Just booked my car - what type of PPS to recommend?

Mycar008

Advisable to pour water on the spot to soften bird poo before wiping over with wet tissue, to avoid scratching the paint.

Looks like you don't know how to use wet wipe.

Put wet wipe on top of bird poo for 1 - 2 minutes.  It will soften the poo inside out.

Water will only soften outside.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Looks like you don't know how to use wet wipe.

Put wet wipe on top of bird poo for 1 - 2 minutes.  It will soften the poo inside out.

Water will only soften outside.

Yours must be the very mild type of bird poo, not the thick puddle.

Just did coating on the front half of my ride after an accident repair. Went to Ceramic works at Kaki Bukit and they did a great job compared to the previous company I did mine with. Very clean and nice environment and the staffs are friendly and diligent. The boss was a former head staff at the previous company I did my coating with

Neutral Newbie

I did it with GK detailing at kaki Bukit , they use Nanonix coating and hexis PPF, they impress me by showing all the full process by making a time lapse for my buddy car who done with them and they even had a you tube channel on all the car to done before, 2 thumps up as they didn't disappointing me  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wCRIhID8xot5E4ye8CP4A

Hi what are the more popular value for money Pps packages in 2019?

General advice seems to be avoid expensive packages that offer eg 5 year warranty?

What are some detailers that are cheaper and you can do just once a year?

Edited by assiak71

Wow ... Timely post... I am receiving my first and brand new car in a few weeks time and was researching on these coating and PPS. Was about to book a package until I read this .. Thank you for all the advice and lesson sharing.

I am getting a new Honda Jazz and heard that the painting is very thin. I thought I should give it a coat but it seems that many are gimmick without yearly maintenance. 

Wow ... Timely post... I am receiving my first and brand new car in a few weeks time and was researching on these coating and PPS. Was about to book a package until I read this .. Thank you for all the advice and lesson sharing.

I am getting a new Honda Jazz and heard that the painting is very thin. I thought I should give it a coat but it seems that many are gimmick without yearly maintenance. 

I think it is better to save up with your money and do a weekly or bi-weekly car wash yourself, which I think is good enough.

I been driving for 4 years and my vehicle looks new.

• Praise 1

Just did Sonax CC36 ceramic coating on my A4 at one of the car detailer shop @ Kaki Bukit Road 4.

Initial impression is of course very good. Shinny and smooth.

Let’s see how this Sonax and A4 which both are from Germany holds up against time.

Just did Sonax CC36 ceramic coating on my A4 at one of the car detailer shop @ Kaki Bukit Road 4.

Let’s see how this Sonax and A4 which both are from Germany holds up against time.

What is the color of your car?

How much was the package and what does it entail?

Dark Grey

Please PM me...

Does water spot appear on your car after a rain shower when you parked under the hot sun, as such?

post-165514-0-72080700-1558276209_thumb.jpg

Does water spot appear on your car after a rain shower when you parked under the hot sun, as such?

waterspots are inevitable even with coatings.ideal condition cant let the water dry.

(edited)

Did mine with simply shine. Not the most value for money service around, my interior was not groomed and windows not coated. No maintenance touch up recoat offered too. it was only after doing that i realized other detailers are offering these extras for easily same or cheaper price. My advice is, dont waste the money.

Edited by sibehslowdriver

Now new car delivery already come with some kinda coating done by AD. I think they tie up with some third party to do the coating. The in thing now should be the protective film wrap which is more effective when it comes to paint protection.

Did mine with simply shine. Not the most value for money service around, my interior was not groomed and windows not coated. No maintenance touch up recoat offered too. it was only after doing that i realized other detailers are offering these extras for easily same or cheaper price. My advice is, dont waste the money.

How much you paid?
↡ Advertisement