2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

It’s offered by cars n coffee

Another big player

Are they really a big player? They used to be SG Car Choice and then opened Cars & Coffee to focus on Conti/luxury cars while SG Car Choice focus on Japan makes.

Must say they are more savvy with social media and responsive than ADs with queries.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

If buy PI, better take the savings and zhao... who knows if they are around 10 years later to give you your warranty?

PI throw $2-3k at ah beng workshop n tai chi all warranty responsibility to them. These fellas are standalone, small owner-operated workshops, not big multinational savvy insurance companies who have billions in their war chest and can stomach claims. Ppl honestly think these workshops can underwrite one’s expensive luxury conti for 10yrs?...lol
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

10yrs of being tied to a âservice packageâ by ah beng workshop and playing car & mouse game when claiming warranty?.....

I visited them recently .. the sales really cannot make it .. know nuts about the cars and can't even answer my questions well .. however they are nice and not Ya Ya like those in pm . The warranty is bought by them from a insurance company so even if they burst it will still be valid unless the insurance company is back yard . I didn't ask which insurance company but the workshop is mbm.
  • Praise 2

Itâs offered by cars n coffee

Another big player

Not really big player imo, more like new player although they got a big showroom

Their warranty normally ties to mbm but not sure about the 10 years one. Maybe 10 years warranty but cap limit of 10k claim? Lol

I have not bought from a PI before, but if companies like Cars and Coffee are trying to raise the bar then it can only be good for the industry. Things like 10-year warranty may come with a higher premium, which is a trade-off considering that customers can have more peace of mind with some savings still, as compared to buying from AD.   

• Praise 1

10 years??? WOW.. I guess it does comes with a "price", maybe still cheaper that get the car from AD? no one knows....

probably their backings is big to go that far or probably they threw this in to attract the first few batch of customers?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I visited them recently .. the sales really cannot make it .. know nuts about the cars and can't even answer my questions well .. however they are nice and not Ya Ya like those in pm . The warranty is bought by them from a insurance company so even if they burst it will still be valid unless the insurance company is back yard . I didn't ask which insurance company but the workshop is mbm.

I rather have pure cash savings that any warranty in this case. Insurance companies already give us the run around during accidents. Have the cash on hand can fix anything in double quick time. Wait for checks and test and getting their management to approve the claims will drive me nuts!

I rather have pure cash savings that any warranty in this case. Insurance companies already give us the run around during accidents. Have the cash on hand can fix anything in double quick time. Wait for checks and test and getting their management to approve the claims will drive me nuts!

Plus what is really covered under warranty? Very often, failed parts are classified as wear & tear

Supercharged

I have not bought from a PI before, but if companies like Cars and Coffee are trying to raise the bar then it can only be good for the industry. Things like 10-year warranty may come with a higher premium, which is a trade-off considering that customers can have more peace of mind with some savings still, as compared to buying from AD.   

i think the real problem is we dont know the financial health of these PI. on surface they may look very good but the core maybe rotten. it is the same like those tour agencies. suddenly close shop and caught all by surprise. whereas AD like PM you know they wont close shop one. even they do.. BMW will make sure the transition to next AD is smooth. you can argue that some PI have been there for years.. but u never know business world.. i think is the key concern.

• Praise 2

i think the real problem is we dont know the financial health of these PI. on surface they may look very good but the core maybe rotten. it is the same like those tour agencies. suddenly close shop and caught all by surprise. whereas AD like PM you know they wont close shop one. even they do.. BMW will make sure the transition to next AD is smooth. you can argue that some PI have been there for years.. but u never know business world.. i think is the key concern.

I agree, especially if you look at the tour agencies example that you stated. Not sure if anything can be done in terms of legislation to better protect customers as well as check such companies to deter them from just doing a disappearing act. There will always be a certain degree of risk involved when buying from PIs, so we really have to do our due diligence and hope for the best.   

• Praise 1

For ppl who buys from PI, they have to realise that all the technical support from factory will be lost.

What's important is delivery of goods purchased rather than 10 years warranty.

For 10 yrs warranty, i think it is BS.  I know underwriter who do car extended warranty.  I know how it is done.

Even global insurers will not underwrite beyond 3+2 without a huge premium.

For tour agency, STB already cover their backside by making sure that these tour agency sells you travel insurance with agent insolvency cover.

• Praise 1

I agree, especially if you look at the tour agencies example that you stated. Not sure if anything can be done in terms of legislation to better protect customers as well as check such companies to deter them from just doing a disappearing act. There will always be a certain degree of risk involved when buying from PIs, so we really have to do our due diligence and hope for the best.   

For tour agency, you are protected as long as you buy travel insurance with agent insolvency cover.

Supercharged

For ppl who buys from PI, they have to realise that all the technical support from factory will be lost.

What's important is delivery of goods purchased rather than 10 years warranty.

For 10 yrs warranty, i think it is BS. I know underwriter who do car extended warranty. I know how it is done.

Even global insurers will not underwrite beyond 3+2 without a huge premium.

For tour agency, STB already cover their backside by making sure that these tour agency sells you travel insurance with agent insolvency cover.

Example of BS warranty is the Mitsubishi 10yrs engine warranty . Tell me 10yr gear box at least i happy .engine hardly fail.
↡ Advertisement