Peephole camera

Genes

Read the door lock thread and reminded me of this. Anybody here installed peep hole cameras for your house main door? Read that some of them have motion detection like in car cameras and are able to record everything going on at your front door.

This will also let you vet who to open the door to without being caught by the peephole shadow.

I am looking to get one, and will appreciate any input. Those I have found so far are either too exp (>$200) or looks too dodgy, or both.

Please share your experience with it and if you would do it differently if given the choice again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

You owe somebody money?

No la lol

I prefer not to open my doors to door to door sales and People Preaching Propaganda, etc.

Also, i will be able to catch runners should they decide to press the neighbours to force the debtor to return money.

Read the door lock thread and reminded me of this. Anybody here installed peep hole cameras for your house main door? Read that some of them have motion detection like in car cameras and are able to record everything going on at your front door.

This will also let you vet who to open the door to without being caught by the peephole shadow.

I am looking to get one, and will appreciate any input. Those I have found so far are either too exp (>$200) or looks too dodgy, or both.

Please share your experience with it and if you would do it differently if given the choice again.

you can check out vstarcam

cheap and good from taobao

http://www.vstarcam.com/

I have their home camera and outdoor camera

but I don't have their peephole ones

but I requires power to it and wifi coverage

so basically need to run a power line to it

No la lol

I prefer not to open my doors to door to door sales and People Preaching Propaganda, etc.

Also, i will be able to catch runners should they decide to press the neighbours to force the debtor to return money.

:a-m1212: Thumbs up for you, I know my friend from the spf will be thankful for all these assistance in catching runners.

@mustank Wah your shoe jin swee lol. Can I hang at my door to use?

At work now so cannot really click on them links to slowly view. Will view when home later. Keep the suggestions coming :)

• Praise 1

I don't have a peephole camera, but more like IP camera outside my main gate.

Stats -

Brand: DLink

Model: DCS-6010L

Cost: USD$256.40 at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-360-Degree-Surveillance-mydlink-Enabled-DCS-6010L/dp/B0092KZ996)

Disclaimer: I use it at home, but not affiliated to DLink or Amazon.

We bought it from Courts IIRC, but forgot the exact cost already.

Anyway, it's a fish-eye lens type of IP camera, so it's good for us, as the vision is close to 180 deg (we stay along corridor, so a "normal" type camera would only give us a view of our neighbours in the opposite block. The fish-eye lens let us see people coming from both sides.

Pros: can see what's happening from anywhere in the world as long as your camera connected to internet and you got WiFi / 3G.

Can set alert to notify you on your phone when movement detected.

Can be set in more than just the standard fish-eye 180 view. Can do split view / normal view (depend on how you install your camera, but we only use the basic mode).

Cons: App a little slow to load

Must set up NAS to store the images / videos.

Took us maybe 30 mins to set up... Now, if postman comes to our house, we will know also..

• Praise 1

When stock cuming in?? You the Agent ah??  [grin]  Many stressed Bankers want it 

check my shoe out! :grin:

1074817376_197.jpg

• Praise 6

we all know you like peeping  [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

• Praise 1

Ya... just install an IP cam outside can already

those camera put outside at the corridor one, need town council approval one

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

those camera put outside at the corridor one, need town council approval one

Then ask for approval lor.

• Praise 3

I want to complain! Moderator no contribution, only say libelous untruths about me.

I sue u ah!

[laugh]

• Praise 1

I want to complain! Moderator no contribution, only say libelous untruths about me.

I sue u ah!

[laugh]

I agree w @jman888 and it was a suggestion

Since u sooooo defensive then guilty!

All recorded transcript here to be used in court, tennis court

For you is teh-NI court! Dun forget the peep camera

I agree w @jman888 and it was a suggestion

Since u sooooo defensive then guilty!

All recorded transcript here to be used in court, tennis court

For you is teh-NI court! Dun forget the peep camera

↡ Advertisement