2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

Yes, i test drove on that day. In fact, i brought my cheque book, and was going to make a booking after the test drive. I didnt expect too much freebies, and would make the booking if the SE gave me the standard ones like front car cam, solar film and probably an extra set of car mat. However, the one serving me really "exceed my expectation", and left me with no choice but walk out.

Yes, I too find most of their SE attitude poor but there are exceptions. almost end up buying but on that faithful day, i stopped by mazda first and the SE 'influrence' my decision. Nah, it is also my own practical reasons. 

↡ Advertisement

Yes, I too find most of their SE attitude poor but there are exceptions. almost end up buying but on that faithful day, i stopped by mazda first and the SE 'influrence' my decision. Nah, it is also my own practical reasons.

I was monitoring Mazda 3 2L for close to a year until MI started selling the 2L impreza with eyesight. Mazda 3 is a good car, but compare to impreza, it has only 4 airbags, and the ride is a bit noisy, and price also a bit high.

Notice TEK was very aggressive in mazda pricing recently, mazda 6 basic model was going for 106k, very tempted, but it is a huge car to me (4.8m+ in length), and not easy to move around in those narrow multi storey carpark.

Anyway, that s just my view and i have to say the mazda se was very proactive, updated me with promotions every now and then via whatsapp, although i didnt bother to reply him.

Btw, cat B COE dropped 3k, but MI never reduce impreza price, very arrogant siah!

Alamak....buy car oso muz appeal?

Not going to appeal, only 1 month, just wait since MI never reduce price.

The next 4 COE bidding are all 2 weeks apart, I think cat B COE will drop another 4 to 5k, I will wait patiently till the price drop further

I went to Subaru show room as this is another alternative Japanese brand car with well spec and good comment by existing driver.

Really disappointed with the SE service at the show room, seriously attitude problem with the SE at MI. You don’t feel want to get a sale from them!!!

Any PI for Subaru car in Singapore?

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

I went to Subaru show room as this is another alternative Japanese brand car with well spec and good comment by existing driver.

Really disappointed with the SE service at the show room, seriously attitude problem with the SE at MI. You donât feel want to get a sale from them!!!

Not all bad.

Mine was good, though Frank.

And who wants pi for a non mainstream car?

Heck, i would rather buy the Hyundai Elantra (2nd on my list ) rather than pi them.

Or Mazda is also fine.

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 1

Really disappointed with the SE service at the show room, seriously attitude problem with the SE at MI. You don’t feel want to get a sale from them!!!

Buy car don't let emotion override your decision. you only deal with SE at most few hours throughout the entire transsaction. he has to serves because you are the one paying. if that is the car, get a good recommendation. if that is not, dont borther. just go an irritate when got time. hehe

• Praise 3

Last year I went to Subaru showroom at Leng Kee, I and my family even walk a few around, but there was no SE coming to entertain me, even though there was two SE at the counter talking to each other.

I guess they are not hungry for sales.

• Praise 1

Last year I went to Subaru showroom at Leng Kee, I and my family even walk a few around, but there was no SE coming to entertain me, even though there was two SE at the counter talking to each other.

That exactly I & my family facing when entered the show room, think the SE was more than 2 at that time
  • Praise 1

they are the attas jap brand so that is what they perceived. but if truely you like it, just ask, they cannot dont serve. i have done that  before. dont let SE influence the decision. you are the one paying. spend $ must be happy. 

Partly also could be for Subaru cars, a lot of buyers come in already having fully researched the car and SE stepping in only mar the experience when they spout wrong info.

Hence, after getting burned, they decide that best to wait till buyer approach them for test drive or pricing.

Of course, the better way for them is to improve their knowledge rather than hide away from buyer.

Also, they can brush up their salesmanship to help with swaying the other family members to the (usually) guy's preference of buying the Subaru vs other family members who may not be convinced yet.

I have experienced both types of SE at MI - some will approach you (whether they can give value-add or not is another matter) and some wait for you to approach them.

Other ADs don't have this much pressure as e.g. typical Toyota-buying uncle will not ask much technical questions and ask the SE more about pricing etc.  Subaru buyers will ask about AWD maintenance, Eyesight, Apple Car Play, Android Auto.... (even when the buyer may already know the answers)

Edited by jg2000
  • Praise 2

Ok la, it's not that they are not hungry for sales but rather they are not those kind of pushy type. Some of these will let the people see look molest the car song song before they come and ask can I help you.  [laugh]

Partly also could be for Subaru cars, a lot of buyers come in already having fully researched the car and SE stepping in only mar the experience when they spout wrong info.

Hence, after getting burned, they decide that best to wait till buyer approach them for test drive or pricing.

Of course, the better way for them is to improve their knowledge rather than hide away from buyer.

Also, they can brush up their salesmanship to help with swaying the other family members to the (usually) guy's preference of buying the Subaru vs other family members who may not be convinced yet.

I have experienced both types of SE at MI - some will approach you (whether they can give value-add or not is another matter) and some wait for you to approach them.

Other ADs don't have this much pressure as e.g. typical Toyota-buying uncle will not ask much technical questions and ask the SE more about pricing etc. Subaru buyers will ask about AWD maintenance, Eyesight, Apple Car Play, Android Auto.... (even when the buyer may already know the answers)

I'm the Toyota uncle.

I saw,i looked,I tested,I thought,I bought.

I saw that the car was selling at 95k,then got it at 90300.

Since it costs 5k more then than Elantra S and feels better,why not?

I am also afraid of maintenance cost,still quite scared despite making the leap

Edited by Brass
  • Praise 3

I'm the Toyota uncle.

I saw,i looked,I tested,I thought,I bought.

I saw that the car was selling at 95k,then got it at 90300.

Since it costs 5k more then than Elantra S and feels better,why not?

I am also afraid of maintenance cost,still quite scared despite making the leap

If compare AD routine maintenance prices vs other BnB ADs, about average. Not the most expensive. Not the cheapest. 

Subura reputed to be hardy. So cross finger that no repair costs. 

• Praise 1

Chill bro, this is a common issue when buying from MI. Maybe you can share with us how he/she gave you attitude? If you really want the car still, just insist on a different SE. End of the day, it's your money so must be happy spending it. 

• Praise 3

Said to say...most SE there are like Lucky Plaza or Sim Lim Square...appear to suck as much from you as possible. 

Technical knowledge to close to ZERO. Even their sales knowledge in term of price they are also very bad.

They only have a few who knows what's going one, service center also jialat...as last year there were 'mass" resignation according to insider. One time, oil level top up issue for a number of car that went in for 1st servicing.

• Praise 1

Ok la, it's not that they are not hungry for sales but rather they are not those kind of pushy type. Some of these will let the people see look molest the car song song before they come and ask can I help you.  [laugh]

I tot it was the slipper, short and old t shirt. Went there during last year CNY after visiting relative, was treated differently.

But the least they can do is to greet and acknowledge customer's presence right? If the customers do not need their help, most will sound out and tell SE that they will call them if they needed help. So far bad experience for me in Showrooms are Toyota, Mazda and now I hear Subaru. Kia most willing to serve but will hard sell.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1