IU not working

Hshs

Check LTA website, none of the IU service centre opening at this hour(8pm).
I need to enter my house car park by using cash card. Mean I need to pay until tomorrow morning until I send my IU for repair. Is this the only way?

↡ Advertisement

Is there a lot of money involved? LoL...

Just get the necessary prove lor. You first day in Singapore?

When exit press for receipt. When IU repaired get document prove to show to your town council, apply for refund, wait for a couple of working days blah blah blah.

Take time out during office hour to go to town council, park car, pay for parking, queue, fill up form, etc. That's why I asked does it involve a lot of money. [:p]

You should have press for help and ask gate cannot open.  Tell the attendant you license plate.

Don't use the cash card tomorrow as HDB is unlikely to refund the cash paid as the CP is outsourced.

Just press the button and demand they lift the gate.

Of course, don't do it during peak hours as I will be at your back to horn you.  

Remember, once money go out, they hardly come back !!

edited : Even better, tomorrow could be your ERP free day, just drive through an ERP and give it a try.  LTA will call you to bring your car to the inspection centre.  I think also free.

Please do DD.

Check LTA website, none of the IU service centre opening at this hour(8pm).
I need to enter my house car park by using cash card. Mean I need to pay until tomorrow morning until I send my IU for repair. Is this the only way?

Edited by Apple-Tree
  • Praise 1

You should have press for help and ask gate cannot open. Tell the attendant you license plate.

Don't use the cash card tomorrow as HDB is unlikely to refund the cash paid as the CP is outsourced.

Just press the button and demand they lift the gate.

Of course, don't do it during peak hours as I will be at your back to horn you.

Remember, once money go out, they hardly come back !!

edited : Even better, tomorrow could be your ERP free day, just drive through an ERP and give it a try. LTA will call you to bring your car to the inspection centre. I think also free.

Please do DD.

Thks for your reply.

Another thing is the faulty IU can repair or replace a second hand one?

Cause my car going to scrap soon.

Don't scan/insert your cashcard. It will show "No entry record". Press bell for service. Can try to press many many times but refuse to talk, see that they frustrate, they will open gate to shoo you off.  [laugh]

Thks for your reply.

nope, IU has a 5 year warranty period.

after 5 years i think its $150, changed last year cannot remember.

if you go back to your house with a damaged IU, can enter using the cash card and slot it in just

like malaysia car.

can try get a 2nd hand IU then arrange for transfer to your vehicle.

Is there a lot of money involved? LoL...

Just get the necessary prove lor. You first day in Singapore?

When exit press for receipt. When IU repaired get document prove to show to your town council, apply for refund, wait for a couple of working days blah blah blah.

Take time out during office hour to go to town council, park car, pay for parking, queue, fill up form, etc. That's why I asked does it involve a lot of money. [:p]

Sometime is not about the money. You already pay season parking for the following car park and why you need to pay again?

Don't worry lah... Just remember don't insert or scan your cashcard. Press bell and "shout" your number. So far, I always press press press until they open the barrier one.

Sometime is not about the money. You already pay season parking for the following car park and why you need to pay again?

Don't scan/insert your cashcard. It will show "No entry record". Press bell for service. Can try to press many many times but refuse to talk, see that they frustrate, they will open gate to shoo you off. [laugh]

Just return to my house car park press bell to tell I am a season parking owner. Very fast within few second gate open. Maybe late night liao.

nope, IU has a 5 year warranty period.

after 5 years i think its $150, changed last year cannot remember.

if you go back to your house with a damaged IU, can enter using the cash card and slot it in just

like malaysia car.

You slot in the cash card they will charge you hourly.

Money go out is hard to return

• Praise 1

Don't worry lah... Just remember don't insert or scan your cashcard. Press bell and "shout" your number. So far, I always press press press until they open the barrier one.

I once parked at an alternate nearby hdb carpark as my primary season parking carpark was full. After returning a week later from my biz travel in US, I tried leaving the carpark but was stuck at the exit as the gantry didn't recognize my season parking. There was like a horrendous amount of parking charges being displayed so I pressed the call button to kpkb why my season parking was not working and I'm rushing for time yadah yadah. After some yelling to and fro between me and the Wilson parking auntie over the speaker (i think none of us understood what the hell the other party was talking about), the auntie finally surrendered and opened the gantry to let me be on my merry way.

End of that day, I was still puzzled by why my season parking wasn't detected properly. After some checking of my own, the mystery was finally revealed. Turned out my season parking did cover a couple of carparks in the surrounding area, but that single one I was parking at was the only exception.

Ooops. Honest mistake. Let's move on.

Edited by Jellandross

OK.  Not problem as your IU 5 years warranty is over.

According to LTA rule again.

You may install a used IU unit from a scrapped car provided that the IU unit is re-registered within 90 calendar days from the scrap date.

Why not you try the scrap yard, probably buy from them for a few 10s of dollar and get it installed in STA/VICOM for a fee.

Not sure.  I only know the rules, never have a UI failure before since those day where UI actually melts on the windscreen ..... heee ..... good old 1997.

It is also a quite common practice for PI to sell you a new car with a spent UI in 2006~2009.

Thks for your reply.

Just return to my house car park press bell to tell I am a season parking owner. Very fast within few second gate open. Maybe late night liao.

• Praise 2

Always check wirings and fuse for loose connection or blown fuse first before sending to vicom for repairs. My IU suddenly had no power and not reading any cashcards. I traced it to a loose cyclindrical/canister fuse that is part of the IU's wiring. The fuse itself was not damaged. Tightened the fuse cover and voila the IU came back to life.

just want to ask bros here if want to fix IU due to intermittent detect by some gantry  , normally will LTA change a new IU for or just repair it?

lazy submit IU number again for HDB and company parking   :D  

just want to ask bros here if want to fix IU due to intermittent detect by some gantry  , normally will LTA change a new IU for or just repair it?

If iirc,there is a 5yr warranty period. If within 5yr, change is free.. after 5 year must pay. Note: IU unit may not correspond with age of car.

I change the IU twice already on different cars.

Nobody will attempt to repair. If not functioning properly, they will replace it, then change the LTA's records on the spot, and you pay the fee for the change.

If it's within warranty, they still do all these, but no need to pay.

Unfortunately no way to don't submit number...

Twincharged

how many times do you want to drop by vicom to assess the IU? just change it and save yourself the hassles of going to check on it each time you get a letter from LTA for gantry non payment.

like the rest said. no one repairs. even if they do, will you trust them?

↡ Advertisement