2016 / 2017 Subaru Impreza

Carbon82

How many are "real driver" out there on the road that care so much about how the car talk to the driver?

In aspect of needs priority, I do not think driver's car requirement is in top 3 probably with selling price, brand, design, FC, reliability subjective and often associated with branding, etc

If you ask me, impreza drives well but lack feedback to driver. And the rationale of AWD in safety aspect is over-rated these days with most if not all cars are equally planted during cornering, thanks of features such as electronic torque vectoring, ESP etc.

MI is doing very bad job is promoting its reliability ranking in UK/US, marketing on TV or newspaper or other channel to raise awareness of its superiority of eyesight, mechanical system etc. 

but cvt kills the driving experience entirely and reliability of subarus should not be a concern either. 

i would have thought that subaru owners or prospective owners are more interested in the overall drive than to worry about consumption.

probably another reason why we rarely see the imprezas on the road as compared to the past. 

↡ Advertisement

on the topic of Eyesight, has anyone had VEP stick done for entry into Malaysia?

any problem?

very hesitate to have it done due to Eyesight for obvious reasons.

50321172_2426884144052147_20921477489198

I got mine done at Pandan RNR. Post that have used eyesight extensively in different conditions. No impact. It just works perfect. The guys who are pasting did double check if it is a camera and then pasted it appropriately.

I have even seen a post of someone tinting the windshield with eyesight cameras too. 

on the topic of Eyesight, has anyone had VEP stick done for entry into Malaysia?

any problem?

Edited by Pancgom
  • Praise 1

I got mine done at Pandan RNR. Post that have used eyesight extensively in different conditions. No impact. It just works perfect. The guys who are pasting did double check if it is a camera and then pasted it appropriately.

I have even seen a post of someone tinting the windshield with eyesight cameras too. 

thanks for the update.

where is the RFID pasted in yours? can share a picture if possible?

any problem?

i haven't done mine because they take forever to ask me to collect the VEP tag. already registered for more than 2 months. some friends registered after me or some forummers registered after me, also get email to collect. 

anyway, they will paste the tag in a position that will not block the eyesight. if really block, you can choose the headlamp to paste the VEP tag. so it will not affect Eyesight. 

27 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

Wonder if the Impreza 1.6 will make a return with the facelift...

There is no point bringing back the 1.6 when the 2.0 model can deliver better overall performance and efficiency. The reason why 1.6 was dropped and I thought was a good idea, is because of the VES tax penalty, which brings the price close to the 2.0 model and hence the latter was brought in. 

On 8/31/2019 at 9:03 PM, Heartbreakid said:

There is no point bringing back the 1.6 when the 2.0 model can deliver better overall performance and efficiency. The reason why 1.6 was dropped and I thought was a good idea, is because of the VES tax penalty, which brings the price close to the 2.0 model and hence the latter was brought in. 

That $450+ difference in road tax might put of prospective buyers though...

its unlikely 1.6 will be back in the current generation. Technically, the 1.6 is a little underpowered given the 1.5ton weight and 4WD. Commercially, the 2.0 is still under VES neutral band unlike some 2.0 with $10K; so that's a $1000 saving per year. So the 1.6 makes no sense in SG's context.

I had the 1.6 for nearly 2 years. Would say it is adequate for city driving. Efficiency matches those of other 1.6 makes/model.

Start/Stop function is robust, not as sensitive as conti make.

Overall, a value buy at time of purchase. For now, this 2.0 eyesight makes a strong purchase proposition with no other options that offer good $/features ratio.

Motor Image should really step up to promote aggressively on their eyesight system.

Saw promo at 82k for impreza 2.0 and 86k for xv. Pretty damn good pricing for a 2.0 awd but still ain't selling while 1.5/1.6 cars are selling like hot cakes even at 80k pricing. 

Wonder what's wrong with MI or subaru, used to be one of the most sought after brands. 

Edited by ferrytales

I think some issues with the impreza are
a) conventional designs with every new models
b) Same 2.0 Liter engine pushing 150 Bhp and 200NM torque of thereof
c) Low PARF value
d) Fuel Drinker

The plus is they are very generous with the modern day car tech and the asking price is low.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Ka_kia said:

I think some issues with the impreza are
a) conventional designs with every new models
b) Same 2.0 Liter engine pushing 150 Bhp and 200NM torque of thereof
c) Low PARF value
d) Fuel Drinker

The plus is they are very generous with the modern day car tech and the asking price is low.

How do you define conventional?  I'm very happy with the hatchback design

Engine is fine.  CVT needs getting used to, if you're new to it.

I'd rather have super low PARF (wonder how MI did it) than to pay upfront incremental ARF many times more than the incremental PARF.

I'm getting 8.7l/100km over more than 10k clocking, about 50/50 ratio.  I wouldn't call it fuel drinker.

On 9/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, ferrytales said:

Saw promo at 82k for impreza 2.0 and 86k for xv. Pretty damn good pricing for a 2.0 awd but still ain't selling while 1.5/1.6 cars are selling like hot cakes even at 80k pricing. 

Wonder what's wrong with MI or subaru, used to be one of the most sought after brands. 

Because it is 2.0L, cross the mind set of not more than 1.6L for those buying B&B car.

But they understand 2.0L will be a lot more nice to drive. Especially this don't come with turbo.

Recently went to test drive the impreza hb

I was very impressed by this car. The cornering was excellent, quiet, tons of features plus they have this metal rod at the door that act like additional protection

The price is so attractive. Almost feel like booking it on the spot

↡ Advertisement