Oh My God! Pet Peeves to Major Hatred?

biogenie

Hey Guys,

So I decided to compile this list of complains of mine. I know its probably irritating to some as well but we all share the road so here I go:

1. Head Lights

I start small with this pet peeve of mine. Similar to the "say until sian already signal light" can people turn on their bloody freaking headlights? You know Singapore is well lit so you take it for granted? I mean come on la, if you are lazy hit the auto on and leave it there. How many times do we see cars that drive late at night without headlights. You are assuming all of us have amazing vision and that we can see you coming through the darker alleys / side roads? Can you be any lazier?

2. Chiong-sters

I am a firm believer of you reap what you sow. You want to chiong go ahead. But can you dont chiong and danger our lives in the mean time? We all went through basic theory test right? What is the first lane of the expressway for?. . . . OVERTAKING. Please keep your charging activities to the 1st lane or make sure you drive at 11pm - 6am. You can race all you want without getting us involved. You want to drive beyond the speed limit? Sure go ahead not my business, just don't swerve in and out of the lanes like an a**hole.

3. Motorcyclists

Dear Motorcyclists, I dont mean to say all of you but a LOT OF YOU do ride like a crazy person. You are assuming that we are all pin-point technical drivers that will check our blindspot religiously. You know driving on the road is not fair to you guys in terms of safety right? You know that a lot of us work super hard; drive our kids; had a bad day; and we might not be 100% focus to the "T" that you can risk your lives like that right? Many of you are a friend; a brother; a sister; a husband; a wife; a dad; or a mum. Can you be more responsible and drive safer? Its a combination of ALL of the above: Driving on without head lights; SQUEEZING through 2 cars on a highway; Riding on the line; Hogging on roads to smoke while riding. OH COME ON.

Man, the culture of driving is so straightforward. You see a signal light: I give you way; and hopefully, when I show a signal you give me way and not SPEED UP AH!! TIME TO NOT LET HIM PASS. I am so confused? Does getting to the destination 5 - 10 mins faster make your self esteem grow? Sian.......

Anyway... just a complaint post that I need it out there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Supercharged

1. Always on High-beam, Glaring Fo-lights and HIDs

2. No signalers

3. Stray into other lane when turning

• Praise 1

1. Always on High-beam, Glaring Fo-lights and HIDs

2. No signalers

3. Stray into other lane when turning

Agreed bro. I dont know if they know that not all of us are so lucky to have cars with "antiglare" rearview / side mirrors!!!!

No signalers; I say until sian liao.. 

No. 3 seems to happen most when truckies / buses are around; They need that wide turn and people dont gauge how much space they have. I mean slow down and keep to your lane is better than straying into other people's lane.

2. Chiong-sters

I am a firm believer of you reap what you sow. You want to chiong go ahead. But can you dont chiong and danger our lives in the mean time? We all went through basic theory test right? What is the first lane of the expressway for?. . . . OVERTAKING. Please keep your charging activities to the 1st lane or make sure you drive at 11pm - 6am. You can race all you want without getting us involved. You want to drive beyond the speed limit? Sure go ahead not my business, just don't swerve in and out of the lanes like an a**hole.

allow me to build up on this... what i hate is people with no awareness of what is happening/developing around them. 

You want to drive at 70km with LOADS OF SPACE INFRONT OF YOU on a lane 2 of expressway becoz you think you are not on lane 1? sure.. you are entitled under the law to do so...  in my book... still makes you an a**hole. 

personally .. i dont like to be a chiongster.. but if i have to undertake these people? i would.. 

• Praise 1

allow me to build up on this... what i hate is people with no awareness of what is happening/developing around them. 

You want to drive at 70km with LOADS OF SPACE INFRONT OF YOU on a lane 2 of expressway becoz you think you are not on lane 1? sure.. you are entitled under the law to do so...  in my book... still makes you an a**hole. 

personally .. i dont like to be a chiongster.. but if i have to undertake these people? i would.. 

think a lot of us were in your situation before and what we will normally do is to overtake him/her at lane 1. that is what lane 1 is for right? i dun see why a car travelling at 70kmh on lane 2 is an a**hole. 

• Praise 2

Come on... Life here is already stressful enough already. Why let minors things happening on the road add on to the list. Just relax & drive defensively.

• Praise 2

Come on... Life here is already stressful enough already. Why let minors things happening on the road add on to the list. Just relax & drive defensively.

haha i know i know.... just that too many times I got close call liao... wife wont understand so i say it here :/

And to the guys above... We all agree thats called road hogging. Similar to how trucks drive on 2nd lane when they are supposed to keep left :/ 

ah well... people drive like they drive.. just wish we had more "road etiquette" 

I can understand the anguish...

Headlights are meant for projection - to see as well as to be seen. Specially in indoor car park whereby it's dim or view block by a van or lorry...need that light cue to make the right move.

post-163127-0-54910400-1459235798_thumb.jpg

yes! the Signals! omg..... finger so lazy until cannot push the stick left or right? how the heck people know you want to change lane.

also the people who jump queue! if there is only 1 left turning lane, just filter in early and join the slow moving left turn queue. Don't chiong all the way to the front, then suddenly cut in. the car infront might see and brake in time but the person behind might not. Already saw 2 accidents because of people like this. 

in my opinion, these ppl are the real a**holes. they are the ones that result in ppl overtaking them from left and right, indirectly causing other drivers to be unsafe due to their so called "safe driving". such ppl can cause jams that's as long as few km! 

ya, those who dont signal are endangering others lives!

Also, traffic police should fine road hoggers on lane 1, wasting others time and obstructing traffic

in my opinion, these ppl are the real a**holes. they are the ones that result in ppl overtaking them from left and right, indirectly causing other drivers to be unsafe due to their so called "safe driving". such ppl can cause jams that's as long as few km!

Exactly, so prevalent on tpe/sle

• Praise 1

imo 2 wrongs doesn't make one right.

• Praise 1

imo 2 wrongs doesn't make one right.

I am not saying that overtaking from the left is right. 

It's just the action of ppl driving at lane 2 at the speed of 60-70km/h resulted in impatient drivers creating a new hazard. 

What about tail-gaters especially in the tunnel?

When someone trying to maintain a safe distant between his and front car while regulating the actual speed condition on the road... that's really pain! :a-bang:

I am not saying that overtaking from the left is right. 

It's just the action of ppl driving at lane 2 at the speed of 60-70km/h resulted in impatient drivers creating a new hazard. 

Nothing justifies doing something that poses a hazard to others' safety on the road, let alone a personal trait like patience. Everyone always has a choice to overtake safely regardless of the situation. 

Motorcyclists whom land split in small roads, I'm OK. But not on the highway at highway speeds! Want to faster go to heaven is fine, but don't drag others along.

Reminds me of an incident caught on tape whereby the motorcyclist in his lane got rear ended by a car on a highway. Very surprised to see so many goondos advocating that lane splitting is safer.

1 more to add, people who take their own sweet time to move out of the parking lot when it's damn obvious another car is waiting.

I can't stand ah beng cars with after market WHITE Light! So bloody bright for fish? Lagi worse, on with bright fog light! Bloody show off!

↡ Advertisement