PSLE T score replaced by banding

Showster

Twincharged

I think more stressful. We have to include all 4 subjects, instead of O Level style best 5 + 1. So if your child got 8 points for 1 subject. Say bye bye to his future liao.

Now also cannot use stronger subject to cover weaker subject via aggregate scoring.

Really disappointed with Mr Ng Chee Meng. Change for the sake of changing. Waste time and money. And more tuition for the kids.

For many students, the killer subject will be mother tongue. There is also the issue of some MTs being more 'scoreable'  than others.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

That's what our o-level table tell us. But we know that table is for parents. How else do u explain that genius guy who always score A1 got a A2 instead during o-level when its stated 75?? And he usually score 90s in school exam. Slip by 20 points?? Unlikely. Moderation is likely the case.

Maybe you are right. Will only know when year 2021 psle result come out. Or there is internal people working on the set of psle grading will know what's happening.. Haha..

Edited by Yewheng

(edited)

Changing Parents Mindset

Easy to say, Not Easy To Do

attachicon.gifparents mindset - education.gif

It is really not easy. Even tho, I have so far manage to not get affected by the race around my kids. I did have moments doubting the path I choose to take with my kids. I put my kids into to school I feel suits each child's development instead of putting them into either my wife's or my alma mater which would have been a much easier route and the schools are more 'atas'. 

Edited by Silver_blade

Twincharged
(edited)

Maybe you are right. Will only know when year 2021 psle result come out. Or there is internal people working on the set of psle grading will know what's happening.. Haha..

Won't change anything. Just some smart ass in MOE Trying to overhaul the system and tell themselves they did a good job and deserve a promotion and pay rise.

Ownself praise Ownself and ownself create job for ownself to do.

Our pioneering ministers did a very good job. Nowadays all the Jiak liao bee ministers try to meddle and have things blow up in their faces. They never learn.

Edited by Mkl22

Twincharged
(edited)

Won't change anything. Just some smart ass in MOE Trying to overhaul the system and tell themselves they did a good job and deserve a promotion and pay rise.

Ownself praise Ownself and ownself create job for ownself to do.

I already explained in the previous few post what I think and it's actually good. So it's not actually ownself praise ownself. Must look in logical way with unbiased mindset man. If one is bias, no matter what others do it would still be no good. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

Whatever. The top schools will remain top, Even if the score don't distinguish.

RI still produced the most successful con men so far, TT Durai, Ming yi and kong Hee. Wonder who is next.

Anyway, whatever system is used, clever means clever and stupid means stupid. The system is created by man can never be perfect. And the clever ones will still come out tops no matter what people throw at them.

One step at a time.. Can't expect one change to equalized all secondary schools as the same band (in MOE's word, all become a good school).

• Praise 1

Tutors and tuition agencies will continue to huat huat huat!!!  [thumbsup]

Parents will continue to sweat sweat sweat!!! [sweatdrop]

Every skool will be a good skool, but some skools are gooder than others, and there will be skools that are gooder than good. :XD:  

• Praise 3

A new system that does not reduce stress and yet add more subjectivity to the grading process. Now a child who gets 4 90 marks will be grades 4 while the unlucky one who gets 4 89 marks will be graded 8. In the past, they are just few points apart which is fair. And with many students with 4, parents will be sending their kids for all kinds of enrichment classes to do well in CCA. It has become easier for the rich to beat the system. Not surprising, those who set the rules are the elite aint they?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lol 2021 psle release date all eyes on kiasu parents forum lol

A new system that does not reduce stress and yet add more subjectivity to the grading process. Now a child who gets 4 90 marks will be grades 4 while the unlucky one who gets 4 89 marks will be graded 8. In the past, they are just few points apart which is fair. And with many students with 4, parents will be sending their kids for all kinds of enrichment classes to do well in CCA. It has become easier for the rich to beat the system. Not surprising, those who set the rules are the elite aint they?

Those rules set because they listen to the ground.. So far any rule the set because listen to ground no good.

Psle change

HDB change

Coe change...

All rubbish.

• Praise 1

For many students, the killer subject will be mother tongue. There is also the issue of some MTs being more 'scoreable' than others.

Yalor I'm sure some of our children the mother tongue cmi. I also think Tamil is a very difficult language.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Lol 2021 psle release date all eyes on kiasu parents forum lol

Those rules set because they listen to the ground.. So far any rule the set because listen to ground no good.

Psle change

HDB change

Coe change...

All rubbish.

To be fair, I think the psle change is good. What had they change for hdb and Coe?

Turbocharged

seriously what's the facking difference.

-_-  [confused]

Well, it is now called  ALs and not T-score.

And with that, they hope parents mindset change. :o

Well, it is now called ALs and not T-score.

Still the same lah. Last time gor mormal/express. Now got band. So next time just ask the ...you band 1 student..pat pat good. You band 2..useless..go technical stream

(edited)

To be fair, I think the psle change is good. What had they change for hdb and Coe?

A lot actually. HDB they give many priorities to ppl who are eligible end up almost everyone except foreigners are in priority queue.

So many applicants yet so little units. Tikum lor. What change do you expect?

COE many ppl say old rules no longer applicable ask LTA to make changes. In the end drop the CatA 130hp bombshell.

Still want change? Mlmlwm.

Things involving cheng hu best is not to ask for change. Their help is like no help and it actually make things even worse.

Men are not born fair in anyway. Only those born with a sliver spoon will get an advantage. Asking for the education to be fair is impossible.

Edited by Watwheels

Turbocharged

HDB... Two single actually have more grant then a couple. It's still 2 citizen yet.....

Coe... The cat A Lor. More then 130 Bhp become cat B

A lot actually. HDB they give many priorities to ppl who are eligible end up almost everyone except foreigners are in priority queue.

So many applicants yet so little units. Tikum lor. What change do you expect?

COE many ppl say old rules no longer applicable ask LTA to make changes. In the end drop the CatA 130hp bombshell.

Still want change? Mlmlwm.

Things involving cheng hu best is not to ask for change. Their help is like no help and it actually make things even worse.

Men are not born fair in anyway. Only those born with a sliver spoon will get an advantage. Asking for the education to be fair is impossible.

Every change come with increase cost and rightly cause you need people to manage. So please don't ask them to change. best is status quo then we can plan now to game the system.. Keep asking for change will end up harder to plan.

Twincharged

HDB... Two single actually have more grant then a couple. It's still 2 citizen yet.....

Coe... The cat A Lor. More then 130 Bhp become cat B

Every change come with increase cost and rightly cause you need people to manage. So please don't ask them to change. best is status quo then we can plan now to game the system.. Keep asking for change will end up harder to plan.

Ya, these 2 really stupid change..

Turbocharged

Well, it is now called ALs and not T-score.

I was discussing with another parent of this before (our p1 kids in same class) they want to change our mindset to make them all rounder... A1 in everything.

Ya, these 2 really stupid change..

This two suggested by citizen... We can only blame them for anyhow listen.

Parents just have to realise its ok if there are children better and smarter than your child. So if someone score 280 while your child gets 260, just accept the fact that someone else perform better. What is the point of insisting your 260 should be in the same band as 280? Or in fact can be considered superior since now subjective matters like CCA will matter more? If u notice, those kids that speak well n do well in CCA n go overseas for humanitarian matters usually come from more well to do families. Anyway, all these subjectivity will create more issues. In the past its transparent, just add all the scores together. Now with banding,chances are like O n A levels, normal distrbution has to be applied. So if a year has too many AL1, they may shift the 90 cut off up. That might create even more controversy.

↡ Advertisement