About the new Hyundai Accent 1.4 litre

Hoonigan

Since you do your servicing up north do consider on this as I rarely see Accent only Elantra. As for mods which you like... No idea if available up north.. just something to ponder.

I think got Kia Rio.

Malaysian Rio should use the same engine as the 1.4 accent so if anything bad happens,it can be replaced.

The model showing on Komoco website is different

Yes.It is not.

Spare parts are easily available, unlike certain popular brands like Mazda whereby the agent controls the price of the parts.

I think it's a good time to commit, and you can put oyur car up on sgcarmart for sale or post here. Am sure many will be after your rare manual transmission car with so many new parts replaced..

Not sure if Bermaz in Malaysia can do the trick for Mazda, maybe parts could be cheaper.

There are quite many new Mazda in Malaysia nowadays,so they could hop to the north for a look.

Edited by Brass

Hi Friendstar,

thank you, it really feel good to know that apart from jamesc, i also have followers :D

yeah, accent is really a temptation, i think if i were to test/view this weekend, i will be even poisoned further.

I'm a sentimental person, for some reason, i just can't part my current car. [smallcry] (of course, i can't possibly own 2 cars...)

Currently i'm depreciating $450 monthly, the new car will cost $583,

an increase of $133 which is still manageable.

the only contemplation that i got is : will coe goes down further?

I know this is a crystal ball question, but pardon me. Being frugal is in my blood, buying a car is a big dollar purchase for me.

Hence, i need to factor all consideration and possibilities.

p.s: what car are you driving? i thought i saw you mentioning about buying for your parents.

Don't worry.

This car,if at 2009 Coe levels , would be at least 40k.(black swan event)

So even if you buy now,it is a smoking hot deal as I don't think price in future will fall by a lot.

So if you like,just buy.Buying a car in Singapore is never Vfm.Buy the car you like,and enjoy it for the next 10 years.

$69,999 is Tier 3 pricing. Go showroom and you will know.

... which means unless COE falls below a certain level, you are unlilely to secure your COE at this price.

Same as the case of the Elantra being offered at $82K in late 2016 when COE was above $50K. None got their cars

... which means unless COE falls below a certain level, you are unlilely to secure your COE at this price.

Same as the case of the Elantra being offered at $82K in late 2016 when COE was above $50K. None got their cars

Why do u keep repeating this? It happened two years ago.

When COE fell to $36k several times before, everyone got their COE in one bid during the next bid.

• Praise 2

later today, a MCF bro, will be signing the paper for his accent. :a-happy:

hope to sit in his new car real soon

Congrats my BFF buy new car.

:D

• Praise 1

not me la, BFF..

I'm still waiting  [:p]

Aiyo, you still waiting for what ah? Think it is a good time now to go in to try again la, who knows you can get your new car?!

• Praise 1

Aiyo, you still waiting for what ah? Think it is a good time now to go in to try again la, who knows you can get your new car?!

waiting for the durian to drop.  [:p]

I'm not in rush, so can slowly slowly wait.

somehow, i very confident that KMC, will secure the coe if were to purchase.

My wife and i, are now looking at kona, it seems to be a fun and loving car.  [:p]

My wife and i, are now looking at kona, it seems to be a fun and loving car.  [:p]

Aiyo again, i know you not in a rush but ah since coe now is hovering below $40k, indeed a good time to buy lo. Wait go back to $40-50k level again. Cause i guess coe should not go below $30k, if coe really dropped to that level, garment should do something about it, since they would not allow low coe history to happen again as they are promoting car lite now.

Anyway, can consider kona the 1.0L manual version. Since this car is turbocharge, if you dont mind the engine sound a bit noisy and manual, can consider this car. Think the price now is around $81k.

• Praise 1

My BFF only going for turbo car.

No turbo, no talk.  [thumbsup]

[laugh]

Aiyo again, i know you not in a rush but ah since coe now is hovering below $40k, indeed a good time to buy lo. Wait go back to $40-50k level again. Cause i guess coe should not go below $30k, if coe really dropped to that level, garment should do something about it, since they would not allow low coe history to happen again as they are promoting car lite now.

Anyway, can consider kona the 1.0L manual version. Since this car is turbocharge, if you dont mind the engine sound a bit noisy and manual, can consider this car. Think the price now is around $81k.

Jamesc,

you guys really think too highly of me....

i'm still saving up and refraining myself from going to showroom.

I dont even know how does a kona actually look like, only seen it in pictures and videos. 

My BFF only going for turbo car.

No turbo, no talk.  [thumbsup]

[laugh]

Then MRT and buses better for you?

Jamesc,

you guys really think too highly of me....

i'm still saving up and refraining myself from going to showroom.

I dont even know how does a kona actually look like, only seen it in pictures and videos. 

Then MRT and buses better for you?

why not, i dont see anything wrong with that.

Edited by Kurty
↡ Advertisement