Hit & Run Ikea Tampines 22 March. $500 as Reward

Rogasi

Hi,

On 22, March 2016, my car (Ssangyong) was seriously damaged due to a hit-and-run incident at Ikea Tampines; (Park Level 1; parking lot 230). We found some broken parts at the site of the accident which belong to a silver Daihatsu Terios or Toyota Rush.  Please find enclosed the picture of a similar car. The Terios/Rush must be damaged on the left front bumper with dark grey scratches, it might be that the bumper is very loose as we found many clips and screws all over the accident site. In the enclosed picture, I have marked the missing piece and also where the Terios/Rush must be damaged.

Actually, Daihatsu Terios and Toyota Rush are the same cars with the only difference being the company logo.

Please have a look out to help to find the Terios/Rush with the missing part and dark grey scratches driving around.  For anyone who can send me any information (such as an image of the car, car plate number, name of driver, video, etc) which eventually helps to find the culprit, will get a reward of 500,- SGD in cash.

All information given will be treated with 100% confidential and will only be handover to the police. I will not reveal the name of the person who gives me the information without his/her permission even to the police.

Please send me a message here on MyCarForum.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

ROGASI

post-171648-0-67291300-1458958310_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

Sorry about your car. Perhaps you should post a picture of the damage to your car too. How much is your workshop charging you for repairs?

Thanks for your reply, here the picture of my car. Damage, dont know yet, guess 2000-3000 SGD.

post-171648-0-15357100-1458959382_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If the damage to your car is not significant , I suggest you keep the $500 and spend it on your repairs .

No point pursuing the matter , the police will just ask you to take up a civil suit , and in the end you will waste more time and stress yourself further.

Edit :- ( I posted before seeing TS pic )

From the pics , don't think you need 2 to 3k . Get a couple of quotes , before you decide whether to pursue the matter .

Edited by F355
  • Praise 6

Sorry, but there are more evidence to the accident and I start this only to make sure to get him.

Info to the hit&run guy, you can message me and we can handle this case between us.

Everybody makes a mistake and it can be straighten if you are honest. 

But if you not message me and  I get you, I will sue you until to the end! At the end, I will make you pay everything, dont care.  

Many people had an Hit & Run case and know how I feel!

Did you try approaching the Ikea security? They may have video cams that captured the car entering or leaving... Or maybe even in the act...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If the damage to your car is not significant , I suggest you keep the $500 and spend it on your repairs .

No point pursuing the matter , the police will just ask you to take up a civil suit , and in the end you will waste more time and stress yourself further.

Edit :- ( I posted before seeing TS pic )

From the pics , don't think you need 2 to 3k . Get a couple of quotes , before you decide whether to pursue the matter .

Sometimes, it's the principal. Hate such hit and run motorists with no integrity. If least contact behind, could stilll close an eye and negotiate.

Under posters ' circumstances, I rather pay $500 reward to nap the culprit even if repair costs less.

• Praise 10

Sorry, but there are more evidence to the accident and I start this only to make sure to get him.

Info to the hit&run guy, you can message me and we can handle this case between us.

Everybody makes a mistake and it can be straighten if you are honest.

But if you not message me and I get you, I will sue you until to the end! At the end, I will make you pay everything, dont care.

Many people had an Hit & Run case and know how I feel!

No way can you catch him

Did you try approaching the Ikea security? They may have video cams that captured the car entering or leaving... Or maybe even in the act...

Only the police can demand to see the video
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Thanks for your reply, here the picture of my car. Damage, dont know yet, guess 2000-3000 SGD.

I don't really see any broken parts or dents except for a few scratches. How come need a few k? If nothing internal is damaged, just get it sprayed and move on.

• Praise 2

Knowing how CCTVs are useless in public places - Half are fakes & authorities do not want to release the feed at all, SPF not helpful in such accidents and seeing the damage is not too bad, I reckon something like $500-800 respray and alignment, I'd take it as a bo bian thing, part & parcel of driving.

Sorry about your encounter.. We tend to get more emotional than rational when such incident occur to us. I think the repair cost should be below the $500.

• Praise 1

I don't really see any broken parts or dents except for a few scratches. How come need a few k? If nothing internal is damaged, just get it sprayed and move on.

2 to 3k is carrot people price.
  • Praise 1

I enlarged your picture and look it over a few times. It looked like deep scratches but the tail lamp is not damaged. It will not cost u a few grand in damage. Panel spray and knock back will put u back in the region of S$300-S$600 depending on the standards of the spray paint shop.

Seriously, save the 500 bucks. There are always a**holes around like the silver car.

Yuppers, I changed colour for S$2.6K. And top notched work some more.

2-3k is spray whole car price.

Edited by Achtung

Thanks for your replies.

As mentioned I not asked any workshop so far, I dont know how much it cost and I only guess.

If people here say 500-1000 ok, still its not about the money. Its Hit & Run!

Even if I pay 500.- as reward and the repair cost is less, at least I got him.

Yes, the security is only allowed to show to the police. The police also don't tell you anything, but at least I know there are some evidence. Maybe already know the guy, but I dont want to wait, I will do my best to find out, thats why 500.- SGd reward.

Understand how pissed u all bro. Good luck!!!!

Thanks for your replies.

As mentioned I not asked any workshop so far, I dont know how much it cost and I only guess.

If people here say 500-1000 ok, still its not about the money. Its Hit & Run!

Even if I pay 500.- as reward and the repair cost is less, at least I got him.

Yes, the security is only allowed to show to the police. The police also don't tell you anything, but at least I know there are some evidence. Maybe already know the guy, but I dont want to wait, I will do my best to find out, thats why 500.- SGd reward.

↡ Advertisement