Oh My God! Pet Peeves to Major Hatred?

biogenie

Really...nothing comes close to lorries & vans hogging lane 2 & 3 on 6 lanes PIE at 6.40am. This results in massive left right filtering.

What about tail-gaters especially in the tunnel?

When someone trying to maintain a safe distant between his and front car while regulating the actual speed condition on the road... that's really pain! :a-bang:

Hope you are in the left lanes when you experience these tailgaters.

Tailgaters are quite silly because 99% of road hoggers are not even aware or bothered by their pressure tactic. On the other hand if rear end happens, the tailgater gets 99% of the blame from the insurance.

• Praise 1

What about tail-gaters especially in the tunnel?

When someone trying to maintain a safe distant between his and front car while regulating the actual speed condition on the road... that's really pain! :a-bang:

They are like "oh this fugging noob driver safe distance so big".

To this person "this fugging noob" is a road HOGGER... nb [bounce1]

Btw... safe distance is as in 2-second rule

They are like "oh this fugging noob driver safe distance so big".

Edited by Mz3SP0907

wah!! so many replies.. thanks for sharing guys.. 

Tail gating is one problem that I cant understand as well.. I have seen too many accidents due to tail gating. Till it happens to the driver.. he/she will not learn X_____X

But ye, Welcome to Singapore.

• Praise 1

When I stop at zebra crossing, Suddenly hv a bicycle zoom from left side of the car to the front and then cut across zebra crossing.

They transition between road user and pedestrian in an instant. I hv a few near misses and really worried everytime I encounter cyclists

• Praise 4

When I stop at zebra crossing, Suddenly hv a bicycle zoom from left side of the car to the front and then cut across zebra crossing.

They transition between road user and pedestrian in an instant. I hv a few near misses and really worried everytime I encounter cyclists

Not just cyclists that appeared out of nowhere at Zebra crossings; electric skate scooter & motorised wheelchairs as well.

I nearly ran over one small sized Makcik on motorised wheelchair.

She was fast; zipped onto road from a traffic island, no pausing or slowing down & after crossing infront of my car, she maintained her speed while executing a nifty left turn onto pavement. Think she's a regular from the way she travelled, but just hoped that her luck won't run out......one of these days she may get knocked down. Luckily I always slowed down at this zebra crossing before entering Upp East Coast fr Bedok (beside Esso).

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Not just cyclists that appeared out of nowhere at Zebra crossings; electric skate scooter & motorised wheelchairs as well.

I nearly ran over one small sized Makcik on motorised wheelchair.

She was fast; zipped onto road from a traffic island, no pausing or slowing down & after crossing infront of my car, she maintained her speed while executing a nifty left turn onto pavement. Think she's a regular from the way she travelled, but just hoped that her luck won't run out......one of these days she may get knocked down. Luckily I always slowed down at this zebra crossing before entering Upp East Coast fr Bedok (beside Esso).

Yup. Better to slow down at zebra crossings. Just saw a boy dash across the zebra crossing without looking this morning. Car behind rear ended the car infront when he ebraked. Zebra crossing I always slow down to a crawling speed. Sometimes the car behind will honk but I'd rather the cars behind honk than I cause an accident.

I still see many drivers speeding across these zebra crossings, especially those that are on the slip-roads from major road to expressway. Hopefully they don't kill those motorized wheelchair users, cyclists or children dashing across the zebra crossing. Many of these pedestrians don't even bother to look out for traffic before stepping onto the zebra crossing just because they have the right of way.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Can they just reinstate the ruling where goods vehicles keep on the leftmost lane?

Damn sian when vehicles on the left and middle lane going at the 70km/h speed and you get a dumbfark passenger car on the overtaking lane doing 75km/h...

Edited by Sabian
  • Praise 3

1) van/lorry on 2nd lane of expressway.. always see on SLE...

2) never signal n change lane.. then needa break to allow the person come in,,

3) swerve into another lane conveniently... and it happen to me yday at woodlands ave 12 when I exited...

talk abt (3).. the uncle who drove the Toyota estima,. srsly.. dun come endanger other ppl.. u nearly cause an accident with ur sense of driving.. I horned and u still continue to inch in without give any F care and I have to swerve to the left lane to siam u.. [mad]  [bounce1]  :pissed-off:

Can they just reinstate the ruling where goods vehicles keep on the leftmost lane?

Damn sian when vehicles on the left and middle lane going at the 70km/h speed and you get a dumbfark passenger car on the overtaking lane doing 75km/h...

agreed. 

they can make 20 lanes and u will get 19 lanes from the left filled with lorries moving at 70km/h. in fact most lorries once they filtered into any e-ways they will make a beeline to lane 2 and drive at 70km/h. sometimes even slower than those on lane 3.  :yuush: 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1

To this person "this fugging noob" is a road HOGGER... nb [bounce1]

Btw... safe distance is as in 2-second rule

i keep a minimum of 3-4 cars distance on expressways.,, is that considered lane hogging?

often see drivers tagging behind other cars on lane 1 with perhaps half to 1 car gap... drive like that .. not stressful meh??

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
(CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140)
ROAD TRAFFIC RULES
Vehicle to keep close to left-hand edge of roadway
—(1)  Every vehicle which is moving at a slow rate of speed shall be driven as close to the left-hand side of the roadway as possible.
(2)  Every vehicle shall at all times be driven in such manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.

so your point is?

3-4 cars not a very big gap leh... 

↡ Advertisement