6l,

6 airbags

Hill start assist

Rear aircon

7 inch infotainment

Drive mode selection

IHLS Top Safety Plus pick

All alloy 15 inch rims

vs $62,999 nett

Difference just over $5k. Bigger, better...

They still selling avante at $68,111 now?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I just booked an Accent at the recent roadshow. Hoping to get my car this month. Can I join the group?

at VIVOCITY? spoke to SE, price has gone up from $61,111 to $62,999 now. actually 64,999 (with 2k petrol voucher). think still a good deal, congrats!

• Praise 1

at VIVOCITY? spoke to SE, price has gone up from $61,111 to $62,999 now. actually 64,999 (with 2k petrol voucher). think still a good deal, congrats!

The $2k petrol voucher at $64,999. Does it include free 2 year servicing??

(edited)

yes at Vivocity. It's true the price went up from 61,111. I got it at 62,999 without petrol vouchers though. Standard freebies like front and rear recording camera, factory car mat, 3M solar film, Tuff Kote and sound clad. Asked for paint protection but they refused to give even as I walked away. No free servicing, only free labour for servicing for 1,000km and 10,000km.

Anybody got more than me?

Edited by lifeisgood

All up. Looks like not the right time to buy already

Promotion at Komoco Motors

Beat the COE with Hyundai before it overtakes you.

- 5-Year Factory Warranty

- 3M Crystalline Solar Film

- Tuff Kote Rustproofing

- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto

- Front & Rear in-car Camera

- Sound-Clad Sound Proofing

$66,999 spacer.gifdown_arrow_11x10.gif  

Some how I like the look and shape of Accent although pay around 5-6K more can get the bigger new Avante.

Will be good if can give free upgrade that 14" rim to at least a 15" or 16" rim.

Anyway still considering.

• Praise 1

- Tuff Kote Rustproofing

Some how I like the look and shape of Accent although pay around 5-6K more can get the bigger new Avante.

Will be good if can give free upgrade that 14" rim to at least a 15" or 16" rim.

I have also been thinking about it. My Avante will be 10 year in less than 4 months.

Not sure about the power of its 1.4l engine as I have been driving 1.6l cars for most part of my 20+ years of driving.

Will test drive and compare when the date is nearer.

• Praise 1

I have also been thinking about it. My Avante will be 10 year in less than 4 months.

Not sure about the power of its 1.4l engine as I have been driving 1.6l cars for most part of my 20+ years of driving.

Can calculate the power to weight ratio... I think Accent is slightly down on power to weight ratio... I think you may find it rather slow off the line, especially passing power while cruising on a highway...

You will be disappointed with Accent 1.4 CVT as compare to your 1.6 Avante either auto or manual. As CVT driving pattern needs linear acceleration to save fuel. At traffic light pick-up, the rpm goes up,but the speed pick up very slow, like clutch slipping feeling, unless you floor the acceleration about 4k rpm, then you are able to follow close with the car in front of you.
  • Praise 1

Now is not the time to drive a less powerful car.

It's young people that should drive slowly as they have their best years ahead of them.

:D

• Praise 2

Fuel Consumpationa bit high on this car

1 tank 10km/l

2 tank 10.1km/l

Now mileage is about 500km. Have not go for 1000Km servicing yet

Is it normal for my car?

Pls advise

Btw what engine oil did the korea pour in? Mineral oil or syn oil? 5w50 or 5w40?

Pls advise

• Praise 3

Now is not the time to drive a less powerful car.

It's young people that should drive slowly as they have their best years ahead of them.

:D

Haha!

You will be disappointed with Accent 1.4 CVT as compare to your 1.6 Avante either auto or manual. As CVT driving pattern needs linear acceleration to save fuel. At traffic light pick-up, the rpm goes up,but the speed pick up very slow, like clutch slipping feeling, unless you floor the acceleration about 4k rpm, then you are able to follow close with the car in front of you.

Sounds like a typical scenario.

I can understand this because of different engine capacity. I wondered if there a marked difference between the two...

• Praise 2

Im quite curious, why an exhaust system be illegal in Singapore?  I'm from Korea, there is restrictions to.  But the police won't stop you.  The, Im not sure what its called in Singapore, inspection authority? [:p]  if see it then you should return to stock.  The Korean Government is maybe changing it soon I hope.   [smash] why governments want to stop aftermarket industry?  it's easy money.  I'm sorry if others ask this before.  I used to drive a accent in Korea. 

• Praise 3

quite good price

- Tuff Kote Rustproofing

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2