2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

4th Gear

Hi, collecting the 5DR next month.  

When test driving, the only gripe I have was the damned audio.  The speakers are definitely going to be thrown out.

Question is, how's the Panasonic head unit? 

What's the model number and do you have link to online manual download ?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

When test driving, the only gripe I have was the damned audio.  The speakers are definitely going to be thrown out.

Thanks.

The manual will come with the car when you collect it. 

post-595-0-49701300-1527145226_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

MI Singapore cut off all the features of subaru entertainment system, cannot use starlink can not use "my subaru"  bla bla

however, its a basic head unit, simple and easy to use 

Thanks.

hi All:

my impreza 4D, the Tyre pressure of right and left a totally different 

my left hand side tyre is 240/245  while my right is 275/275

i asked the sales person he just said its normal...

anybody knows about this ???   thanks thanks for info

4th Gear

I think the model number in the manual is an OEM number, not direct consumers.  Didn't get a hit on Google.

I was hoping to get hold of a copy online to plan what needs to be done at the same time when I got the stock speakers swapped out.  Do I need amplifier for the 4 speakers, do I need to switch to Pioneer 9150....

In the mean time, could you look up for me the power rating, like how many W RMS per channel at 4 ohm ?  

Thanks.

The manual will come with the car when you collect it. 

attachicon.gifIMG-20180515-WA0016.jpg

4th Gear

Are you saying FL 240, FR 275, RL 245 & RR 275 ?  Are you reading from the TPMS that comes with the car ?

This and the advice are definitely not normal.  What will be acceptable is front tyres higher than rear because of the heat from the engine.

Get yourself a digital tyre gauge (costs only a few dollars) to see if it matches that of the TPMS.

Immediately, you'll need to make sure the pressure for all 4 are the same (when cold).

hi All:

my left hand side tyre is 240/245  while my right is 275/275

anybody knows about this ???   thanks thanks for info

MI Singapore cut off all the features of subaru entertainment system, cannot use starlink can not use "my subaru" bla bla

however, its a basic head unit, simple and easy to use

hi All:

my left hand side tyre is 240/245 while my right is 275/275

anybody knows about this ??? thanks thanks for info

Ya loh, it’s Panasonic unit which don’t have Apple CarPlay too. But I remember the test drive car have it. Don’t know why it’s removed.

Mine tyre is front left 260, front right 250, back left 235 and back right 290. Much worse than yours! The difference so big for the back 2 tyres.

(edited)

Going to Malaysia soon. Have the 1.6. What is the max speed that I should go at?

130 km/hr safer maximum.

Safety and legal reasons

Actual legal speed limit of course lower

Edited by jg2000

3rd Gear
(edited)

Nonsense on heat from engine cause higher front temp. I pump all equal and they remain same or rear will be higher by 5 to 10.

Tyres pressure depend on load. If only front pax front will be around 235 when cold with rear 225/230. After a few minutes of driving, you will see the pressure going up.

If carry rear pax, pressure can be same. Look at driver side, indicate in pax configuration to the pressure.

You also need to set the TPMS setting via pressing and holding down the Button at the driver dash panel side, then select the correcting setting 1,2 or 3. Can’t remember which setting is for what, so go read the manual.

Can check pressure based on the pump readin vs TPMS, no need to buy simi digital gage. Or go other petrol station compare the pump reading with TPMS

Edited by 999
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, anyone interested in legal Exhaust for our impreza? I have contacted Garage R the authorized distributor for HKS exhaust. We need at least 50 orders before HKS Japan will produce for our make. Can we have a show of hands . Thank and please support.

• Praise 1

Hi All, anyone interested in legal Exhaust for our impreza? I have contacted Garage R the authorized distributor for HKS exhaust. We need at least 50 orders before HKS Japan will produce for our make. Can we have a show of hands . Thank and please support.

Any photo or indicative price ?

Neutral Newbie

No photo because not yet produce. There is another exhaust for hatchback USA can reference there. Go HKS website, look for Subaru part list. As for the price, we just need to pay a deposit of $500 and should cost around estimated $1500. We need the headcount in order for Garage R to let Japan know quantity is there. Final price will be decided later. Thanks.

• Praise 1

4th Gear

Nonsense is too strong a word, isn't it?

Just because you didn't observe it in your car doesn't mean temperature does not affect air pressure.  

Nonsense on heat from engine cause higher front temp. I pump all equal and they remain same or rear will be higher by 5 to 10.
Tyres pressure depend on load. If only front pax front will be around 235 when cold with rear 225/230. After a few minutes of driving, you will see the pressure going up.
If carry rear pax, pressure can be same. Look at driver side, indicate in pax configuration to the pressure.
You also need to set the TPMS setting via pressing and holding down the Button at the driver dash panel side, then select the correcting setting 1,2 or 3. Can’t remember which setting is for what, so go read the manual.
Can check pressure based on the pump readin vs TPMS, no need to buy simi digital gage. Or go other petrol station compare the pump reading with TPMS

• Praise 1

3rd Gear

Nonsense is too strong a word, isn't it?

Just because you didn't observe it in your car doesn't mean temperature does not affect air pressure.

Nope, Your original post is engine heat causing front tyre pressure to increase now you change to temperature affects the pressure.

Car designer obviously knows about heat transfer which is why there’s firewall or insulation to prevent heat transfer.

Secondly, my observation is oil temp can rise to 102 from 97, with coolent from 92 to 96 or higher when the in a jam, yet TPMS do not show any changes in front tyre pressure. Even when Air intake temp rise about 20 degree, there’s no changes when you are stationary.

Thirdly, if engine heat can cause change, manufacturer would have written to owner to take note of it.

Googled, does engine heat affects car, cannot find any article. No result.

4th Gear

Yes, that's what I said,  heat from engine (if in the front) dissipates to the front tyres, heating up the tyres and thus increasing air pressure inside the tyres.

You've lots of faith in car designer, firewall and insulation and all that, don't you.  Strange that when engine is running, why touching the bonnet and standing by the side of the front tyres also feel hot.  Your's doesn't ?  Your car must be specially designed for you by your faithful designer.

Based on your anecdotal observations, are you saying rise in temperature does not increase air pressure ?

Perhaps you might want to have your TPMS checked, my friend.

Nope, Your original post is engine heat causing front tyre pressure to increase now you change to temperature affects the pressure.
Car designer obviously knows about heat transfer which is why there’s firewall or insulation to prevent heat transfer.
Secondly, my observation is oil temp can rise to 102 from 97, with coolent from 92 to 96 or higher when the in a jam, yet TPMS do not show any changes in front tyre pressure. Even when Air intake temp rise about 20 degree, there’s no changes when you are stationary.
Thirdly, if engine heat can cause change, manufacturer would have written to owner to take note of it.
Googled, does engine heat affects car, cannot find any article. No result.

3rd Gear
(edited)

Yes, that's what I said, heat from engine (if in the front) dissipates to the front tyres, heating up the tyres and thus increasing air pressure inside the tyres.

You've lots of faith in car designer, firewall and insulation and all that, don't you. Strange that when engine is running, why touching the bonnet and standing by the side of the front tyres also feel hot. Your's doesn't ? Your car must be specially designed for you by your faithful designer.

Based on your anecdotal observations, are you saying rise in temperature does not increase air pressure ?

Perhaps you might want to have your TPMS checked, my friend.

I did not say temp does not affect pressure, I disagree heat from engine via convection, conduction or radiation affects the tyre.

If u don’t believe in the car designer why buy the car?

Your car tyre is on bonnet? Then maybe your tyre will be hotter.

My TPMS working just fine, When doing weekly or biweekly tyre pump, already confirm both reading are same. No need to pull pants down to fart. But thanks.

BTW, I’ve provided data, where’s yours?

Edited by 999
  • Praise 1