2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

Carbon82

just in time to change my F10

but i'm jumping ship to merc liao ... [laugh]

How come may I ask?

Most BMW owners esp those repeated ones swear by BMW and always harp on the drive etc which Benz doesn't come close to, so they claim. BTW, which benz model you eyeing? Thks!!

• Praise 3

[flowerface]

I think you are a full time paparazzi cameraman cos you always provide spy shots!! 

Must stay clear of you for sure [:p]  [laugh]

Have a good weekend!!

I am only interested in new cars, not people, so don't need to worry. :relief:

Car dealer / SE will hate me 'cos I always asked them when the new model coming, and some even tell me they are not aware of it (new model). :lll._.:

Have a great weekend too bro Spring. [flowerface]

• Praise 4

Supersonic

i have tested several cars ... none come close to BMW drive ... it's a very very tough decision

looking at GLC ... hopefully the new X3 is out before i jump ... lol

How come may I ask?

Most BMW owners esp those repeated ones swear by BMW and always harp on the drive etc which Benz doesn't come close to, so they claim. BTW, which benz model you eyeing? Thks!!

[flowerface]

I am only interested in new cars, not people, so don't need to worry. :relief:

Car dealer / SE will hate me 'cos I always asked them when the new model coming, and some even tell me they are not aware of it (new model). :lll._.:

Have a great weekend too bro Spring. [flowerface]

Haha you are a car dealer's nightmare!! :D

Still got pics to prove if they say no new model coming esp if they want to hide this fact when selling of outgoing models. I for one will definitely be asking you first in future [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

i have tested several cars ... none come close to BMW drive ... it's a very very tough decision

Wow I also like that GLC but heard it's one year waiting time?

Happy hunting and do keep us informed, good luck!!!

• Praise 4

New X3 coming soon. Look out for a new thread later on X3.

Haha you are a car dealer's nightmare!! :D

Still got pics to prove if they say no new model coming esp if they want to hide this fact when selling of outgoing models. I for one will definitely be asking you first in future [thumbsup]

You are most welcome. Just buy me a cup of coffe while we talk hahaha...

Wow I also like that GLC but heard it's one year waiting time?

Happy hunting and do keep us informed, good luck!!!

GLC in fresh look very nice and well proportioned (saw a few in Malaysia and only 1 in S'pore). The waiting list might just be a marketing tactics...

• Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

GLC side & rear looks like my dream car that i can never afford ... so very itchy

02-2015-porsche-cayenne-s-fd-1.jpg

GLC in fresh look very nice and well proportioned (saw a few in Malaysia and only 1 in S'pore). The waiting list might just be a marketing tactics...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

How come may I ask?

Because bmw cosmetic wise nothing new already. Become boring.

It used to be that bmw has superb handling, so you really buy bmws for the drive. But now bmw trying to go towards luxury and comfort. Some new bmws are fwd and almost all use electric power steering now. Even the uncle branded Benz have also caught up with the handling. The difference is not that great anymore.

Supersonic
(edited)

not entirely true ... bmw twin turbo, 8sp transmission, agility, RWD, etc .... very [thumbsup]

audi and merc cannot match at all ... i am comparing normal car ... not ///M, AMG and RS

bmw merc audi ... all same same la ...

1 design ... Long (China only) Big Medium Small Compact - several sizes to choose ... lol

Because bmw cosmetic wise nothing new already. Become boring.

It used to be that bmw has superb handling, so you really buy bmws for the drive. But now bmw trying to go towards luxury and comfort. Some new bmws are fwd and almost all use electric power steering now. Even the uncle branded Benz have also caught up with the handling. The difference is not that great anymore.

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

not entirely true ... bmw twin turbo, 8sp transmission, agility, RWD, etc .... very [thumbsup]

audi and merc cannot match at all ... i am comparing normal car ... not ///M, AMG and RS

1 design ... Long (China only) Big Medium Small Compact - several sizes to choose ... lol

Merc normal car also have turbo and 9spd transmission. What's new? I drove the latest C and it is not that bad leh

Jaguar is coming in strong too.

Edited by Douglam

(edited)

Merc normal car also have turbo and 9spd transmission. What's new? I drove the latest C and it is not that bad leh

Jaguar is coming in strong too.

Those who cant differentiate a bimmer from a merc or jag should just buy whichever car that excites them cosmetically. 

Makes no difference to them anyway. Cosmetically arousing appearance means more to them, and ultimately that's the value they attach it to anything they buy. 

Edited by Miles

The driver foot well space and knee room all look super tight.

Thanks to the big central console

Bro my car up north go 160 at some point quite unstable. Is it due to crosswind? Then when overtake trucks also. Drive with my rx450 and A8 before not much prob. Could it be due to weight difference?

Bro my car up north go 160 at some point quite unstable. Is it due to crosswind? Then when overtake trucks also. Drive with my rx450 and A8 before not much prob. Could it be due to weight difference?

Bro, you have problem controlling your F10 at 160 on NSH? Seriously?

Supersonic
(edited)

ok leh ... i did 200+ ... quite stable ...

kw v2 coilover with 19" wheel & 245/275 tyres

steady poon pi pi

check your wheel balancing, wheel & tyre

the usual suspect for instability on high speed

stock suspension also sucks if you do high speed ...

may not firmly planted on the road but should not be so jialat

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic
(edited)

Bro, you have problem controlling your F10 at 160 on NSH? Seriously?

hahaha ... proton already zoom zoom 160 ... lol Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement