Brake squeak every morning

MadDog70

Supercharged

true!!! haha...ntg to worry abt lo...at first i tot the rotor rusted...brand new ones some more...haha got a scare then realise they r just brake dust....gone after driving off..

ya lor...once in a while will get those squeals...either reversing brake or heavy traffic brake...gotten used to it...

after mkt brakes also have le at times...

last time big alloy wheel with thin spokes not so common mah, rusted rotors hide behind small wheel or plastic wheel cap so less people notice it... haha

now suddenly wear bikini and people shocked by what they see.

↡ Advertisement

last time big alloy wheel with thin spokes not so common mah, rusted rotors hide behind small wheel or plastic wheel cap so less people notice it... haha

now suddenly wear bikini and people shocked by what they see.

nice example lor.....so far all my rims thin spokes le....no caps on....exposed rotors!!!!

these days even smaller bikinis lo...3 points nia..keke

Supercharged
(edited)

I like to use ATE Plastilube, a small bead at the right place will keep the noise away.

s-l300.jpg

changed the rotors and pads recently and those grease that I applied during the last pad change still intact.

2l9l1cm.jpg

Edited by Phang

1 hour ago, ashtaichee said:

@Phang hi, where do u apply this?

I apply it on the areas where the brake pad backing plate in contact with the caliper and pistons, sparingly 

the whole idea is to prevent the pads from binding with the caliper/piston

My front brakes on my Honda Shuttle had a screeching sound for the past 2 weeks.  I thought it was due to the worn-out brake pads and I took my car to a workshop to change.

The technician opened the brake assembly and told me the brake pads were still very good.  He felt that the screeching sound was from the accumulation of brake dust and helped me to air-blast clean them.  To my surprise, he did not charge me at all despite me offering some cash 😄 

There is no more screeching sound after that servicing 😀  I will go back and try their other servicing jobs in future.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, awhtc said:

My front brakes on my Honda Shuttle had a screeching sound for the past 2 weeks.  I thought it was due to the worn-out brake pads and I took my car to a workshop to change.

The technician opened the brake assembly and told me the brake pads were still very good.  He felt that the screeching sound was from the accumulation of brake dust and helped me to air-blast clean them.  To my surprise, he did not charge me at all despite me offering some cash 😄 

There is no more screeching sound after that servicing 😀  I will go back and try their other servicing jobs in future.

Hi, may I have the workshop address. I do have this similiar problem

Brake squeal can be many reasons. It can happen when the brakes are cold, uneven contact surface, brake pad compound, etc etc. 

If it is just brake dust the easy solution is to go to any hdb mscp and use the jet wash to wash off the brake dust. Adjust the spray nozzle for high or low pressure.It is that simple. No need to go to a workshop. LoL...

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Brake squeal can be many reasons. It can happen when the brakes are cold, uneven contact surface, brake pad compound, etc etc. 

If it is just brake dust the easy solution is to go to any hdb mscp and use the jet wash to wash off the brake dust. Adjust the spray nozzle for high or low pressure.It is that simple. No need to go to a workshop. LoL...

Mine is still original steel rim. Hard to wash. I did not know it was the dust. Maybe I change the rims and do a make over next year.

↡ Advertisement