2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

(edited)

One of my colleagues bought F10 LCI at the end of F10 cycle, about 200 net with more gadgets, M badge etc. He always buys at the end of the life cycle (he exchanged his E60 for F10) E60 also he bought at the end of 2009 at throw away price - 150 range).

While it is financially wise, it is very difficult to run an old model for full life of a newer model.

Yes, and for the difference, some would rather drive the new model. Resale value will also differ.

You are right. Not accurate to consider the difference as 60k cos the specs are different, there are service credits and other stuff worth another 8k or more plus overtrade. The actual difference probably less than 25k.....

So if people think 25k from AD is too much to pay for peace of mind for a Beemer or Mercedes etc.... then buy PI lor. The discount is only about 10%.

Personally I would not consider the latter but to each his own.

However if a Jap car with 25k difference represents 25% discount then I will take the plunge of faith cos any workshop out there can service my car.

The other consideration is resale value. I think buyers are willing to pay more for cars from ADs? Edited by Squeaky
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Just got this in the mail. A safety check.

Have a look, gents. Unsure if SG 530/540s are affected.

th_670953776_AutoBavariaSafetyInspection

Yeah, hit my run in.... time to test the power lol...

Enjoy the power runs.

Edited by Razzd

(edited)

Also, something in the pipeline, performance exhaust upgrade for the 530i - interesting:

2017/04/19 BMW G30 530i Exhaust Development

I don't think the M Performance Exhaust is available for the 530i, it's only for the 540i.

I was told by my tuner that Akrapovic is working on a complete exhaust system for the 530i and 540i.

Edited by Razzd

Just got this in the mail. A safety check.

Have a look, gents. Unsure if SG 530/540s are affected.

th_670953776_AutoBavariaSafetyInspection

Enjoy the power runs.

Can't view the image

Also, something in the pipeline, performance exhaust upgrade for the 530i - interesting:

2017/04/19 BMW G30 530i Exhaust Development

I don't think the M Performance Exhaust is available for the 530i, it's only for the 540i.

I was told by my tuner that Akrapovic is working on a complete exhaust system for the 530i and 540i.

Akra catalogue does not include any 4 pot BMW except MIni

(edited)

1 month everything due to change ... [laugh]

3 months can change car liao ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Does anyone face this issues?

Nowadays 1 month need to change oil and brake fluid liao ah? I thought conti usually got longer servicing cycle. 

(edited)

This is simply error. Reset it with PML. Easy one.

more like sensor malfunction or some software cockup

reset simply remove the error ... error will come back

pml sibei good to reset each time got error

only the 2nd and 3rd visit they will solve the problem

Edited by Wt_know

Anti Dazzle Mirrors:

According to the specifications the G30 530i M-Sport should have anti dazzle mirrors on both wing mirrors and the centre internal mirror. Is that correct? Does anyone know?

It seems my left hand passenger wing mirror isn't working then but I want to ensure it is anti dazzle before I take it in for repair.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement