NISSAN ALMERA 1.5 OR HONDA CITY 1.5

Ehonda

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone drove both the abv car before?

Can help to advice which have bigger interior?

Flying to Penang during May (4 adults + 2 kids (3&5 yrs old)), thinking to rent either one of it.

Both are RM336 for 3 days rental from HAWK

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I feel almera more comfortable. I guess looks not important since he is just renting only. If buying then I'd rather go for the city. Lol.

• Praise 1

Flying to Penang during May (4 adults + 2 kids (3&5 yrs old)), thinking to rent either one of it.

you dare to driving at Penang? very congestion and confusing traffic there. :pissed-off:

BTW, why will you not drive your own car from Singapore to there? support your car is a 7 seat MPV or SUV, absolutely cheaper than 6 persons air tickets

• Praise 1

Driving these models of car,make sure you don't go too fast,limit yourself max 130 km/h,anything above 130km/h,not very safe.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Almera got more headroom due to the awkwardly tall design.

City got more legroom.

• Praise 1

Rent only, any car also ok lah. I remember when i was in penang, i had even rented viva to drive around. Lol. But you have 4 adults and 2 kids, maybe should rent a MPV which is more spacious?

• Praise 1

rent a 7-seater MPV lah, such as Avavza 1.5,  don't think it is expensive than above mentioned cars,

more specious and comfortable

Neutral Newbie

you dare to driving at Penang? very congestion and confusing traffic there. :pissed-off:

BTW, why will you not drive your own car from Singapore to there? support your car is a 7 seat MPV or SUV, absolutely cheaper than 6 persons air tickets

Did drive to Penang twice before like 10 yrs back .. age catching up .. not sure still can tahan such long drive .. but now air ticket for 6 is around S$500 .. at lease the kids get to take aeroplane

Neutral Newbie

rent a 7-seater MPV lah, such as Avavza 1.5,  don't think it is expensive than above mentioned cars,

more specious and comfortable

to 13177  and MQX87511 .. thanks for the reply .. might consider the ALZA 1.5 MPV since is different of RM48 for 3days 

Driving in Penang is madness ... the traffic really terrible ...just be careful of the motorbikes as too many on the road with you !

Driving in Penang is madness ... the traffic really terrible ...just be careful of the motorbikes as too many on the road with you !

Ha... fully agree with you. If people can complain in Stomp over minor infractions, I foresee them vomiting blood by the buckets when driving in Penang - if they manage to avoid killing a motorcyclist or two.

FYI, my colleagues from KL told me KL people sibei dulan those driving vehicles with registration numbers that start with "P" and "J". 

Btw, why are we replying to such old thread :)

• Praise 1

(edited)

Did not own either but sat in both before.

As a passenger, the Almera is much more spacious than compared to city, in terms of rear legroom

Edited by Aventa
↡ Advertisement