2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

maybe can knock off another $4k for trade-in and other rebates from insurance and finance...possible to buy at $94.8k...MTL

Subaru sales margin extremely high, check LTA basic cost, they have a lot of room to lower down their price. Coming bidding expected to soften some more, wait for $87k, get your 2.0L Impreza at 1.6L cost
↡ Advertisement

I got the 1.6L when Coe was 43k,but I got a 36k one

You are not alone, just looked at the latest pricing of Impreza, they just devalued their own car... feel so short change by MI

Subaru sales margin extremely high, check LTA basic cost, they have a lot of room to lower down their price. Coming bidding expected to soften some more, wait for $87k, get your 2.0L Impreza at 1.6L cost

I am thinking of getting one of these;

1)Impreza

2)Forester

3)Mazda 6

1 & 2 are the cheapest today compared to M6.

I would like to have a taller SUV like Forester, only dislike is the manual hand brake. Both 1&2 having rather same spec & features.

Mazda 6, to me it looks quite executive look and thus nicer.

Compare these 3, who fares better;

1) Reliability in terms of breakdown

2) Maintenance & parts replacement

3) Spaciousness with 2 young kids

4) Riding comfort

Thanks

• Praise 1

You may be on to something here, I booked my during motor show and looking at the latest prices, they might as well convince the existing people who booked with them, that we got screwed by MI including myself.

What was a good day just turned south, should have just gone the more reputable JPN, at least they wonât screwed the prices and leave a sour taste.

However, my Friend brought a Ford last December and when the price fell too much, they call him back to lower the price, guess they have them a customer for life now.

Also, I asked to change model, but was told not allowed, whereas my SE in VW whom I deal with in 2015 was willing to let me, and have the car handled over not the same day of registration, whereas MI need 2-3 days and not to mentioned another 2 weeks to get the car ready even though it is ex-stock... I regretted when I first brought my forestor from them in 2009 and looks like 2 time also not going as well, if I buy from them again, it will take a miracle.

Do consider this when buying from them, thought I will like to think Subaru make decent car, but the dealers just not cutting it, else I will reckon, they will have a bigger share of the market, if they were more sincere rather than trying to screw with their customer.

Who to blame but myself since I signed on the dotted line on my whole free will...

I was considering Impreza 1.6 sometime in sep last year, was quoted ard 98k thn, the sales person claims that it's one of the most reasonable priced Japanese sedan but when I enquired about the omv (it was ard 13k), he said omv doesn't matter blah blah.... but obviously it does when the margin was derived from there. Luckily I couldn't bring myself to commit to them making a margin of 20k for a non premium brand.
  • Praise 1

You may be on to something here, I booked my during motor show and looking at the latest prices, they might as well convince the existing people who booked with them, that we got screwed by MI including myself.

What was a good day just turned south, should have just gone the more reputable JPN, at least they wonât screwed the prices and leave a sour taste.

However, my Friend brought a Ford last December and when the price fell too much, they call him back to lower the price, guess they have them a customer for life now.

Also, I asked to change model, but was told not allowed, whereas my SE in VW whom I deal with in 2015 was willing to let me, and have the car handled over not the same day of registration, whereas MI need 2-3 days and not to mentioned another 2 weeks to get the car ready even though it is ex-stock... I regretted when I first brought my forestor from them in 2009 and looks like 2 time also not going as well, if I buy from them again, it will take a miracle.

Do consider this when buying from them, thought I will like to think Subaru make decent car, but the dealers just not cutting it, else I will reckon, they will have a bigger share of the market, if they were more sincere rather than trying to screw with their customer.

Who to blame but myself since I signed on the dotted line on my whole free will...

I was considering Impreza 1.6 sometime in sep last year, was quoted ard 98k thn, the sales person claims that it's one of the most reasonable priced Japanese sedan but when I enquired about the omv (it was ard 13k), he said omv doesn't matter blah blah.... but obviously it does when the margin was derived from there. Luckily I couldn't bring myself to commit to them making a margin of 20k for a non premium brand.

I am thinking of getting one of these;

1)Impreza

2)Forester

3)Mazda 6

1 & 2 are the cheapest today compared to M6.

I would like to have a taller SUV like Forester, only dislike is the manual hand brake. Both 1&2 having rather same spec & features.

Mazda 6, to me it looks quite executive look and thus nicer.

Compare these 3, who fares better;

1) Reliability in terms of breakdown

2) Maintenance & parts replacement

3) Spaciousness with 2 young kids

4) Riding comfort

Thanks

Sorry, I cannot give you an advice as I didn't seat in one of them before.

But by looking at the options u have listed. These 3 cars are in different category. Forester is compare to cx5, impreza is compare to Mazda 3.

For Mazda 6, I think is another class up!

• Praise 1

Definitely, they keep the omv low so that their margin is significantly higher than Toyota or Honda, maybe that could explains why they don’t need the volume.

I driven a subaru before, and it is definitely a decent car, maybe I should look at Korea more seriously on the next round of car scouting, since car is but a liability in Singapore.

• Praise 1

Definitely, they keep the omv low so that their margin is significantly higher than Toyota or Honda, maybe that could explains why they donât need the volume.

I driven a subaru before, and it is definitely a decent car, maybe I should look at Korea more seriously on the next round of car scouting, since car is but a liability in Singapore.

It's a status symbol as well

Definitely, they keep the omv low so that their margin is significantly higher than Toyota or Honda, maybe that could explains why they don’t need the volume.

MI's real main actually not that high.

There are extra and hidden costs

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 1

Earlier reply should be "margin" and not "main"

Definitely, they keep the omv low so that their margin is significantly higher than Toyota or Honda, maybe that could explains why they donât need the volume.

It's a transport need.

Can someone recommend a decent SE to me pls.

Went to subaru tpy to test drive the impreza this afternoon, encounter this lady SE. I asked any freebies, she replied "anything u see in the car are free", I almost fell off the chair.

• Praise 1

Went to subaru tpy to test drive the impreza this afternoon, encounter this lady SE. I asked any freebies, she replied "anything u see in the car are free", I almost fell off the chair.

Yup, I praise you for being smart enough to walk away. I buy cars from only male sales persons now. Easier to talk to. I recommend Timothy at Leng kee.

I went in Subaru show yesterday. Tested drive the XV and Forester.

Both ride seems good, with XV having that extra eye-sight but I dun really like the look of it externally.

(Flatten & long head from the side profile) even though it is a higher vehicle which I like.

Forester lacks the eye-sight, still with the manual hand brake. The ride is actually more delightful than XV

with its high sit up position. And I like its look over the XV.

They quoted me a attractive same price for both, all below $100K. My wife was overwhelmed by the low price,

but I said lets go next door to have a second look ... and that's it.

I have to say bye bye to Forester and Subaru, and confirmed with another Jap car next door :P

What an arrogant response, good that you are not giving your business to this lady. MI does tag your name to the SE who served you first, so you have to be very firm in requesting for another person. My SE isn't the best but at least gets the job done properly, so PM me if you want his contact. 

So actually did you fall off from the chair?
↡ Advertisement