2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

On 9/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Ka_kia said:

I think some issues with the impreza are
a) conventional designs with every new models
b) Same 2.0 Liter engine pushing 150 Bhp and 200NM torque of thereof
c) Low PARF value
d) Fuel Drinker

The plus is they are very generous with the modern day car tech and the asking price is low.

I find Toyota cars design r pretty outdated 

Sometimes I don't believe those tiagong this brand is a drinker or that brand fc very good. U will be surprise the information might be incorrect specially from those TL

↡ Advertisement

On 9/29/2019 at 1:20 AM, Kia7200 said:

Recently went to test drive the impreza hb

I was very impressed by this car. The cornering was excellent, quiet, tons of features plus they have this metal rod at the door that act like additional protection

The price is so attractive. Almost feel like booking it on the spot

Hi Kia2000,

5D hb is great looking.

Metal road in door is standard for all modern cars.

Indeed impressive safety and other features and 4W drive cornering ability but no solar film on windscreen by MI due to warning of eyesight by Subaru Japan.

Indeed fantastical price for the total package but went with mazda 6 executive for my wife instead 1 yr ago cos not willing to take no claim insurance risk by putting solar film on windscreen on my own.

Cheers.

Richard

On 9/29/2019 at 1:20 AM, Kia7200 said:

Recently went to test drive the impreza hb

I was very impressed by this car. The cornering was excellent, quiet, tons of features plus they have this metal rod at the door that act like additional protection

The price is so attractive. Almost feel like booking it on the spot

what stopped u then?

my neighbor drives the 5 door version.  quite a handsome looking car

6 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

what stopped u then?

6 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

what stopped u then?

The trade in price for my 2yrs old car

Lose too much money if I traded in and the promotion price must include trading in ur car

6 minutes ago, Sopskysalat said:

dont trade in, top up 2k if i remember correctly.

used to be 2k, but now is 3k

On 9/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, Reo said:

How do you define conventional?  I'm very happy with the hatchback design

Engine is fine.  CVT needs getting used to, if you're new to it.

I'd rather have super low PARF (wonder how MI did it) than to pay upfront incremental ARF many times more than the incremental PARF.

I'm getting 8.7l/100km over more than 10k clocking, about 50/50 ratio.  I wouldn't call it fuel drinker.

Conventional as in to me, the 2017 version front facial is kinda similar to the 2013-16 version.

Not like a radical fresh jump from
Say 2nd gen Mazda 3 to 3rd Gen Mazda 3
Say 9th gen Civic to 10th gen design where its a significant lot of changes. At least to me.

Engine wise, the grip is that they are basically using the same engine for the staple car with the standard 2 litre to achieve 150bhp 200nm torque setup. Getting stale for me and unlike honda offering a 1.5 turbo which is exciting. I mean there use to be the GT version of the impreza but its not here anymore. LOL, the WRX is another class on its own cus of the high $$$$.

FC wise, guess its really subjective on the fuel you use, the driving habits and traffic condition. But on paper, generally a lighter weight, smaller cc displacement with turbo is more fuel efficient.

Still its a value for money ride with it slightly over 91K now.
Just that for me, driving the 2008 version, i get a bit bored with the impreza line up and likely will try others. LOL

On 10/4/2019 at 10:10 AM, Ka_kia said:

Engine wise, the grip is that they are basically using the same engine for the staple car with the standard 2 litre to achieve 150bhp 200nm torque setup. Getting stale for me and unlike honda offering a 1.5 turbo which is exciting. I mean there use to be the GT version of the impreza but its not here anymore. LOL, the WRX is another class on its own cus of the high $$$$.

FC wise, guess its really subjective on the fuel you use, the driving habits and traffic condition. But on paper, generally a lighter weight, smaller cc displacement with turbo is more fuel efficient.

I do agree they're using 2.0 instead of 1.6 for more power and emission standard to be in the authority's band for better economics.  Putting a turbo yields more power and torque and less road tax but better fc is misinformation.  

If adding a turbo but also adding some at least 10k on the price tag I'd rather go for hybrid then.

Edited by Reo

You should compare Impreza to the same class as Avante, Altis, Civic (non-turbo charged), Cerato etc. For sub 90k, it's offering present much better value relative to these 1.6L cars with more safety equipped features and finishing. I will not its over-rated AWD and boxer to pit against those mentioned because I do not find how these two (always advertised) drivetrain has much impact on daily drive.

Last seen at 85k nett around 3 weeks ago when I drove past LK. 

To share this review LOL
https://www.chasingcars.com.au/review/2017-subaru-impreza-2-0i-s-review/

Part of this tendency to rev under acceleration is the Impreza’s comparative lack of torque - 196Nm of torque at a high 4,000rpm - and a circa-1,500kg weight blunt performance considerably. The lack of torque is very noticeable, even just pottering around town, because the throttle needs to be applied hard with every desired movement. Its peak 115kW of power is produced at an also-high 6,000rpm, which means a constant almost-red line noise when power is needed. Getting up to highway speed needs concentration and planning

Is quite concerned with this and thus for me is hesitant to change from 3rd gen impreza to the 5th gen one. LOL

Still may go test drive when current ride bids me goodbye. The price now is slight over $91k and it sure looks attractive with the tech and features it has.

anyone change tyres before at Arrow Tyres? heard the TPMS can be damaged during tyre change so wondering if they could do it well. 

cos only they carry Goodyear AS5, thanks...

Think impreza lowest was 82k a while back if I remember correctly? 

Even at 82k, it ain't selling. Something must be wrong with either MI or the car itself. Test drove before and kinda like the low ride height with minimal body roll. 

Unfortunately the test drive unit had low tyre pressure so the car felt really lethargic and of course the pathetic trade in value offered by the dealer put me off. 

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Think impreza lowest was 82k a while back if I remember correctly? 

Even at 82k, it ain't selling. Something must be wrong with either MI or the car itself. Test drove before and kinda like the low ride height with minimal body roll. 

Unfortunately the test drive unit had low tyre pressure so the car felt really lethargic and of course the pathetic trade in value offered by the dealer put me off. 

I saw more forester n XV otr.

Ppl rather pay more to get a SUV or crossover

Car went in for aircon not being cold..returned 3 days later with with 5 or more problem! Better to get workshop outside rather that those idiot mechanics with screwed up attitude in their work.

Went in servicing within the same month and to rectify the last issue created during air-con servicing. Returned car late afternoon with the same problem I went in servicing for and the next day problem became worst. Workmanship totally sucks.

Edited by 999
add more comment
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1