2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

The product I'm using is this:

http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/products/carcare/glass_coating/ultra_glaco.html?pid=04146

I bought it from taobao at around $20, but think you can try carosell, qoo10 or lazada too.

Lasts a couple of months each time, just reapply when you see the water beading effect wearing off.

Any glass coating solution should work more or less the same.

Ok, thanks.

How about Autobacs?

Does dirt like bird droppings affect the coating, especially after I wiped off the droppings?

↡ Advertisement

Yes, i think autobacs do sell them.

There should be a lot of other brands and options selling cheaper.

I use that one because im lazy, as it is sort of like a roll on applicator, wait for it to dry, then use a dry cloth to wipe off.

Regarding bird shit, never really notice, because we are talking about windscreen here. Unless you forcefully wipe off a piece of dried bird shit, I dont see how it will affect much.

Ok, thanks.
How about Autobacs?

Does dirt like bird droppings affect the coating, especially after I wiped off the droppings?

Yes, i think autobacs do sell them.

There should be a lot of other brands and options selling cheaper.

I use that one because im lazy, as it is sort of like a roll on applicator, wait for it to dry, then use a dry cloth to wipe off.

Regarding bird shit, never really notice, because we are talking about windscreen here. Unless you forcefully wipe off a piece of dried bird shit, I dont see how it will affect much.

Ok, thanks.

I try to look for it if I go to Autobacs next time.

Neutral Newbie

Don't "half clutch" the car on a hill, use the hill stop assist. Damage to CVT.

How does this hill assist work? Do you mind explaining to me how to half clutch? Is it possible in an auto transmission car?

Please pardon my ignorance,hope to learn from everyone here.

By the way, May I ask if anyone know how long does the HDB season parking application takes effect when applying online? Is it immediate or have to wait for a couple of days?

I noticed that some members posted about the issue of overfilled engine oil, is that an issue with brand new cars or only after the 1st servicing?

Thanks in advance! =)

Edited by MRI

Same same lar... just bolt on the turbocharger lor... the spark plugs are meant to last very long cos of the difficulty in reaching it due to the flat four configuration...

Replace every 150k KM is Exclusive to Subaru only ?
  • Praise 1

How does this hill assist work? Do you mind explaining to me how to half clutch? Is it possible in an auto transmission car?

Please pardon my ignorance,hope to learn from everyone here.

By the way, May I ask if anyone know how long does the HDB season parking application takes effect when applying online? Is it immediate or have to wait for a couple of days?

I noticed that some members posted about the issue of overfilled engine oil, is that an issue with brand new cars or only after the 1st servicing?

Thanks in advance! =)

Button near your gear shift. Once depress, green light of a car on a slope lights up on your dash.

Drive normally and when you stop on a slop, depress the brake as usual. Once you lift you foot off brake pedal, the car will not roll back as the parking brake will be auto engage. Just drive off normally.

The "half clutch" is similar to manual car without the clutch. Some people will put the foot on the accelerator to hold the car on the slope, that is bad for CVT or Dual Clutch transmission. Damage the clutch on the CVT.

Season parking is immediate in effect.

Engine oil overfilling are those 1st batch servicing. Now should be back to normal.

Replace every 150k KM is Exclusive to Subaru only ?

Depend on spark plug type. Normal usually 40K Km. Platinium/Iridium are 100K Km

Subaru CVT is not equipped with clutch. It is torque converter.

Therefore, can use engine to do hill hold. Still, not advisable.

Button near your gear shift. Once depress, green light of a car on a slope lights up on your dash.

Drive normally and when you stop on a slop, depress the brake as usual. Once you lift you foot off brake pedal, the car will not roll back as the parking brake will be auto engage. Just drive off normally.

The "half clutch" is similar to manual car without the clutch. Some people will put the foot on the accelerator to hold the car on the slope, that is bad for CVT or Dual Clutch transmission. Damage the clutch on the CVT.

Engine oil overfilling are those 1st batch servicing. Now should be back to normal.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that. Wondering if most of the owners here use the hill assist function often?

Neutral Newbie

Do you mean it is not advisable to step on the accelerator to do hill hold or not advisable to use the hill hold button function?
  • Praise 1

Very useful when stuck in a jam on a slope inside a carpark.

Prevents car from rolling back.

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that. Wondering if most of the owners here use the hill assist function often?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Can I ask all the experts here what I should look for when collecting the car? I have read through the new car checklist which was one of the sticky threads. But wanted to ask the owners here if there are any specific issues or pointers for this car that I should be aware of when collecting it? =)

Still have lock up clutch no? Anyway don't want to intro a new term, torque convertor to him making him even blur

Do you mean it is not advisable to step on the accelerator to do hill hold or not advisable to use the hill hold button function?

See what I mean?  

Just use hill assist. DO NOT use accelerator pedal.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The product I'm using is this:

http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/products/carcare/glass_coating/ultra_glaco.html?pid=04146

I bought it from taobao at around $20, but think you can try carosell, qoo10 or lazada too.

Lasts a couple of months each time, just reapply when you see the water beading effect wearing off.

Any glass coating solution should work more or less the same.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have the same issue of wiper squeaking.

Initially was Ok, but then subsequent wipes came out the squeaking sound.

For the Glaco, there seems to be many grades and terms, coating or repellant etc.

Guess your choice of ultra glaco is for being more effective?

• Praise 1

is the current promo price of $91.8 real? if it is.. then damn good offer! shd have waited instead of buying elantra haha

Elantra a good choice too but one thing I dont like is the dash...too boxlike.

Those vent seats in our hot climate will be great.

Elantra a good choice too but one thing I dont like is the dash...too boxlike.

Those vent seats in our hot climate will be great.

now all trims of elantra don't come with ventilation seats

I was researching on why wiper judders previously, and it seem to be related to water repelling agent being coat on the windscreen (ceramic/glass coating or glass water repellent type of products)

However, I like the water beading and water sliding off the windscreen effect, which is why I still apply them.

Just have to keep the auto wipers off when there is light rain.

No issues to keep the wipers on during heavy rain.

Thanks for the recommendations.
I have the same issue of wiper squeaking.
Initially was Ok, but then subsequent wipes came out the squeaking sound.

For the Glaco, there seems to be many grades and terms, coating or repellant etc.
Guess your choice of ultra glaco is for being more effective?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1