Audi Q2 Coming Soon

Lab4games

(edited)

Just placed a deposit for the Q2. Refundable after test drive in April (1st shipment). Anyone else booked?

Anyone know if this S-tronic 7 speed dual clutch transmission is same as the 7 speed DSG or its a different one? Any known issues?

Q2 uses the same DQ200 gearbox with the notorious power loss problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox

http://www.just-auto.com/analysis/audis-q2-makes-the-case-for-petrol_id173212.aspx

"Sulphur in the gear oil and an inorganic heat stabiliser in the plastic parts (iodine) of the mechatronic unit can cause metallic surfaces to be attacked and to suffer from electrolytic corrosion, in connection with high air humidity and high outside temperatures. Conducting particles can then settle between the circuit paths of the control unit and could cause a short circuit."

Edited by Xefera
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Saw the display unit (yellow) at the showroom and it should be the 1.4.

Exterior - Looks about the same size as Vezel. Overall ok looking except the rear light which I don't quite like it when I saw the real thing. Looks like VW Polo light. I still prefer the typical Audi rear lights. To be honest, I think the Q2 looks so much better in photos than the real thing. I hope its because of the yellow colour which I totally don't like.

Interior - Feels slightly more spacious than A3 Sportsback although on paper the dimension for Q2 is shorter than A3 Sportsback, could be due to the width. Height not very high so it should be good for those existing sedan drivers looking for a change. The dashboard layout is typical Audi so that is a consolation/no surprises. Unfortunately, there is no electric seat for driver and front passenger so its like backward 10 years which I am quite disappointed. And no, VC is add on even for 1.4. MMI is similar to A3 without Apple Carplay and Google equivalent.

Boot - Very small IMO, maybe I am too used to my sedan so I may be bias but I do think that the space is quite typical for a hatchback. Yes the SE always like to say that the seats are foldable but I want my rear seats to ferry passengers + carry things. If I don't need rear seats I would have gotten a van please.

Warranty - 5 years but you may have to check with the SE for details of the warranty coverage.

Drive - Cant comment on the drive as cannot afford 1.4 so don't want to be disappointed when testing the 1.0.

Overall - Its another option for those who are also considering an entry level SUV. If you can accept the small boot space of a hatch + no electric seat even for an Audi, then I think this is worth shortlisting.

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, Appreciated very much.

I went today (just few hours earlier) and test drove both Q2 (1.4 Ver) and A3 Sedan...  I am looking to go towards A3 Sedan (1.0) 2017 Facelift version due to my Kids (1 at Sec 3 , another JC 2) and family taste...  I actually liked Q2... However decided to go for A3 

I placed already an Deposit and expect delivery in May 1st/2nd Week for A3 Sedan ... Look to visit this weekend to firm up some additional accessories (Virtual cockpit seems additional 3.9K, & SE said this is after 50% discount in house) and confirm financing too.

Saw the display unit (yellow) at the showroom and it should be the 1.4.

Exterior - Looks about the same size as Vezel. Overall ok looking except the rear light which I don't quite like it when I saw the real thing. Looks like VW Polo light. I still prefer the typical Audi rear lights. To be honest, I think the Q2 looks so much better in photos than the real thing. I hope its because of the yellow colour which I totally don't like.

Interior - Feels slightly more spacious than A3 Sportsback although on paper the dimension for Q2 is shorter than A3 Sportsback, could be due to the width. Height not very high so it should be good for those existing sedan drivers looking for a change. The dashboard layout is typical Audi so that is a consolation/no surprises. Unfortunately, there is no electric seat for driver and front passenger so its like backward 10 years which I am quite disappointed. And no, VC is add on even for 1.4. MMI is similar to A3 without Apple Carplay and Google equivalent.

Boot - Very small IMO, maybe I am too used to my sedan so I may be bias but I do think that the space is quite typical for a hatchback. Yes the SE always like to say that the seats are foldable but I want my rear seats to ferry passengers + carry things. If I don't need rear seats I would have gotten a van please.

Warranty - 5 years but you may have to check with the SE for details of the warranty coverage.

Drive - Cant comment on the drive as cannot afford 1.4 so don't want to be disappointed when testing the 1.0.

Overall - Its another option for those who are also considering an entry level SUV. If you can accept the small boot space of a hatch + no electric seat even for an Audi, then I think this is worth shortlisting.

Here are my views.

Exterior - If you like the SUV look at this price range, its nice enough from the exterior. Did the SE show you the Tango Red 1.0 in B1? Its alot nicer than the yellow.

Interior - Front row is the same as A3. Electric seats on A3 wins over Q2. However I feel that Q2 second row is more cramped than A3 sedan. Rear passengers will feel better in A3. The C pillar of Q2 is huge and does not have quarter windows like the A3. So it feels claustrophobic somewhat with little light coming through. The window panes are also higher and smaller. The plus point for Q2 is comfortable height getting in and out of the seats with its SUV stance. The MMI screen is fixed on the Q2. A3 MMI screen is retractable. Virtual cockpit is an option for both A3 and Q2. Mood panels in Q2 is quite funky. Either you like it or you don't.

Boot - A3 Sportback is slightly bigger. I don't like sedans in general and don't mind the smaller boot. Q2 and A3 sportback on par.

Warranty - 5 year unlimited mileage according to the brochure I got.

My verdict - I'll test drive to confirm the performance of the 1.0 TFSI on the Q2. At this moment, I'm leaning towards the A3 sportback instead.

Just placed a deposit for the Q2. Refundable after test drive in April (1st shipment). Anyone else booked?

Anyone know if this S-tronic 7 speed dual clutch transmission is same as the 7 speed DSG or its a different one? Any known issues?

I booked mine too, a 1.0TFSI version.

What was the package offered to you? Mind sharing?

I booked mine too, a 1.0TFSI version.

What was the package offered to you? Mind sharing?

Can you test the 1.0TFSI version? It's not here yet I think so closest would be to test drive the A3 Sportback?

What are the major differences between the 1.0l and 1.4l versions other than the engine size? Thks and congrats on your purchase!!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 3

Can you test the 1.0TFSI version? It's not here yet I think so closest would be to test drive the A3 Sportback?

What are the major differences between the 1.0l and 1.4l versions other than the engine size? Thks and congrats on your purchase!!

1.0T isn't ready for test drive yet. However the 1.4T is already available for test drive. Size wise 1.0 and 1.4T are the same, however if i'm not wrong, the 1.4T has a larger rim size and some features might be different (i can't confirm this).

I did test drove A3 1.0TFSI sedan fully loaded with passengers, 5 adults. The pick up is impressive and tried stopping on a slope and there was no roll back. Moving off from a slope with 5 adults no problem at all. 

Q2 is 75kg heavier than A3 sedan according to sgcarmart, but i dont think it would a lot of difference in the overall driving experience. But one good thing about it is that you can always request for a full refund if you don't enjoy the ride after the test drive, its written in black and white in the contract.

sorry for the long post, i'm a newbie and only left with 3 more post today after this!

• Praise 2

1.0T isn't ready for test drive yet. However the 1.4T is already available for test drive. Size wise 1.0 and 1.4T are the same, however if i'm not wrong, the 1.4T has a larger rim size and some features might be different (i can't confirm this).

I did test drove A3 1.0TFSI sedan fully loaded with passengers, 5 adults. The pick up is impressive and tried stopping on a slope and there was no roll back. Moving off from a slope with 5 adults no problem at all. 

Q2 is 75kg heavier than A3 sedan according to sgcarmart, but i dont think it would a lot of difference in the overall driving experience. But one good thing about it is that you can always request for a full refund if you don't enjoy the ride after the test drive, its written in black and white in the contract.

sorry for the long post, i'm a newbie and only left with 3 more post today after this!

Thks for sharing and the comprehensive write-up, much appreciated!!

Pls keep feedback coming when you actually try the 1.0TFSI, will praise u tmr, cheers!!

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

Im keen in this car too. Anyone sign up at their vivo fair? Any good perks you got in the fair, mind sharing?

• Praise 1

At that price, its quite a deal breaker when you don't get similar trim level as its Japanese counterparts in the same price range. 

Edited by Lchong
  • Praise 1

At that price, its quite a deal breaker when you don't get similar trim level as its Japanese counterparts in the same price range.

Compare with A3 already lose a out a fair bit. If compared to Kia, I do agree that Q2 is indeed a fairly basic car.

No ventilated seats which will be hugely useful in Singapore' climate, no rear aircon and non motorized retracting wing mirrors. Other than that, it's down to personal preference. Electric car seats, good to have but not necessary in my opinion.

Compare with A3 already lose a out a fair bit. If compared to Kia, I do agree that Q2 is indeed a fairly basic car.

No ventilated seats which will be hugely useful in Singapore' climate, no rear aircon and non motorized retracting wing mirrors. Other than that, it's down to personal preference. Electric car seats, good to have but not necessary in my opinion.

Personally I feel its more of a badge thing. some people just prefer the badge and don't mind forgoing certain features. 

I felt that at the price point of an A3, you could get better equipped cars if you turn to other makes. In the case of an audi (Singapore market only), you're never going to really get a well equipped car unless you go for there middle to top range model. ( Q7 3.0 and above)  Most of the time the advertised features for their lower end range don't translate into those we see at point of sales. Its going to cost you a bomb, if you spec it to the trim level shown in their ads. 

Honestly Audi's design is still one of the best in its class. 

Out of all the luxury brands in SG, taking into consideration only the trim level of a vehicle, only Volvo and Lexus offers a well equipped car across their range given the price you pay. 

Edited by Lchong
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the write-up. The Audi looks really cool, but probably too expensive for me. ;)

I'll keep looking around.

• Praise 1

You gain some & lose some at the same time. Depends on what criteria you're buying the car on. It's quite different for everyone. That said, every time you step up from Japanese to entry level conti, some niceties in the cabin are definitely gonna be sacrificed, like for you said, the badge.

Some people go for the badge and the apparent lifestyle that comes with it, the slightly better performance and supposedly better FC with a small turbo + high no. of cogs DCT combination. Not to mention most people's mindset that conti cars, even at the entry level, are more sturdy, safer with more air bags / safety kit.

One thing's for sure, if you buy the Japanese car instead, no one's calling you a badgewhore, esp. in this forum  [:p]

• Praise 2