Audi Q2 Coming Soon

Lab4games

Quoting on your point 1, 5, 6 and 7, why not consider the A3? Gearbox for me no issue so far after 20K km of usage. Currently on 1.0L A3. Interior wise, A3 is much better than Q2 and it comes with the Drive Select and Hill Hold function, with Driver's electric seat and auto folding side mirrors (don't think 1.0 Q2 has those).

yes, a3 interior has a better refinement than q2 and indeed is nice to drive too. the power of a3 1.0 is more than enough to tacker sg road (both city and expressway). I will consider a3 sedan if I happen to get posted bk to sg

beside the potential gearbox problem (maybe), my wife prefer a hatch back as she can put a dog cage in the boot for her frenchie. as such, clubman or countryman will be a better fit.

↡ Advertisement

yes, a3 interior has a better refinement than q2 and indeed is nice to drive too. the power of a3 1.0 is more than enough to tacker sg road (both city and expressway). I will consider a3 sedan if I happen to get posted bk to sg

beside the potential gearbox problem (maybe), my wife prefer a hatch back as she can put a dog cage in the boot for her frenchie. as such, clubman or countryman will be a better fit.

A3 have sports back hatch version... 

Based on current COE:

142k (1.0)

173k (1.4)

Thanks for the info.

Am a little surprised.....saw them putting up a 1.4 management demo unit which is several months old for sale at 134k...usually the price difference between brand new and management demo units is not so wide one...

Thanks for the info.

Am a little surprised.....saw them putting up a 1.4 management demo unit which is several months old for sale at 134k...usually the price difference between brand new and management demo units is not so wide one...

Tats the actual price. Listed will be another

Haven't seen too many Q2s on the road. For those who have driven it for a while, how is it?

The back space seems tight, especially for 3.

There are quite a few on the road. Not possible you didnt see. Even we see ourselves.

Back seat 3 will be tight but achievable. I even have 4 before :P

If you looking for comfort, Q2 might be too small maybe Q3.

So far FC is good 10-12km per 1L

went for a few test drive on the 1.0 and nearly bought it, but eventually we move on with mini clubman s.

engine response is good during pick up and it run smoothly. not too sure when it on nshw.

cabin noise is acceptable and steering is too light for my liking. cabin space seem ok with me since I no

need a big space, as long as it is enough for my dog cage.

design wise is depending on individual but I do not like the too plasticky interior.

gear change is smooth but again is a dsg, maybe one of my concern too.

There are quite a few on the road. Not possible you didnt see. Even we see ourselves.

Back seat 3 will be tight but achievable. I even have 4 before :P

If you looking for comfort, Q2 might be too small maybe Q3.

So far FC is good 10-12km per 1L

Thanks but anyway just wanted to clarify I didn't say I didn't see, just said haven seen too many (i.e. not so common).

Warranty claim for a battery was rejected by Audi due to having fitted a motion sensing in car camera. The Service Advisor, Kok Eng whom i met for the first time was great.  Soft spoken and polite he understood my needs and replaced the 8 month old engine mounting under warranty. However, he was unable to do likewise for the car battery as I had installed a motion sensing in car camera. 

Kok Eng took a proactive approach to speak to his manager Chee Khoon, however Chee Khoon rejected the idea even though the car is only 8 months old. I believed that he chose to hide behind the warranty guide lines instead of championing customer satisfaction. 

It brings to shame that Audi has a customer care department. 

I have come to 3 conclusions

1)    Do not buy a Audi if you want to fix a motion sensing in car camera.

2)    Accept that the 3 years warranty for the battery will be void if you to  decide to fix the motion sensing in car camera.

3)    Audi’s batteries are inferior in quality and it cannot even last 8 months when there is a motion sensing in car camera installed.

Yes, my car is only 8 months old.

Warranty claim for a battery was rejected by Audi due to having fitted a motion sensing in car camera. The Service Advisor, Kok Eng whom i met for the first time was great.  Soft spoken and polite he understood my needs and replaced the 8 month old engine mounting under warranty. However, he was unable to do likewise for the car battery as I had installed a motion sensing in car camera. 
Kok Eng took a proactive approach to speak to his manager Chee Khoon, however Chee Khoon rejected the idea even though the car is only 8 months old. I believed that he chose to hide behind the warranty guide lines instead of championing customer satisfaction. 
It brings to shame that Audi has a customer care department. 

I have come to 3 conclusions
1)    Do not buy a Audi if you want to fix a motion sensing in car camera.
2)    Accept that the 3 years warranty for the battery will be void if you to  decide to fix the motion sensing in car camera.
3)    Audi’s batteries are inferior in quality and it cannot even last 8 months when there is a motion sensing in car camera installed.

Yes, my car is only 8 months old.

It is well-known that most manufacturers will void dash cam is powered directly from car batt.

You don't know meh?

It is well-known that most manufacturers will void dash cam is powered directly from car batt.

You don't know meh?

Then, should void warranty for battery if you charge your phone or connect power to your car ionizer since powering directly from car battery too. lol

No void of warranty for battery some Japanese brand that I know of though.

Then, should void warranty for battery if you charge your phone or connect power to your car ionizer since powering directly from car battery too. lol

No void of warranty for battery some Japanese brand that I know of though.

1st of all, dash cam is tapped to fuse directly. Confirmed warranty void.

2nd of all, do you tap fuse to charge battery or car ionizer?

Deeeeeeeeeeeeee

1st of all, dash cam is tapped to fuse directly. Confirmed warranty void.

2nd of all, do you tap fuse to charge battery or car ionizer?

Deeeeeeeeeeeeee

The charging point also comes from the fuse right. Ultimately still use battery. Unless when installation you short 12v and gnd.

The charging point also comes from the fuse right. Ultimately still use battery. Unless when installation you short 12v and gnd.

So u charge ur phone overnight in ur car?
  • Praise 1

So u charge ur phone overnight in ur car?

Of course no la.. i am saying we do tap other charging devices from battery as well. So there are a lot of charging/discharging process happening in the battery - Battery life depends very much on this. Anyway. in-car camera do have cut off voltage. But these days there are too much electronics, not surprising battery died in 8 months.  

↡ Advertisement