2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

I presume your 'floor it' is done in cvt way - i.e. step accelerator a bit first to 'feel' the cvt chain has 'catch' the pulley properly and there is no lag feel, then progressively floor it. Then should not feel lag.

Car reviewer way of floor it by stepping accelerator all way down immediately guaranteed to produce lag in lower power cvt car like the impreza.

Hi jg2000,

Tks .. it is just sluggish and tuned as such... cvt since 12 yrs ago with estima disregarding the current forester xt.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi jg2000,

Tks .. it is just sluggish and tuned as such... cvt since 12 yrs ago with estima disregarding the current forester xt.

Cheers.

Richard

Have heard some people do ecu tuning and feel that their cvt feel less selfish. 

Not sure how true

• Praise 1

Yes, seems like everything but the kitchen sink is thrown in.

The icing on the cake will be electric gate (5DR).

Eyesight, bsm, tpms, dimmer rear view mirror etc. all included quite cool and of course awd.

• Praise 1

With such a small, short and light tailgate, electrical assistance isnt necessary. It does not have memory seating, and ventilated seats though. The passenger seat isnt electrically adjustable as well .

Good to hear you don't need it.  Not even when both hands are busy ?

With such a small, short and light tailgate, electrical assistance isnt necessary. It does not have memory seating, and ventilated seats though. The passenger seat isnt electrically adjustable as well .

Edited by Reo
  • Praise 1

Hi Reo,

Easily fitted with aftermarket one ... add also kick sensors for about sgd1k.

One surprised shortcoming in addition to ventilated, passenger electric and memory seats is that it also does not have rear aircon but not 200k car leh.

Cheers,

Richard

Not sure how true

Hi Jg2000,

Probably but either FC or durability will be enhanced and hence gearbox (and engine) warranty will be void after such tuning lol !

Cheers,

Richard

1k is too much for the convenience I'll derive from it.  Good that it's kickable too.  Does it have remote opening from the driver's seat and wireless remote ?  With this car as is, I need to get out of my car every time to drop off golf bag.

It's all about expectations, isn't it?  I don't expect memory seats from this price point as you rightly stated.  Anyways, I've previously owned a car that has memory seat on both front that would recognise which setting depending on who drives the car (from the fob).  But for me, I can do without it.  Oh yes, I should've mentioned wifey has her car.

Indeed it should have rear aicon outlet.  If you've no audio components installed under front seats, aircon duct extension might help.

Have you ordered or collected the car ?

Hi Reo,

Easily fitted with aftermarket one ... add also kick sensors for about sgd1k.

One surprised shortcoming in addition to ventilated, passenger electric and memory seats is that it also does not have rear aircon but not 200k car leh.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Jg2000,

Probably but either FC or durability will be enhanced and hence gearbox (and engine) warranty will be void after such tuning lol !

Cheers,

Richard

1k is too much for the convenience I'll derive from it. Good that it's kickable too. Does it have remote opening from the driver's seat and wireless remote ? With this car as is, I need to get out of my car every time to drop off golf bag.

It's all about expectations, isn't it? I don't expect memory seats from this price point as you rightly stated. Anyways, I've previously owned a car that has memory seat on both front that would recognise which setting depending on who drives the car (from the fob). But for me, I can do without it. Oh yes, I should've mentioned wifey has her car.

Indeed it should have rear aicon outlet. If you've no audio components installed under front seats, aircon duct extension might help.

Have you ordered or collected the car ?

Hi Reo,

Have from driver open button, uses stock remote which means no remote open since stock does not have.

Cheaper option for sedan is loaded springs and kick sensor to unlock which should be doable but you have to manually close then.

Yes, memory seats needed only only for exactly 2 or 3 drivers.

Rear aircon mod can also be done shown in photo and controlled like my 2017 forester xt which is also without rear aircon ..just tot new global platform imprezza should have it like the 2019 forester end this year.

No, not even booked yet and guess before next week's bidding.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-14014300-1533195905_thumb.png

post-149594-0-77645400-1533195922_thumb.png

Not sure how true

Auto-correct error.

Sluggish and not selfish  [laugh]

Auto-correct error.

Sluggish and not selfish [laugh]

Not entirely wrong ma.

Selfish = cvt ownself turn own self shiok, but car not moving much at all

• Praise 2

Hi bros with imprezza@eyesight,

Did any proceeded with solar film on windscreen that MI refuses to fit ?

Major concern on insurance companies if they consider this a mod against mfgr spec. and recommendation if accident and void coverage.

Not sure how MI will handle this especially since all subarus comes standard with eyesight .. perhaps AIG who ties up with MI will step in but MI so far refuses.

Cheers.

Richard

Major concern on insurance companies if they consider this a mod against mfgr spec. and recommendation if accident and void coverage.

Not sure how MI will handle this especially since all subarus comes standard with eyesight .. perhaps AIG who ties up with MI will step in but MI so far refuses.

Cheers.

Richard

They don't even wanna install the cam in front ...

But who cares

post-17080-0-08429200-1534087124_thumb.jpg

Next Gen Subaru WRX?

If the production car looks like this, 2020 can't get here soon enough.

https://www.motor1.com/news/262449/subaru-wrx-sti-render-bodacious/

There’s an all-new Subaru WRX coming our way for the 2020 model year. We’ve already had something of a preview with the Viziv Performance STI concept we saw at the beginning of this year at the Tokyo Auto Salon. That car is actually a tweaked version of the Viziv Performance concept that dropped our jaws way back in October of last year, and though it’s officially a concept car, Subaru has given us all kinds of hints that the design is a strong indication of where the next-generation rally-bred racer is headed.

We’re not content to simply wait for 2020 to get here already, so our friends at Automedia conjured up this rendering of what the next-genWRX STI might look like. Granted there’s already plenty of detail to see on the real-life Viziv Performance STI concept, but a few notable details help bring this rendering closer to the real world. For starters, the headlights take on more of a production look, as do the side mirrors which replace ultra-thin units on the concept. The concept’s body kit is also slightly less bulky and aggressive, and of course it’s dressed in a proper shade of World Rally Blue.

The rendering gives us a taste of how the next STI might look, but what do we know about performance? Not much at this point, but Subaru has given us some unofficial teasers to ponder. For starters, the engine will likely drop in size to 2.0 liters and get electric help in a new high-performance hybrid layout. Such things might be cause for concern among STI purists, but Subaru has also told us a manual transmission will be sticking around for the rally hero, not to mention all-wheel drive.

That means the 2019 WRX STI – the sendoff model for the current generation – could be the last gasoline-only Subie to wear an STI badge. It looks fantastic, and the 310-horsepower (231-kilowatt) turbocharged boxer four-cylinder means it’s no slouch by any means. If this render is an indication of what’s to come – not to mention the prospect of considerably more power in a hybrid AWD platform – the STI’s future should be in good hands.

subaru-viziv-performance-sti-concept.jpg

Hi Richard, I had a camera installed, but it's at the top left of the left Eyesight camera. It was installed by MI.   I also installed another camera (by myself) on the right of the right Eyesight camera. 

I bought Imprezza because of Eyesight and it alone (at the price point).  Before that, I could never imagine myself owning a Subaru (blame it on MI's poor taste of promoting the brand, at least previously) 

As I use Eyesight a lot, I wouldn't take the risk to install it anywhere else, especially at where your picture shows.  The Eyesight camera works in a spectrum of angles both horizontally  and vertically (more downwards).  

As for the solar film, I'm planning to make an exception.  Knowing how Eyesight works (after a few months using) and how solar film works, I'm willing to take the plunge.  The worry is solar film might cut certain light which can hinder Eyesight's performance.  Wait a minute, what about when it gets dark or at night?

I've seen some posting saying they've had solar film done and Eyesight is still working fine.

As I write, I'm planning to get it fixed very soon.  Why now is I'm more driven by the fact that I was earlier told by SE that the front glass does block UV but I found out recently it may not be the case as my photo-chromatic glasses darken when placed on the dashboard.  I head west to home from office and the sun glaring on my face is a pain.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Hi Richard, I had a camera installed, but it's at the top left of the left Eyesight camera. It was installed by MI. I also installed another camera (by myself) on the right of the right Eyesight camera.

I bought Imprezza because of Eyesight and it alone (at the price point). Before that, I could never imagine myself owning a Subaru (blame it on MI's poor taste of promoting the brand, at least previously)

As I use Eyesight a lot, I wouldn't take the risk to install it anywhere else, especially at where your picture shows. The Eyesight camera works in a spectrum of angles both horizontally and vertically (more downwards).

As for the solar film, I'm planning to make an exception. Knowing how Eyesight works (after a few months using) and how solar film works, I'm willing to take the plunge. The worry is solar film might cut certain light which can hinder Eyesight's performance. Wait a minute, what about when it gets dark or at night?

I've seen some posting saying they've had solar film done and Eyesight is still working fine.

As I write, I'm planning to get it fixed very soon. Why now is I'm more driven by the fact that I was earlier told by SE that the front glass does block UV but I found out recently it may not be the case as my photo-chromatic glasses darken when placed on the dashboard. I head west to home from office and the sun glaring on my face is a pain.

Hi Reo,

Thanks for the good sharing since not many have eyesight and done so !!

I am not concern of eyesight not working at times which is fine since it can only assist and drivers are ultimately responsible .. hence even switch to disable it.

I am concern on insurance companies rejecting my claim in case of accident because I have "illegal modification to original mfgr specification" with aftermkt solar film when subaru japan advised not to do so and MI not willing to undertake such risk or address this topic when they are selling subaru cars in sunny Singapore where solar film is a necessity ... leave it to owners alone to do so or suffers in often unbearable heat.

Insurance companies exist to make $ while we need insurance to be road legal and if they can, I believe they will not honor claims.

Still hope MI install the solar film on front windscreen since I cannot have lingering concern that claim will not be honoured when needed after spending sgd100k but not likely before I need to get my new car for wife.

Btw, your sale person is not nice ... at least my sale person who I also bought 2 forester fxt from did not BS me on the UV capability of clear and untinted glass of subaru cars.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

As you said, the driver is responsible for safety and Eyesight is there to assist (i.e. make our life easier), imagine the insurer would have to prove whatever you did is causing the collision.

The sales guy is a good person (I refused to go back to the first one who had attended to me just one week prior), except for the wrong advice for the UV.  

I like AIG but the one quoted by MI is just way off.  The quotation I got directly from AIG is hundreds cheaper.

In the end, I found an insurer which quoted even much cheaper, which is also giving discount for in-car camera.  Hack the penalty for not taking MI's insurance (partner).

You've finally ordered ?

Hi Reo,

Thanks for the good sharing since not many have eyesight and done so !!

I am not concern of eyesight not working at times which is fine since it can only assist and drivers are ultimately responsible .. hence even switch to disable it.

I am concern on insurance companies rejecting my claim in case of accident because I have "illegal modification to original mfgr specification" with aftermkt solar film when subaru japan advised not to do so and MI not willing to undertake such risk or address this topic when they are selling subaru cars in sunny Singapore where solar film is a necessity ... leave it to owners alone to do so or suffers in often unbearable heat.

Insurance companies exist to make $ while we need insurance to be road legal and if they can, I believe they will not honor claims.

Still hope MI install the solar film on front windscreen since I cannot have lingering concern that claim will not be honoured when needed after spending sgd100k but not likely before I need to get my new car for wife.

Btw, your sale person is not nice ... at least my sale person who I also bought 2 forester fxt from did not BS me on the UV capability of clear and untinted glass of subaru cars.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Richard

As you said, the driver is responsible for safety and Eyesight is there to assist (i.e. make our life easier), imagine the insurer would have to prove whatever you did is causing the collision.

The sales guy is a good person (I refused to go back to the first one who had attended to me just one week prior), except for the wrong advice for the UV.

I like AIG but the one quoted by MI is just way off. The quotation I got directly from AIG is hundreds cheaper.

In the end, I found an insurer which quoted even much cheaper, which is also giving discount for in-car camera. Hack the penalty for not taking MI's insurance (partner).

You've finally ordered ?

Hi Reo,

Insurer dun have to prove .. they can simply show you the insurance policy that owners signed which acknowledge on "illegal modification to original mfgr specification" and what can be more damning that the fact that subaru japan oreli tells you not to do so and MI refusing to install but owners did so nevertheless ?

Sure you can appeal and get legal help but it is a long drawn frustrating affair that individual will find it hard to engage the big boys.

No, I had not ordered and certainly not the impreza regardless a good deal ... tested Q2 1.0 and 1.4 last nite and going back to eurokar for CX5 2.0l if worth 119k basic or 128k premium or just get the mazda 6 at 103k basic and 111k premium.

For insurance, I stayed with AIG for ease mind of repair and claim but yes, not the cheapest but policies varies so much and the shit is in the details. While I paid about 1.8k for 1st year of my fxt, I was pleasantly surprised that they offered 1.2k+ for the 2nd yr including early bird privilege which I just signed.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

Surely they can't just slap that note and discharge their liability - it's just too wide.  What I meant was they can't blame the "modification" on every collision.  And for any frontal collision which could be caused by Eyesight, they will have to prove that you've been using Eyesight (the fact that it's there does not mean you have used it), and that the "modification" is hindering it's performance, and that because of the hindrance, it caused the collision.....

Let's not get too hung up with this - to address the concern, best to check with insurer.  I noted you're not getting Eyesight.

A little not like-for-like but it's like agent telling us if we change the battery "outside", warranty (for the car) is not covered.  Dive deeper a good agent will tell you they're referring to the battery warranty in this case.  Or for installing additional wiring in the car, and so on...

Hi Reo,

Insurer dun have to prove .. they can simply show you the insurance policy that owners signed which acknowledge on "illegal modification to original mfgr specification" and what can be more damning that the fact that subaru japan oreli tells you not to do so and MI refusing to install but owners did so nevertheless ?

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement