2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

they've updated the article since posting so sorry for the false alarm. for the models affected, apparently it may affect how the engine starts.

"The models affected are the 2014-2016 Model Year (MY) Forester, 2011-2014MY WRX (4-Door), 2008-2016MY Impreza and 2012-2017MY Subaru XV."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

anyone receive the recall notice yet? i don't know how long they will take to recall and fix the lights. also not sure whether mine is affected or not. 

Motor Image is kind of a slow starter on these things. So be pro-active and send them a chaser. You never know given the communication mode you might end up missing it. 

March school holidays coming up, get your vehicles done up folks. Don't risk it. We all paid quite good money to get the cars so yeah be safe always.

Edited by Pancgom

Anyone knows where I can repair/change the side skirting? Today go too left and hit the left curb when turning. Then the skirting like coming out.

Don’t know how to post photos here to show the issue.

Anyone knows where I can repair/change the side skirting? Today go too left and hit the left curb when turning. Then the skirting like coming out.

Donât know how to post photos here to show the issue.

MI may be able to change or fix it for you. It’s held together by clips. I assume the clips are quite reasonably priced or the MI workshop may have some spares they can just fix for you. I had mine coming out too MI fixed it along with other small issues that I had. I did pay for the fixes but for the clip itself I don’t think I got charged.

(edited)

MI may be able to change or fix it for you. Itâs held together by clips. I assume the clips are quite reasonably priced or the MI workshop may have some spares they can just fix for you. I had mine coming out too MI fixed it along with other small issues that I had. I did pay for the fixes but for the clip itself I donât think I got charged.

Yes, my clip fell off. So very sad.... the car only 1 year old.

Ok, will go MI to ask. Thanks thanks

Edited by may_dream

MI may be able to change or fix it for you. It’s held together by clips. I assume the clips are quite reasonably priced or the MI workshop may have some spares they can just fix for you. I had mine coming out too MI fixed it along with other small issues that I had. I did pay for the fixes but for the clip itself I don’t think I got charged.

Went to MI during lunch and they say need to change the whole thing so going to cost me $400+. 

they are not gg to fix the clips only but want to change the whole thing. 

anyone else knows where i can get this repair? 

Went to MI during lunch and they say need to change the whole thing so going to cost me $400+. 

they are not gg to fix the clips only but want to change the whole thing. 

anyone else knows where i can get this repair? 

most spray paint/panel workshop can do it, just search MCF below.

I guess probably about $300

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?CAT=6

Internal Moderator

Great! help me lelong and jio more buddy too! haha.

Motul will be there too. So I highly recommend their oil for servicing. 

Just registered.
Keen in their svc package and discount on accessories.

Oh, coming from 2018 XV

Internal Moderator

@may_dream Awww. I will take some photos when i am there and show you what's there during the event! Hope to see you when there is an event! Cheers!

thanks for the info. Tmr i will not be able to make it cos will be going into JB. shall see whether i can make it on sunday cos have a few appt made already.

@may_dream Awww. I will take some photos when i am there and show you what's there during the event! Hope to see you when there is an event! Cheers!

so how was the event? worth going? 

I went.

Considered not bad.

Got snacks, ES demo, goodies, motul intro and such for all.

Kansha special for both new buyer and existing owner.

Gotten myself 4+1 svc pkg

I saw sgcarmart indicates there is promo now. 2.0 eyesight for 87k. What other car can offer such good value? MI should do more advertising to raise awareness of its car and safety features.

• Praise 2

During the time i drove the 1.6, it seldom go below 10km/l. The best I gotten from one tank is 520km on one tank which gives me 12.X km/l. Many do not like the CVT, but I must say, without it, Subaru car FC will be bad. It is this CVT that is helping all subaru cars to achieve decent fc in this era, thought it is still behind many other makes. 1.6 is using MPI engine that is old tech but reliable.

Anybody on the 1.6l getting poor fuel consumption of 8-9km/l?

(edited)

During the time i drove the 1.6, it seldom go below 10km/l. The best I gotten from one tank is 520km on one tank which gives me 12.X km/l. Many do not like the CVT, but I must say, without it, Subaru car FC will be bad. It is this CVT that is helping all subaru cars to achieve decent fc in this era, thought it is still behind many other makes. 1.6 is using MPI engine that is old tech but reliable.

but cvt kills the driving experience entirely and reliability of subarus should not be a concern either. 

i would have thought that subaru owners or prospective owners are more interested in the overall drive than to worry about consumption.

probably another reason why we rarely see the imprezas on the road as compared to the past. 

Edited by ferrytales
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1