Worthwhile to upgrade to 4G dongle for singtel 4G broadband

Tok

Currently need to change my singtel 3G mobile broadband to 4G because singtel is no longer offering 3G plan.

Is it worthwhile to change the 3G dongle to 4G dongle to benefit the speed offers by 4G plan.

I need for the laptop for use in the CBD area.  I understand the download speed may vary from area to area.

I use it for email, surfing and watching youtube.

4G dongle is not cheap slightly over $100. 

Is there a significant difference to the download speed for my usage to justify spending the money for a 4G dongle?

Thank you for your input.

↡ Advertisement

you are forced to upgrade your plan to 4G

you pay for 4G subscription

and you want to continue to use 3G dongle

pay more for slower or same speed

doesn't sounds right ... does it?

Edited by Wt_know

I download more of the word and pdf files, I presume it makes no difference whether 3G or 4G speed.

How about youtube

prefer more consistent connection

No difference nowadays, mobile phone network can be as good or even better then the 3g or 4g dongle.

Currently need to change my singtel 3G mobile broadband to 4G because singtel is no longer offering 3G plan.

Is it worthwhile to change the 3G dongle to 4G dongle to benefit the speed offers by 4G plan.

I need for the laptop for use in the CBD area.  I understand the download speed may vary from area to area.

I use it for email, surfing and watching youtube.

4G dongle is not cheap slightly over $100. 

Is there a significant difference to the download speed for my usage to justify spending the money for a 4G dongle?

Thank you for your input.

I don't think is so ex.

I received a letter from Singtel to change my 3G dongle (with 50GB data) to 4G (with 10GB data).

I was offer $24.95 for 2 yrs package. 

So far I had never used more than 10GB on the 3G dongle for the past 5 yrs since I signed up. 

you are forced to upgrade your plan to 4G

you pay for 4G subscription

and you want to continue to use 3G dongle

pay more for slower or same speed

doesn't sounds right ... does it?

That's how the telcos want you to think about it so they can sell you the device.

He should be asking himself if 3G speeds are okay for him. If okay, will he see a difference (or imagine one) if he gets 4G? If no, then whats the point in paying 100 dollars for a new dongle?

I download more of the word and pdf files, I presume it makes no difference whether 3G or 4G speed.

How about youtube

Why not just test youtube on your current dongle? If it is fast enough, save your 100 bucks. Not like you download faster, can watch faster as well anyway.

No difference nowadays, mobile phone network can be as good or even better then the 3g or 4g dongle.

Those dongles are also using the mobile phone network la.

Only difference is that you don't have to waste battery when you tether. Hotspotting sucks a lot of battery life.

↡ Advertisement