2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

Yeahh, I'd say I'm quite sure because that's what the tripmeter shows. Like I said it's about 1-2 bars left when I'm around the 420km mark.

I don't think I'm very heavy-footed when driving so I'm not sure what it is. [confused]

On a full tank I get about 70-80km in before the first bar drops. I don't measure the subsequent ones though, because the next thing I see is how much it gets once it drops to about 1-2 bars.

Hi Super,

As mentioned by bro Teo, it is all about the following in descending order of impact:

- city/hwy ratio aka route aka how often you are and isn't on the less efficient lower gears

- driving style aka how aggressive you accelerate from standstill and if you chiong on lane one

- added weight of extra passengers, rear load, including spare tyres if any etc.

It is the same car, same engine and tuned the same from factory unless petrol leak or failed injection, spark ignition etc. but doubt these failures since brand new.

My forester for full tank can range from 500km for 70/30 hwy/city to 400 for 30/70 hwy/city.

Enjoy your ride and dun worry too much on petrol cost ... we already dumb enuff to pay 100k+ for a car to drive in Singapore .. excluding another possibly 80k for petrol, insurance, parking, road tax, repairs, fines etc.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi Super,

As mentioned by bro Teo, it is all about the following in descending order of impact:

- city/hwy ratio aka route aka how often you are and isn't on the less efficient lower gears

- driving style aka how aggressive you accelerate from standstill and if you chiong on lane one

- added weight of extra passengers, rear load, including spare tyres if any etc.

It is the same car, same engine and tuned the same from factory unless petrol leak or failed injection, spark ignition etc. but doubt these failures since brand new.

My forester for full tank can range from 500km for 70/30 hwy/city to 400 for 30/70 hwy/city.

Enjoy your ride and dun worry too much on petrol cost ... we already dumb enuff to pay 100k+ for a car to drive in Singapore .. excluding another possibly 80k for petrol, insurance, parking, road tax, repairs, fines etc.

Cheers.

Richard

Richard, yours XT lah fuel guzzler  [:p]

but 400km only for last mark is too high consumption unless lots of city driving.

my XV averaging 10.5km/l with last mark probably hitting about 550km+, ~70% highway to work weekdays and weekend shorter city trips.

Richard, yours XT lah fuel guzzler [:p]

but 400km only for last mark is too high consumption unless lots of city driving.

my XV averaging 10.5km/l with last mark probably hitting about 550km+, ~70% highway to work weekdays and weekend shorter city trips.

Hi Sarion,

I go by empty light and auto stop at petrol pump for mentioned 400-500km range .. about 50l or 8km/l which is not uncommon in forester toxic group.

Actually 8km/l is not too bad .. colleague's glc250 at same 350nm torque and slightly lower 230+ bhp is about 8.5km/l but again we both stay near office for mostly short trip.

400km is not worst .. if 90% city driving as in isolated weeks, it is 350km nia which is fortunately not often ..lol !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Yeahh, I'd say I'm quite sure because that's what the tripmeter shows. Like I said it's about 1-2 bars left when I'm around the 420km mark.

I don't think I'm very heavy-footed when driving so I'm not sure what it is.  [confused]

On a full tank I get about 70-80km in before the first bar drops. I don't measure the subsequent ones though, because the next thing I see is how much it gets once it drops to about 1-2 bars.

Tire under inflated? Inflate 20 psi higher than door label when tire is cold

Try have bigger separation distance to car in front (say 3 car lengths) 

Above 2 easiest to do and have impact

Below harder and takes time

Don't over press the accelerator.  On the cvt, beyond certain amount of pressing is all wasted energy.  

Edited by jg2000

To maximise coasting is to minimise wearing out brake pads.  Coasting saves fuel, minimises wearing out pads and rotors, brake dusts, ...To do well, it's very important to anticipate way ahead for stoppage.

Here are situations that are beyond the driver's control: I figure going up multi-storey car park is sucking out lots of juice and wasting fuel and wear on the brakes.  For some traffic lights these days, it can take around 2.5 minutes to turn green again.

I've come to a stage where I'll instinctively disable the auto-engine off upon cranking up the power plant.  It doesn't work when I use the electronic brake all the time.  I rarely get caught in jams because I plan travel outside peak hours. 

So for me, daily commute to work and back is where I gain fuel efficiency.  Leisure travel is where I lose mileage.

Wow! Those are pretty good numbers.... I think?

Unfortunately for me, I seem to be managing about 420+ km on a full tank? I haven't really tried measuring exactly how much but by the time it gets to 1 or 2 bars, i'm at the 400+ mark.

I try to coast as much as I can, and cut off the engine at traffic lights, but I still don't get very good mileage on the car. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong...

• Praise 1

To maximise coasting is to minimise wearing out brake pads. Coasting saves fuel, minimises wearing out pads and rotors, brake dusts, ...To do well, it's very important to anticipate way ahead for stoppage.

Here are situations that are beyond the driver's control: I figure going up multi-storey car park is sucking out lots of juice and wasting fuel and wear on the brakes. For some traffic lights these days, it can take around 2.5 minutes to turn green again.

I've come to a stage where I'll instinctively disable the auto-engine off upon cranking up the power plant. It doesn't work when I use the electronic brake all the time. I rarely get caught in jams because I plan travel outside peak hours.

So for me, daily commute to work and back is where I gain fuel efficiency. Leisure travel is where I lose mileage.

Totally agree about the last point... leisure travel within Singapore is huge fuel guzzler cos the leisure areas are clogged with traffic...

Hi Super,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that. Didn't think about the city/highway thingie so now it makes sense why sometimes the mileage is lesser on a full tank (the on-screen display is forecasting 320km on a full tank  [bigcry] )

Haha, agreed on the being dumb enough to pay that much for a car. Sigh.

• Praise 2

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that. Didn't think about the city/highway thingie so now it makes sense why sometimes the mileage is lesser on a full tank (the on-screen display is forecasting 320km on a full tank [bigcry] )

Hi Super,

Dun worry too much about the on screen display .. it just estimate the forecasted 320km based on last trip make.

On the other hand, you can also top up petrol when emptied and make the initial round island cruise of 100km via hwy in middle of the nite with no traffic and it will shows fantastic forecast which will drop once you go back to routine city/hwy ratio .. and vice versa.

Yes, big difference of stopstart traffic vs cruising on the hwy.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Impreza 2.0 bros with eyesight,

Has any bro declared/insured the solar film on front windscreen to insurers and if successful, kindly advise which insurer pls ?

As you are probably awared, MI does not installed solar film on front windscreen due to concern on interference with eyesight as advised by Subaru Japan/Fuji Industries while side windows are ok.

I did not proceed with booking the planned imprezza 5D due to this issue since I cannot accept that MI leave it to me to risk non claim by insurers under "non declaration of fitting non standard oem equipment" clause.

Had also asked XV bros with eyesight in their thread here while this will also help potential buyer of new 2019 forester.

Thanks and regards.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Hi Richard,

Thanks for that. Didn't think about the city/highway thingie so now it makes sense why sometimes the mileage is lesser on a full tank (the on-screen display is forecasting 320km on a full tank [bigcry] )

Hi Superhowe,

Most welcomed ...

No lah, just kidding on all of us spending big $ on car ...life is short and it is nice to have one to enhanced quality of life especially with your love ones.

It may even push you to work harder and fulfil more wishes than just a car but guess just ensure do not buy a bmw 7 series if need to stretch beyond a more manageable bmw 5 series .. else no fun and not funny liao !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi.is there a particular radiator coolant we got to use for Subaru Impreza 2018?.

Hi Pancgom,

Yes .. pls refer to your user manual as I can only show you mine for my forester xt's but should be same same and you can also use equivalent or "better" aftermkt ones.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-72130900-1539756148_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

Having strolled around,I saw that there is already some tomica models (and had bought one) for the Subaru Impreza... though I won't be putting it in my car(given),as it is too cluttered.

Now I have two Subaru Imprezas.(don't flame me...I'm plain bored.)

The model is red in colour.(box ...I think I must have displaced it...code 78.)

The silver hatchback is 77.

One picture is for fun.

Thanks.

post-196254-0-98663000-1541933718_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-86166100-1541933736_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-60228000-1541933752_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-81416500-1541933767_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-85493800-1541933782_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-25303600-1541933795_thumb.jpg

post-196254-0-89659400-1541933807_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Subaru WRX STI S209 confirmed for Detroit debut

https://www.evo.co.uk/subaru/wrx-sti/22091/subaru-wrx-sti-s209-confirmed-for-detroit-debut

dwuwhqgwoaal3g-.jpg?itok=H0lXTd_4

Subaru’s headline act at the upcoming Detroit motor show will be a US-market version of the venerable Subaru WRX STI. Dubbed the S209, the newcomer follows codenaming convention normally reserved for the Japanese-only go-faster Impreza models  - the first was the Impreza WRX STI Type-RA S201 back in 2000.

Thanks to a new teaser, we can now see more of what to expect regarding the STI’s motorsport-inspired aesthetics - featuring wheelarch extensions on the already widened STI body for the first time. Similar 19-inch forged BBS wheels finished in a dusty gold finish are also visible, likewise the front canards, quarter vents and a stacked, motorsport-style rear wing.

In Japan, all ‘S20’ models feature significant engine tweaks, usually squeezing a few extra bhp from a high-revving EJ20 2-litre flat-four turbocharged engine that is exclusive to the Japanese market. Outputs for the current Japanese S208 model stand at 320bhp with a heady 8000rpm redline, 24bhp more than the last UK-specification WRX STI Final Edition. That car, as do all non-JDM STI’s featured a 2.5-litre turbocharged unit, with a much lower 6750rpm rev limit. It’s as yet unknown whether the JDM 2-litre engine will be used in the US model. The latest S208 model in Japan also features a water injection system for the intercoolers, similar to that on the latest Porsche 911 GT2 RS, but rather than being automatically controlled it’s operated manually, via a paddle behind the steering wheel, which is so much cooler, if you’ll excuse the pun….

Like he current JDM S208, the new model might also feature a completely revised front subframe, revised suspension wishbones, new Bilstein springs and dampers (adjustable on the front axle), chunkier Brembo brakes and a much faster (11:1) steering rack. A lighter carbonfibre roof, thinner Recaro bucket seats and active torque vectoring were also part of the package, it remains to be seen if they’ll be integrated into the US model.

We’ll find out all the specifics come 14 January, but for now the campaign to bring back the STI to the UK starts here. It may have been in the clutches of high-end hot hatchback rivals like the Honda Civic Type R, but the STI is still a unique entity in the performance car market, especially with that zingy 2-litre motor. We can only hope.

Hey Guys,

Anyone knows where I can get this installed? if I do buy it.

https://www.seicane.com/2018-subaru-xv-android-radio-gps-navigation-system-1024-600-touchscreen-4g-wifi-bluetooth-backup-camera-steering-wheel-control-s301004k-3340

Iâm aware of the whole warranty void warning from MI.

Thanks.

Hi Pancgom,

Aestmod at 23 Geylang Lorong 11 or Autotrend at TPY Lorong 8.

Warranty void by MI should be basicially for removed stock HU and associated connection where is none anyway with this new HU ... there is no blanket void with warranty.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement