Rio HB1.4 VS Avante

Sleepyrob

based on what budget i have, i am thinking of getting either 

2009 Rio HB1.4

2009 Avante

Could any kind souls advice the reliability, common issues of either the 2 vehicles?

↡ Advertisement

I would get Avante.. For the size and spare part availability. Reliability should be around the same, according to my friend who own the 2 cars.. Rio FC is highly than avante..

If you compare rio HB with avante, surely avante is better in terms of space and power. Unless you are comparing same year avante vs forte?!

2009 Rio HB1.4

2009 Avante

Could any kind souls advice the reliability, common issues of either the 2 vehicles?

I drive Avante, very reliable. Parts are cheap and very easy to maintain.

Fyi, Avante is the best selling model in 2009. Corolla on that year was beaten also. And also the only Korean model can make it to the top in SG so far.

2009 Rio HB1.4

2009 Avante

Hands down the Avante... it has the latest engine of that generation. If I don't remember wrongly, the Rio's 1.4 L engine is not the same tech... it's one generation behind. For the same money, the Avante is hands down the better choice. You of course have to trade better space, driveability, power, and safety for higher cost of running, taxes, and insurance. Spare parts no issues. Many Kia & Hyundai cars use the same parts actually. Hyundai and Kia parts easily available, cheap and not difficult to replace. That is the cars easy to repair.

My Subaru Impreza was a bit of a pain sometimes to my mechanic due to proprietary screws, and fasteners, etc... thankfully parts were plentiful cos this car was a high volume seller during the years when it was sold.

Twincharged

Avante, Rio is the same as Verna/Accent, one step down.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement